TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

9 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

You'll keep getting new resources every hour. :)

Great, thank you :) I planned a comfy log cabin in between ghedges and trees so I'll need a lot of wood 😆

Can I make a small plea to TJ at this stage and if so where's the best place ? At the end of the game can we have 24 hours battle-free, to place the things that we would have placed earlier if we hadn't been repairing stuff to carry on building ? (As in I was about to put a roof on my cabin and suddenly had to repair a wall elsewhere...)

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Can I make a small plea to TJ at this stage and if so where's the best place ? At the end of the game can we have 24 hours battle-free, to place the things that we would have placed earlier if we hadn't been repairing stuff to carry on building ? (As in I was about to put a roof on my cabin and suddenly had to repair a wall elsewhere...)

I'm hoping we'll have some time at the end to fix our places up and get them exactly as we want them, too. If you have a specific idea like this, you can create a thread in Suggestions/Requests.

i'm out of wood now too. i want lots of trees and hedges, and stone walls, but i can't see that i'll ever get enough resources for it. 

what about the tent? does it stay permanently, or can we upgrade to a castle and make the tent go away? i suppose as it's the entry to the battle and edit options, it has to stay, but it seems a bit out of place once we get the means for building solid structures. apologies if this has previously been mentioned. i skipped a few pages of the thread earlier.

...trebuchets o.o....*rubs hands together and grins evilly* I love them...so far I have 2 XD

I love how everyone is going on and on about "decorating" their fort. Um in the middle of a snowball fight in rl do you sit there and plant bushes and trees? Lol I'm legit spending EVERYTHING on making mine into an active war fort. I have the outer walls and a ton of weaponry. My 1 "decoration" is a tree in the corner lmao

I love this...I can become a little snow General and attack the "enemy". :D

i have had several trebuchets, and even a siege tower, and lots of cannons, but i want get on to the decorating. i see them as the means to an end, not the main game. i've had to overrule my pacifist tendencies to do all this attacking, and now i just want to make a garden. sigh.

Also ... why is the reindeer a "weapon" if it doesn't do anything?

I'm in the middle of making a chess board (well, need to rearrange my ice river first) between the Ribbon Dancer and the wee bird! Kinda sad you can't layer the chess piece over the the board though.

I'm loving the snow wars thing, I'm already at level 50.  Feel free to attack me my user name is the same as my forum name.  Also I'm so loving the new holiday dragon, looking forward to the adults.

48 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

36 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

I'm hoping we'll have some time at the end to fix our places up and get them exactly as we want them, too. If you have a specific idea like this, you can create a thread in Suggestions/Requests.

As per the instructions:

At the end of the event, your fort will be saved to show off to others—and don’t worry, all damage will be wiped away.

So as long as you don't need to move damaged things around to build your dream fort, repairing is not essential. I still would like to see everything at least once without any damage just to decide if I like the final product. Bit hard to tell with all the destruction. XD

20 minutes ago, greycat said:

what about the tent? does it stay permanently, or can we upgrade to a castle and make the tent go away? i suppose as it's the entry to the battle and edit options, it has to stay, but it seems a bit out of place once we get the means for building solid structures. apologies if this has previously been mentioned. i skipped a few pages of the thread earlier.

I was wondering about that, too. You don't actually need it to access the start screen, you can just reload the page, but currently there is no option to remove it anyway. I thought of putting a cabin around it as it is possible to put the roof over it (might be a bug, though?), but then a cabin out of wood is also slightly out of place in my ice fortress. XD So far, I'm compromising by putting it in the right corner, where I won't have to see much of it once I put the ice walls up...

13 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

I love how everyone is going on and on about "decorating" their fort. Um in the middle of a snowball fight in rl do you sit there and plant bushes and trees? Lol I'm legit spending EVERYTHING on making mine into an active war fort. I have the outer walls and a ton of weaponry. My 1 "decoration" is a tree in the corner lmao

I love this...I can become a little snow General and attack the "enemy". :D

6 minutes ago, greycat said:

i have had several trebuchets, and even a siege tower, and lots of cannons, but i want get on to the decorating. i see them as the means to an end, not the main game. i've had to overrule my pacifist tendencies to do all this attacking, and now i just want to make a garden. sigh.

When I was leveling up, thankfully snow cannons were enough. XD I was not a fan of the whole attacking business either and haven't done any since I reached level 50. And since we get to 'keep' our fort I would like it to be as neat as possible, a sibling to the one of 2013, basically.

Wow. Went to bed then awoke to find this:

iz1a47.png

*wanders off to read 8 pages and see what else she missed*.

I added a corner and a wall and was not able to do anything else, that was yesterday.  I read that resources would drop every hour.  That was over 24 hrs ago, more or less.  I reentered tonoght and found.....nothing!  ???  I did the only apparent course of action and clicked the w'all' and 'corner' and nothing new seemed to happen other than they are no longer there and now I son't seem to have any other moves available???  I am lost on how to proceed???

14 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

I added a corner and a wall and was not able to do anything else, that was yesterday.  I read that resources would drop every hour.  That was over 24 hrs ago, more or less.  I reentered tonoght and found.....nothing!  ???  I did the only apparent course of action and clicked the w'all' and 'corner' and nothing new seemed to happen other than they are no longer there and now I son't seem to have any other moves available???  I am lost on how to proceed???

Do you maybe have flat snow piles around the board?  Or not even that? Because I beleive I had this yesterday, but when I re-enered the area to make a screenshot of the nothing, they suddely appeared to spoil that:P

2 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Do you maybe have flat snow piles around the board?  Or not even that? Because I beleive I had this yesterday, but when I re-enered the area to make a screenshot of the nothing, they suddely appeared to spoil that:P

I am not sure what I have or don't have...  I looked back a few pages and see references to 'drops' of some sort but nothing seems to have changed on my board???  I am totally lost!

2 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

I am not sure what I have or don't have...  I looked back a few pages and see references to 'drops' of some sort but nothing seems to have changed on my board???  I am totally lost!

My fort was just the tent, 1 cannon and the rest of the 'distortions' in this shot are the snow piles with resources that appeared on me just when I wanted to show how I don't have resources on my board(which was all bare and flat, save for tent and cannon), if you could screenshot your fort, that could help?

bad.png

Edited by VixenDra

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I fully support a "white-flag-day" like that!

After the event when no more resources are dropping and we can create the picture fortress, without interruption, that we wanna leave behind :3

13 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

My fort was just the tent, 1 cannon and the rest of the 'distortions' in this shot are the snow piles with resources that appeared on me just when I wanted to show how I don't have resources on my board(which was all bare and flat, save for tent and cannon), if you could screenshot your fort, that could help?

bad.png

I am not sure how to screenshot, it has been so long since I have done it.  Anyway, I went to my board and clicked on the snowpiles and my snow reading rose to 23 or something like that  I was then able to add 4 of the corners, but then nothing more, no matter how many times I hovered/clicked over the piles.  I do also seem to have a fir3 in front of the tent when I hover over it???

OK, now when I hover over a snowpile, then click it I have the option to destroy which builds up my snow pile in the upper right and I am able to build some walls.  I will try again and add some snowguns and see what happens...

31 minutes ago, Belisar said:

I fully support a "white-flag-day" like that!

After the event when no more resources are dropping and we can create the picture fortress, without interruption, that we wanna leave behind :3

I maded a thread:

Do support it !

So how do I like, gather the resources from snow piles? I really am having a hard time understanding this...

Edit: Figured it out. The cursor is SO off center that I have to click like, off to the side of a snow pile before I notice its highlighted for an option to harvest.

Edited by XiziX

Well, I have my 2018 holiday eggs, I have a whole bunch of older holiday eggs (including a lot of 2G Holly eggs thanks to the CB drops last year), and I'm at level 50. Now all that is left is to design & build my dream fort without it all getting destroyed while I'm building. 

I did forget to breed my CBs except one Garland and my Hollies, but that's better than Halloween when I forgot to breed any of my dragons. :lol:

Thank you to all who created the event!

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I maded a thread:

Do support it !

Supported with passion xD