TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Finally got my base the way I wanted it! I'm sure it will get messed up again with resource spawns but I like it for now. 

c5IjDA0.png

Last time I went for a snow fortress so I decided to make a nice, cheery cabin for this event! I loved all of the details of the different trees not to make use of them.

59 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

You can refresh the page to get rid of unwanted items - it will bump you back to the Edit/Battle selection screen. Also works if you decide not to attack a fortress (I've been enjoying just viewing random people's forts, without firing a shot)!

Anyone have their fingers crossed that they'll get a certain resource drop? I'm hoping for one more of those pretty green bushes. (Dear TJ... ;) )

The escape key also works for both situations. :) 

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Before this thread gets closed I wanted to thank all those who worked so hard to bring us this event and kept working on it all week to make improvements. I had trouble playing it at first, and almost gave up, but once I got it to work i had a wonderful time with it. I hope this is not the last we see of Snow Wars!

And the new dragon is so much love! I was hoping for a more colorful dragon this year after several years of pale ones, but once I saw the adults I couldn't possibly be disappointed!! (Still hoping for next year, though! XD).

I wasn't going to close this until at least 1/1 (and yes, I will be staying up for it, just had a very large Americano to help me with that task) so there is still quite a bit of time. :) 

@Pinch of StarDust Thank you!

I've set my alarm for the last hour of Snow Wars to get in there and tidy up all the resource drops (haven't been to the game all day) and make sure my fort is exactly how I want it. I loved seeing everyone posting their forts, so many beautiful ones! 

When exactly will the Snow Wars event finish? At midnight tonight, New Years Eve OR at the end of New Years Day, so midnight tomorrow?

Edited by Dubious

Just now, Dubious said:

When exactly will the Snow Wars event finish? At midnight tonight or at the end of New Years Day, so midnight tomorrow?

Tonight.

Just now, Lagie said:

Tonight.

Ah okay thanks! Was hoping I had more time to finish my fort but never mind, it will have to stay as is.

I'm still fighting to get the correct resources spawn in 3 remaining squares... one of the demanded ones just finally spawned but in tthe wrong slot of the 3:< it's 2:30am here:'(

Edited by VixenDra

I love how some people have forested their forts... they look so cozy -3-

Here is mine. I'm too lazy to arrange trees and coordinate colours, so I make it a floating fort on water instead.

snowwars2.PNG

Man, the resources as decoration thing is really just not working out for me, either they spawn just where they can be semi-obscured, or something awesome like an mana crystal spawns put it's covering up something like Claudius' little crow buddy. :(

Finally figured out how I wanna decorate my fort, and currently I'm trying to get different kinds of presents to go around the Christmas tree I put outside. So far I have three but for some reason a fourth one won't spawn in the last square available, and it's the only place it can spawn; the entire rest of my "empty" space is covered in cannons and trebuchets (or rocks hidden behind trees)!

Edit: Nevermind. Found two empty spaces behind trees that snuck by! Got rid of the presents there and one spawned where I wanted it to too bad it's the wrong kind.

Edited by BrokenGems

4 minutes ago, BrokenGems said:

Finally figured out how I wanna decorate my fort, and currently I'm trying to get different kinds of presents to go around the Christmas tree I put outside. So far I have three but for some reason a fourth one won't spawn in the last square available, and it's the only place it can spawn; the entire rest of my "empty" space is covered in cannons and trebuchets (or rocks hidden behind trees)!

Maybe you have more than one gift that's trying to spawn. Try clearing up a couple more tiles. It should spawn as soon as enough places are empty for all pending drops.

Is there any way of making things spawn today? I urgently need some wood, I last got something some ten hours ago, I've tried attacking forts, even refilled my bar, but I don't seem to get anything.

18 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Is there any way of making things spawn today? I urgently need some wood, I last got something some ten hours ago, I've tried attacking forts, even refilled my bar, but I don't seem to get anything.

It should work as long as you attack enough to fill your XP bar and gain another level or make it wrap around if you are at level 50.  Once your XP bar is full, you should see the presents if you edit your fort.

Found out that there was a space in-between the stone walls and the trees that resources were spawning, so I had to move those over. Coulda sworn I didn't leave any room for that.

I think I'm pretty happy with mine tho.

5ADg5g4.png

Double-checking, resources spawn on the hour and when you 'level up' (or fill the bar after level 50) right? So, after 11pm if I don't do any levelling up, no battling or repairing or anything, then no more resources will spawn, right? I want to get my fort just perfect during the last hour but don't want stuff spawning randomly while I'm trying!

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Double-checking, resources spawn on the hour and when you 'level up' (or fill the bar after level 50) right? So, after 11pm if I don't do any levelling up, no battling or repairing or anything, then no more resources will spawn, right? I want to get my fort just perfect during the last hour but don't want stuff spawning randomly while I'm trying!

I've had resources spawn within the hour. Not sure if there's any pattern to it.

And with that, my fort is done! Not the fanciest, but I like it nonetheless!

1610995243_ScreenShot2019-01-01at2_44_39pm.thumb.png.bb4f0341f578171b88a78198230508d1.png

6 minutes ago, Niomedes said:

And with that, my fort is done! Not the fanciest, but I like it nonetheless!

1610995243_ScreenShot2019-01-01at2_44_39pm.thumb.png.bb4f0341f578171b88a78198230508d1.png

Ooo I love this! So neat and nice :o

Damn, I'm afraid I won't spawn two crystal resources in my last 2 free slots:'< nearly all I'm getting are presents... and nto because it's 5am my time, but because it's 11pm DC time....

Just out of curiosity I feel like I read this somewhere, if you are out of resources before the end of the event and your fort is damaged will that show up as fixed by the close of the event or do we have to repair everything anyway? 

I really really wish we could move resources. I want to keep some of them so bad but they are in the way of my gumdrop border! I really shouldn't have waited until the last hour to figure out how I want to leave my fort.

2 minutes ago, acm1923 said:

Just out of curiosity I feel like I read this somewhere, if you are out of resources before the end of the event and your fort is damaged will that show up as fixed by the close of the event or do we have to repair everything anyway? 

All damage gets fixed, resource spawned remain

Edited by VixenDra

Just now, VixenDra said:

All damage gets fixed, resource spawned remain

Oh super! So I don't have to panic because I am out of wood to fix all of my damage yay! Thanks! :D So glad this event came back it has been a blast!