TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

2 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Go get a snowball wall, put it down, get another and rotate it twice, put it down next to it.  I'm pretty sure they match, and that the snowball walls just have N/S and E/W orientations, and are therefore always too low in the tile to match up to the higher snowball wall parts.

@DangerDragon, I actually fudged my corners a bit, so they stuck a bit in instead of out, but that didn't exactly look tidy either.  I suggest that you try building your corners out of straight walls and see if that looks okay (Especially on the left, try replacing the corner with a wall that runs like "/" )

Thanks, I'll try that
Edit: it seems no matter what I use it seems wonky. But I only have 2 kinds of walls available so I don't know if there are different kinds.

Edited by DangerDragon

2 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

The hatchling is so cute! :D Look at that bushy tail. I'm totally in love already! I can feel my new favourite Christmas dragon coming up. Thank you NiramiTheRaven196 & Shiny Hazard Sign and congratulations! @hazeh should we expect a Legends of Tomorrow themed dragon? 

*uncontrolled gross sobbing*

I'M SO HAPPYYYYYY

Also omg a LoT dragon is a brilliant idea

Just now, hazeh said:

I'M SO HAPPYYYYYY

Don't pretend you haven't already snuck some superhero characteristics into these little brushy-tailed babies. :P I'll remain suspicious until I see the end result. Congratulations and happy Christmas!

8 hours ago, Shokomon said:

have a suggestion.

Can we swap the Close and Destroy icons for when you are modifying an object in your fort? I keep thinking that the "X" mark is "Close," because and X mark is used everywhere to close objects on computers. The backward arrow used for "Close" can also mean "return,"  like returning the snow you used to the inventory.

It makes more sense if Close = ✖️ and Destroy = ⤴️. At least, that's my opinion.

Also,

giphy.gif

This is still a thing I want.

Also, is anyone else wrestling with clicking and setting things for thier fort on thier phone?

The object selection KEEPS MOVING.

Stay.

STILL.

So, I've made much progress on mobile but it's still relatively hard to do. 

Current Problems:

• Have to click the cannons a bunch of times to try to fire them
  • Will sometimes accidentally click the back button when I want to place something down and have to do it all over again
  • Thought the little cruiser was something on the outside of my phone multiple times and tried to brush it away
  • Sometimes when I got to click the check mark, the object will move to the outside of the map

does anyone else find it lowkey difficult to click on the snow piles? like you gotta click above the sprite for it to work? am i just going crazy

6 minutes ago, -Frost-Fire- said:

does anyone else find it lowkey difficult to click on the snow piles? like you gotta click above the sprite for it to work? am i just going crazy

That's not just you.

I do as well.

Even the computer and ESPECIALLY on my phone.

Edit:

Join if you agree with swapping the icons.

Edited by Shokomon

5 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Okay, I'm going to complain: I appreciate the artists and people who put effort into these events, but can we please please PLEASE have a Christmas event that's also much more mobile friendly than what we've been having?

Indeed.

I can't even get the game to come up on my mobile. All I get is to help screen and that's it, nothing else, no buttons, nothing.

Major bummer. ☹

I am only getting a blank space as well with the instructions/rules? below but nothing else when I try to enter the game. I have tried with yahoo, msn, and google... pouts how long will it be up and possible to play if it ever works out on my computer? It sounds like a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, madameM said:

I am only getting a blank space as well with the instructions/rules? below but nothing else when I try to enter the game. I have tried with yahoo, msn, and google... pouts how long will it be up and possible to play if it ever works out on my computer? It sounds like a lot of fun.

Have you tried a hard refresh? Other browsers? These are the things I'd try if it's not working.

*ahem* BUSHY-TAILED HATCHIES OMG OMG!!!! *ahem* 

They are so adorable!! I love them so much omg! .... And now the issue becomes 'I want to freeze a bajillion of them instead of collecting adults next year like I should', lol. They look so playful and happy! Omg I'm totally in love. This totally makes up for me waking up early and not being able to get back to sleep, lol.

I have to admit I don't totally love this new Snow Wars, it seems much more tedious then I remember the old one to be. Lots and lots of clicking required to repair every tiny piece of fort, and now it says I have to repair my fort with logs? But I don't have any logs, and I can't figure out a way to get them. Meh. Guess I have to wait and see if those snow drift things give me some?

25 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

That's not just you.

I do as well.

Even the computer and ESPECIALLY on my phone.

Edit:

Join if you agree with swapping the icons.

No. Too late now; the confusion would be awful,. (I speak as one who is NOT doing well, but still..)

48 minutes ago, hazeh said:

I'M SO HAPPYYYYYY

Congrats! :D

agreed with the difficulty in moving/clicking/touching/merely breathing on the tiny little things; for now i've resorted to zooming in.

also, when the list of objects gets longer, i've found that one scroll is a little too far and i can't view some objects' descriptions, e.g. with the chess pieces: top + after one scroll. to fix it, i've changed my windows settings to scroll by 1 line at a time (instead of 3, which is what i originally had) but that kinda compromises my browsing/scrolling experiences elsewhere :/

31 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

So, I've made much progress on mobile but it's still relatively hard to do. 

Current Problems:

• Have to click the cannons a bunch of times to try to fire them
  • Will sometimes accidentally click the back button when I want to place something down and have to do it all over again
  • Thought the little cruiser was something on the outside of my phone multiple times and tried to brush it away
  • Sometimes when I got to click the check mark, the object will move to the outside of the map

I think most of this may have to do with the cursor seemingly being kind of miscalibrated?

29 minutes ago, White Fox said:

Indeed.

I can't even get the game to come up on my mobile. All I get is to help screen and that's it, nothing else, no buttons, nothing.

Major bummer. ☹

I'm sorry! :C Though at first, I also saw only the instructions. As I found out, the game just needed quite long to load. Maybe it's the same for you?

3 minutes ago, ----- said:

also, when the list of objects gets longer, i've found that one scroll is a little too far and i can't view some objects' descriptions, e.g. with the chess pieces: top + after one scroll. to fix it, i've changed my windows settings to scroll by 1 line at a time (instead of 3, which is what i originally had) but that kinda compromises my browsing/scrolling experiences elsewhere 😕

I never knew that you could even change those settings. :blink: But I also noticed that problem.

Quick question: Has anyone gotten any Mana as a resource so far? I think I have maxed out the levels but I only have rocks, wood, ice and snow as resources...

aklajlksjldjf IM so excited omg! snow forts is easily the most memorable event from dragcave and its the entire reason i came back- i didnt expect IT to come back as well!! thank you for this wonderful gift! :'P and happy holidays to everyone!

Slight event update:

• Brought back a mechanic from the original Snow Wars that encourages defending a bit more: repairing damage on your fort (i.e. successfully defending an attack) grants XP.
  • Fixed a bug where damaged weapons could still attack.