TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! I love the new eggs and the hatchies are so cute. Now off to play Snow Wars!

24 minutes ago, RockChick said:

When I try to attack a fort randomly keep getting forts that are unbuilt or already destroyed, it's tiring me out to keep refreshing the page and getting the same old things again - forts you can't destroy.

I have the same issue. I attack but nothing changes on the fort. What's going on?

7 hours ago, saltywench said:

HOW DO YOU TURN OFF THE MUSIC?

I had turn off all sound on the pc.  Less than optimal for streaming video while doing this, LOL.

Merry Christmas to everyone.  Loved the old game, I think I'm not too impressed with this new version.  I do appreciate the effort, though :)

1 minute ago, daba555 said:

I had turn off all sound on the pc.  Less than optimal for streaming video while doing this, LOL.

Merry Christmas to everyone.  Loved the old game, I think I'm not too impressed with this new version.  I do appreciate the effort, though :)

2 hours ago, scalesofgrey said:

Do you see something like this?

QikmZRX.png

It'll definitely be nicer if there's an in-game mute button, still.

You can mute the sound by muting the tab

nvm it was explained above

Edited by DangerDragon

I have to agree there, the sound is annoying, no way to change from building to battling unless you refresh and no facts to actually destroy.  Is anyone wanted their fort destroyed like with Snow Wars?  

5 minutes ago, RockChick said:

no way to change from building to battling unless you refresh

pressing the 'esc' key works, not sure about mobile

edit: misread it as "battling to building"; see stormwizard's post below for the actual answer haha

Edited by -----

8 minutes ago, DangerDragon said:

How do you get more snow

More becomes available each hour. 

1 minute ago, RockChick said:

I have to agree there, the sound is annoying, no way to change from building to battling unless you refresh and no facts to actually destroy.  Is anyone wanted their fort destroyed like with Snow Wars?  

To get from building to battling, you need to click on your tent and click 'enter base'. This will take you back to the menu screen. 

28 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

I'm level two and it's been an hour. Yet I can't do anything. ><;

WB

As in your weapons haven't reset or as in you didn't get any new resources at the top of the hour or as in you can't afford anything to build?

8 minutes ago, Sturmschwinge said:

I have the same issue. I attack but nothing changes on the fort. What's going on?

Is everything already destroyed, maybe? Can you reuse the same snow cannon? If yes, the attack was not successful. For me, like I've said before, the things that can be destroyed/give XP when destroyed have to be fully highlighted in red, not just the red oval underneath them when you hover over them.

4 minutes ago, DangerDragon said:

How do you get more snow

At the top of every hour new resources appear. It can be snow piles, presents, tree stumps, ... Check for things that you haven't placed yourself. Plus, I have to refresh the page every time because it is not clickable for me right away. 🤷‍♀️

Ahh okay! Plus it seems my theory is correct. More stuff unlocks every ten levels. I'm at level 20 and I got stuff I haven't seen until now. ((Granted I can't get any of it as I have no ice or trees for wood. ><)) This cool and all. However I kind of wish you could just build it in peace with new stuff unlocking every hour. It's going to be a lot of work to unlock everything.

WB

8 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

More becomes available each hour. 

To get from building to battling, you need to click on your tent and click 'enter base'. This will take you back to the menu screen. 

ok thanks

I just went to my fort and there's a bar up by my tent which suggests it's been damaged and needs repairing but it won't let me do it when it goes on to the spanner.

Edited by RockChick

23 minutes ago, Sturmschwinge said:

Yep, same problem. I leveled up to level 2, but since then I can lob 20 snowballs from the same cannon in my fort to the same thing in the fort I'm attacking and there is no change. IDGI. I want to level up because I remember the amazing fort I built last time! 😀

4 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Okay, I'm going to complain: I appreciate the artists and people who put effort into these events, but can we please please PLEASE have a Christmas event that's also much more mobile friendly than what we've been having?

This so much this. 

2 minutes ago, sfts said:

Yep, same problem. I leveled up to level 2, but since then I can lob 20 snowballs from the same cannon in my fort to the same thing in the fort I'm attacking and there is no change. IDGI. I want to level up because I remember the amazing fort I built last time! 😀

I'm just going to quote myself: 

12 minutes ago, MiaLily said:

Is everything already destroyed, maybe? Can you reuse the same snow cannon? If yes, the attack was not successful. For me, like I've said before, the things that can be destroyed/give XP when destroyed have to be fully highlighted in red, not just the red oval underneath them when you hover over them.

Anyone else playing on their phone? It's impossible to play. I try to edit the fort and when I try to click on the check mark it acts as if I clicked on back

28 minutes ago, Sturmschwinge said:

Same problem ;-; also i bought a ton of cannons and sold away all of my snow piles but im still at level 1. Im not sure if this is how it works (i hadnt joined dc yet for the last snow wars) but i read some of the replies on this thread and it seems like other people are levelling up because of this. Am I right or totally wrong? 😛

It's really difficult to play this on mobile. I've no other chance as I'm not home for the holidays.

I'm at LVL 20 but I don't get any new resources on the hour so I can't build much. No ice and no timber so far. No idea how to do a hard refresh on mobile to clear the cache. Already deleted the browser history, logged out and in again, didn't work. :( 

1 minute ago, chokokora said:

Same problem ;-; also i bought a ton of cannons and sold away all of my snow piles but im still at level 1. Im not sure if this is how it works (i hadnt joined dc yet for the last snow wars) but i read some of the replies on this thread and it seems like other people are levelling up because of this. Am I right or totally wrong? 😛

Click on your tent and hit the bottom-most button, the one that looks like a house. From there you can battle using your cannons. A lot of forts don't have anything in them right now so if you attack a fort and can't hit anything (you'll know if you can if the object itself highlights red when you hover over it) just hit an empty plot (it won't use up your cannon) and hit esc to go back to your base menu and search again for another random fort.

Is there a trick to starting the game? I've tried playing a few times now, but when I enter the Event all I get is the page with the rules of how to Play on them. No way of actually playing. Am I missing something or is that a glitch?

7 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Rotate them the other way?

Go get a snowball wall, put it down, get another and rotate it twice, put it down next to it.  I'm pretty sure they match, and that the snowball walls just have N/S and E/W orientations, and are therefore always too low in the tile to match up to the higher snowball wall parts.

@DangerDragon, I actually fudged my corners a bit, so they stuck a bit in instead of out, but that didn't exactly look tidy either.  I suggest that you try building your corners out of straight walls and see if that looks okay (although I haven't actually tried that).  Especially on the left, try replacing the corner with a wall that runs like "/".

Edit: I'm pretty sure the spanner option is muted if you don't have the right materials to repair, RockChick.  I heard the tents require logs, which may spawn once you reach a higher level?

Alatariel, do you see a picture of the inside of a tent?  If so, note that there are buttons in it ("edit fort" and "battle").  If not, all I can guess is that your browser is being uncooperative.  I hope you sort it out soon, whatever is going on.

Edited by Pilauli
This thread is full of ninjas.