TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I distinctly remember the dragon's headgear having rays of light coming out of it like on the egg but now they've been gone for a while, what happened?

Edited by blockEdragon

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

How do you turn items, like for the walls? I'm super late to the party

Right click. Just be aware that not all items rotate. 

2 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Right click. Just be aware that not all items rotate. 

I'm not getting my timber walls to rotate. Click it to move it, then right click doesn't work ? 

Everyone's got really nice forts lol, I'm going to leave mine as mediocre because making a nice one would probably take ages. I'm really proud of getting "The War On Christmas" as a name, I didn't manage to get "Angel Tree Topper" so I took "Angelic Tree Topper" instead.

I haven't been reading the comments this year so I don't know how anyone else thinks, but I think it's cool we have a Hanukkah dragon. At first I was like "4th white Christmas dragon in a row?" but no this is good.

You know, now that I have this laid out in front of me in text, one of my dragon names seems kinda poor taste -__- 

It's cool that we can keep the debris that spawns in our forts, I like the presents, but I guess that means I have to keep the place clean haha

2 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I'm not getting my timber walls to rotate. Click it to move it, then right click doesn't work ? 

They should rotate. If it's already placed, then yes, you need to pick it up and move it again to be able to rotate. When it's moving, right click. If you're using a Mac, then right click how you usually would. Mine is configured to right click when I click with two fingers. 

35 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

I distinctly remember the dragon's headgear having rays of light coming out of it like on the egg but now they've been gone for a while, what happened?

The sprites look unchanged to me. Try viewing an adult on the Portal 2 skin so the rays are easier to see?

I'm increasingly destroying stuff I built so I have more room for my level-up presents... These will remain in the post-event fort, right? I kind of want to use them as features of my landscape. >_>

image.png.c61c834b3538c97b0effe1c3ece8ce3d.png

Dumb question, but haven't been able to find it anywhere... But how do you get the helicopter? Level 50 and can't see the option to build one. Is it a present from the boxes? Thank you.

1 minute ago, Shirubia said:

Dumb question, but haven't been able to find it anywhere... But how do you get the helicopter? Level 50 and can't see the option to build one. Is it a present from the boxes? Thank you.

It's under Weaponry when you go to build.

48 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

I'm increasingly destroying stuff I built so I have more room for my level-up presents... These will remain in the post-event fort, right? I kind of want to use them as features of my landscape. >_>

Yep, TJ has said they'll remain. :)

1 hour ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

If you have any add-ons/extensions that affect your right mouse button, like Snap Links, try disabling them.

001.thumb.jpg.a9ba8e283e354ae37047c5379c0143de.jpg

Merry Christmas, everyone! 

Though it's been like 7 years since I touched colored pencils, I don't have a computer so you all get some traditional art this year :D Also oops, she turned out a little bucktoothed. (Valkmarian dental insurance?)

I am so very happy about the Starsingers. These dragons are gentle and physically affectionate, often found cuddling together or with other dragons. Hatchlings take to building cuddle puddles with any willing participant, dragon or not! Their fur is fleece soft and intermingled with feather down, and smells sweet like roasted chestnuts due to the fact that they consume roasted nuts during the winter when there isn't enough sunlight to fully photosynthesize. 

Each dragon has a unique sound to their vocals and may have varying ranges from individual to individual. As they prefer to harmonize with a group rather than focus solely on their own performances, they will gather with other dragons that compliment their vocal type. These groups of Starsingers are referred to as a "chorus."

Since it's been pointed out, yes they purposefully have smaller arms. :D they aren't t-rex status though. Starsingers were also not designed as Wyverns first. Though we certainly need a wyvern holiday! 

@hazeh Beautiful illustration and thanks for the extra lore! I'm fascinated by the fact that they have a skin membrane in addition to feathers, I didn't notice that on the sprite. Does it mean part of the back of their wing is fleshy, since the membrane would presumably attach to the "arm" the feathers also protrude from? And what inspired the decision to make them traditional 6-limbed westerns instead of wyverns?

4 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

@hazeh Beautiful illustration and thanks for the extra lore! I'm fascinated by the fact that they have a skin membrane in addition to feathers, I didn't notice that on the sprite. Does it mean part of the back of their wing is fleshy, since the membrane would presumably attach to the "arm" the feathers also protrude from? And what inspired the decision to make them traditional 6-limbed westerns instead of wyverns?

Thank you!

The wings are not fully webbed on top. I imagine the membrane to slip underneath the coverts on the topside of the wing, up to about the "elbow" of the wing arm. I'll have to draw it out sometime :D

I wanted them to have front limbs so they could securely hold onto the tree tops when they perched and sang. When I was first designing her, I figured a wyvern would have to concentrate a lot more on their balance than if they could anchor themselves with front limbs better. 

Took a while, but I'm pretty happy with my fort now~

image.png.2292107709f4ac1b04a47eaf08747132.png

Edited by 11th

3 hours ago, hazeh said:

These dragons are gentle and physically affectionate, often found cuddling together or with other dragons. Hatchlings take to building cuddle puddles with any willing participant, dragon or not!

Okay, I just cooed out loud. That's just so cute!

Thanks @hazeh for the lovely art and the additional lore. I love me some gentle dragons and these are steadily heading to become one of my favorite. I want a pile of puppy hatchling dragons to cuddle with!

Mine will be able to grow up in 2 hours, I'm so excited to have the adults and start lineage combinations! Can't wait!

Also, I think I'll put the finishing touches of my fort tonight, take out all the unwanted weapons and just make a beautiful scenery, so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow (so many things to cook tomorrow!). 

Overall this has been a delightful holiday event for me! I caught all the CBs I needed, I bred the dragons I wanted to breed, I caught some lovelies in the AP (though not enough because there's never enough slots :P) and the Snow War game was working great for me! I've had a lot of fun. Thanks to all the spriters, for both the lovely dragons and the amazing elements of the game. And thanks to TJ and anyone involved in making the event happening, spriter or not! :D

1 hour ago, 11th said:

Hide contents

Ok, you win most dedicated 🏅

🤣👍

1 hour ago, 11th said:

Hide contents

My favourite fort ever.

FinFort.png?width=609&height=359

All the bars are not cklickable/repairable because they're behind an obstacle 😕   Also Aegis dragon's head glitches into the wall every time I re-enter the game and wheels from Reindeer are in the floor as you see.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:05 PM, Moonlightelf said:

Here is currently what I have. Gonna see what else there's going to be before finishing the interiors of the walls. I'd figure here live people that love playing chess and Snowa is kinda making little camping trip there x3

Spoiler

MZHAe4M.png

So I got bored of the old design as it left much to be desired when completed. And was pretty plain in my opinion. So here's my new design for it ♥

AT1misW.png

Could someone come bomb my fort for a bit? Preferably the snow and ice stuff as I have a lot of those resources and they're easy to fix.

I'm hoping to spawn a resource in a specific square, figured the quickest way to gain XP is through repair.

Scroll name is the same as forum name.

Thanks, keep 'em coming! :) 

Perfect! Thank you all! ❤️ 

Edited by Ripan

3 hours ago, 11th said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's amazing.