TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Everyone is so creative with their forts! I would like to redo mine and it is in shambles right now anyway, but I don't really have the time or energy for it, so I will probably leave it as it is

@hazeh - love the artwork and all the extra information about the Starsingers. Cuddly dragons! How great is that?

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yes, they will. TJ said so a couple of pages back.

Awesome! Thanks a lot!!

A castle of royal dragons overlooking a small foresty village. The wildlife is even in the spirit this year! All the good little birdies got presents!

Screenshot_20181230-160351_Chrome.jpg

HAHAHA, interesting...  As I am repairing items, I apparently am being attack anew...  I have repaired the same snow gun 3 times in a row..   

14 hours ago, hazeh said:

001.thumb.jpg.a9ba8e283e354ae37047c5379c0143de.jpg

Merry Christmas, everyone! 

Though it's been like 7 years since I touched colored pencils, I don't have a computer so you all get some traditional art this year :D Also oops, she turned out a little bucktoothed. (Valkmarian dental insurance?)

I am so very happy about the Starsingers. These dragons are gentle and physically affectionate, often found cuddling together or with other dragons. Hatchlings take to building cuddle puddles with any willing participant, dragon or not! Their fur is fleece soft and intermingled with feather down, and smells sweet like roasted chestnuts due to the fact that they consume roasted nuts during the winter when there isn't enough sunlight to fully photosynthesize. 

Each dragon has a unique sound to their vocals and may have varying ranges from individual to individual. As they prefer to harmonize with a group rather than focus solely on their own performances, they will gather with other dragons that compliment their vocal type. These groups of Starsingers are referred to as a "chorus."

Since it's been pointed out, yes they purposefully have smaller arms. :D they aren't t-rex status though. Starsingers were also not designed as Wyverns first. Though we certainly need a wyvern holiday! 

O wow! That art work is lovely~

So these guys are photosynthetizers. That's cool.

So, they are hadrosaurid body types? Or something similar? I was wondering.

13 hours ago, 11th said:

Took a while, but I'm pretty happy with my fort now~

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.2292107709f4ac1b04a47eaf08747132.png

Also, How the heck did you manage ythis???!!!???!! Dang. You are patient.

As for my own fort, I need to figure out how to do a chess puzzle, and then, I'm done.

The event ends tonight, right? Or tomorrow night?

When I look at the adults, at quick glance it looks like they're wearing a party hat with a blue tuft on the top.  I had to blow the image up on my computer to see that its their horns + blue flame lolol.

Edited by Leidarendi

17 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

The event ends tonight, right? Or tomorrow night?

Tomorrow night! 31st, 11:59PM :) 

Did a final recount. I went from 18 Christmas dragons in total to 76 this year (thats 58 more). Not bad! I did better for Halloween (I think I managed to grab around 70  or so dragons). Maybe next year, when I won't need to hunt for CB eggs and will be able to hunt the AP like I wanted, I'll do better. 

Edited by relaks

What my fort ended up as. I wanted more stone walls, but back when I was building I kept running really low on stone and had to substitute ice. Then I gave up and made a garden. ^_^
I love seeing everyone's forts!

snowwars2.png

Do resources spawn on the chess board tiles? I don't want any of them in my fort once this is over and if they'll prevent that...I'm going to town with them!

Okay, so I'm going to add my "fort" to the collection:

image.png.e94a4b82e77b0cca86365e856f9aa405.png

Not exactly much of a fort, and not nearly as creative as some, but I like it anyway.

ETA: Crossposted. I decided to make use of the upgrades, which makes the cabin look quite hilarious. XD 

image.png.ede2c80fd83206c65d515995dc792d4c.png

Edited by olympe

Had to do a makeshift castle, but had to have a frozen castle hidden on the other side of the hedge maze. I am happy with how it turned out, but will prolly add Claudius and the Snow ribbondancer in the front on the tiles. I know by the time I go to bed it will be demolished...lol....so got my pic now!

ZyFort.png.f4feef3a4ef388ebba1afcd03032b377.png

@Nureyev OMG....love the Penguin habitat...I may have to put a penguin on my last available space, I had completely forgot there was a penguin!

6 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Do resources spawn on the chess board tiles? I don't want any of them in my fort once this is over and if they'll prevent that...I'm going to town with them!

5 minutes ago, olympe said:

Okay, so I'm going to add my "fort" to the collection:

image.png.e94a4b82e77b0cca86365e856f9aa405.png

Not exactly much of a fort, and not nearly as creative as some, but I like it anyway.

They do seem to, yes.

Thanks for the update, TJ!

My game finally works! Rather annoying since it's the last day. Thank goodness for all the Level 50s in the Discord!

Just one present left, then my fort is done. Lazy but at this point, idgaf anymore. I finally got to effing play after being jealous of everyone else getting all week to play and stuff. And the presents are cool.

EDIT: There, updated! Got my last present and upgraded my fort. All done~! :)

snow fort COMPLETE.PNG

Edited by animatedrose

23 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Not really. I actually put the chess board tiles under the already spawned presents. As a matter of fact, I had one spot open without anything but a chess board tile on it, lef the site for several (like 16 hours) - and only got spawns in the 5 or so other places, if my memory isn't quite faulty. So I guess chess board tiles prevent spawns. At least spawns from leveling. (I literally just tested this.)

Edited by olympe

3 hours ago, cbussiere said:

@11th How'd you get the last few, once you had to delete the last of your weapons to make room? Random drops? :o

You can gain a bunch of levels with a full fort, and it remembers how many you've gained. (ex. If I were to gain 10 levels, it would remember that I had 20 more presents to receive.) You can force things to spawn in specific locations by just clearing those spots... though getting a specific color gift box can take a few tries. Also, it will only drop both gifts from a level at once, unlike the hourly drops that give one resource, so you need to have two spots open or nothing will spawn. Thankfully, the last two slots on my fort gave the right colors on the first try, otherwise I could have been trying for a while. |D;

Igloo update! I'll have to look into possibly adding that.

Yay! Thanks for the update, TJ! I caught it just before going to sleep, fortunately, because I doubt I'll have much time to do anything tomorrow. 

I like the upgrades ❤️ I kept mine at a log cabin.

Final (hopefully) look, then!

Spoiler

1546211518-captura-de-pantalla-2018-12-31-a-las-0-11-36.png

Some bugs with how things are displayed, but I quite like it ❤️ 

After a lot of fussing, I think I've finished! (Never mind that, um, dancer club in the corner.)

This was very fun =D I thoroughly enjoyed setting up little scenarios, much like the Helicopter beheading and the trickster crow ("Why, your head's right in front of you!")

snowwfinal.PNG.a47a696424bf5ce47a6ef7ec90b8b5c0.PNG

Edited by Prophet

@Zylara Thanks! As cool as most of the decorations look...I can't decorate and my base would look cruddy, so I decided that since the resources left would stay...i'll just drown Claudius in presents! :)