TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

7 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

What do I do if I keep trying to place things and every time I do, it disappears? 

Edit: items not in red zone.

I have that and manage to get around it with strategic use of multiple button double clicks....

Ok, sorry to come across as complaining. I do really like this event as much as I enjoyed the first snow wars. I'm having fun building my little fort area. The artists did a great job. (along with the coders for bringing it to life!)

Just one more suggestion, can we have a button for "repair all"? It would be super helpful now that I have like a billion cannons and little stuff that is hard to click on. Would also help me from accidentally deleting things.

Edited by LadyNightshade

I seem to be one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any problem with Snow Wars since the very beginning. I think I'm more-or-less done with it, though, I'll keep picking up resources and maybe battling a little more but I've looked at all the available decorations and such and I think I have everything on my fort that I want. 

7ffe9e0e54e57806a0b7d89345cf5fe5.png

35 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Anyone with a pretty snow fort -- I'd love to see it!

So much is broken ahhh idk if this counts as pretty.

Also I need like 300% more trees but I'll get there eventually. I keep getting ice/snow...

Edit: wait i might be dumb, did you mean particularly forts made of snow? if so im sorry

bd9ccebcc2.png

Edited by Fera

I can actually play the game now, and resources besides snow are finally dropping - however, after I have battled a random fort, and attempt to do so again, the weapons I used in the previous battle remain unusable. There is no option to repair them. It seems ridiculous to have to destroy and replace your weapons after every battle, so I assume that isn't what you're actually supposed to do - but for some reason I cannot use my weapons in a second battle after I've used them in a previous one.

Also - the dialogue box is completely and utterly in the way. If you have weapons in the bottom section, or someone has items in the bottom section of their fort, that area behind the box is unclickable.

Edited by forcryinoutloud

5 minutes ago, forcryinoutloud said:

I can actually play the game now, and resources besides snow are finally dropping - however, after I have battled a random fort, and attempt to do so again, the weapons I used in the previous battle remain unusable. There is no option to repair them. It seems ridiculous to have to destroy and replace your weapons after every battle, so I assume that isn't what you're actually supposed to do - but for some reason I cannot use my weapons in a second battle after I've used them in a previous one.

Weapons have an hour-long cooldown, then you can shoot them again!

Thanks to whoever decided to totally destroy my fort after I posted the screenshot! (No, seriously, thanks, it gave me something to do!) I think it's funny how some things look when they are destroyed, like the ice blocks melting and the gumdrops kind of falling apart (and my gumdrops moved when they were destroyed!).

29 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I seem to be one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any problem with Snow Wars since the very beginning. I think I'm more-or-less done with it, though, I'll keep picking up resources and maybe battling a little more but I've looked at all the available decorations and such and I think I have everything on my fort that I want. 

Same here, I had a blast playing this game! I'm done with decorating for now, I love the more rustic look, but I saw some really nice forts here that may inspire me to try other things as well! ^^

Thank you TJ and everyone who contributed to this wonderful event.

fort2.png

DC18-Snow-Wars-Fort.png

I think I'm mostly done!

Featuring:

• The chessboard as the centrepiece (well, not exactly because of 17x17 dimensions, but close enough!).
  • A frozen moat
  • Claudius and Wee Bird are friends hanging out in my backyard
  • The crow who wants to join them but is too shy 
  • Weaponry manned by a pair of penguins
  • Annnd a row of expertly-made snow sculptures 

Edit: Went back to my other tab and everything is mostly destroyed lol. Hope whoever attacked had a blast!

Edited by scalesofgrey

I'm so sad :(! My fort disappeared overnight and I hadn't even gotten a screenshot! And my levels dropped as well... I spent hours last night making it :( 

Here's my fort. I think I'm mostly done with it now, I don't know what else I could add or change here. I modeled it to look like a nice little park built in a forest with a frozen river next to it. :)

Dragon Cave snow fort.png

Uh, I'm so low on timber and rocks.... and I don't mind the destruction as much as the little sidebars which block my view....

7 minutes ago, infiniteviking said:

Guys my fort looks awesome :D

(Refreshing after I took the screencap fixed it right up, but I thought it was funny!)

SnowWars2glitch.jpg

Okay this actually made me laugh a lot. Like an evil witch cackle, I love this so much.

Some comments on the building:

My biggest pet peeve is that people are constantly attacking me while I'm trying to build my base. This means the page keeps refreshing, and more things get damaged (often what I was trying to move). That falls into pet peeve 2 which is you can't move things which have been damaged. There aren't enough resources to go around to keep repairing things over and over.

The HP bars block a bit too much of the screen...a "hide" option for them would be sweet.

4 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

My biggest pet peeve is that people are constantly attacking me while I'm trying to build my base.

I agree, it's starting to get more tiresome. I have lots of little things on my fort, and I keep getting attacked. I'm at 50, so I don't attack anyone else. I wish there was an option of waving a white flag so you wouldn't keep taking hits. I know that's not what a snowball fight is about, but I'm going to stop repairing everything because it's too expensive in resources to rebuild every hour.

Do resources stop dropping after level 50?  I haven't gotten any in a while.  Tried refreshing, etc.

7 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

The HP bars block a bit too much of the screen...a "hide" option for them would be sweet.

!! Yes oh my gosh I'd appreciate this so much right now.

23baf58ab1.png

Everyone's complaining of getting attacked and spending too much in repairs, and then there's me with a tent and some dozen cannons. Is it wrong to stave off the building till after the snowball fight rush is done with?

15 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

That falls into pet peeve 2 which is you can't move things which have been damaged. There aren't enough resources to go around to keep repairing things over and over.

This, so much. I had to destroy part of my cabin to get at a drop that was behind it, as I didn't (still don't !) have enough logs to fix it.

ETA what makes you think the rush will be over till the last day ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

ETA what makes you think the rush will be over till the last day ?

I don't know, wouldn't the snowballing stop once everyone reaches lvl 50?