TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I'm with everyone else that wishes that the resources spawned faster.....one resource an hour is freaking ridiculous - and at this rate - I won't a) be able to build new stuff AND defend b) decorate up...because I'll be spending so much on repairs after I wait around for an hour for one freaking resource to spawn.....

Seriously, the amount of damage that a person can take vs the amount of resources they can get to repair is ridiculously out of balance. I like what the one person said about using 1 resource to repair so we're not blowing everything we do end up getting on repairs.

What fun even is there in this game?

And, my daughter - whom comes over to my computer to do her thing when the hourly alarm goes off - somehow is a higher level than I am? And we both started the same day, and I've played a bit more than she's been able to. Not sure how the hell that happens..

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that keeps getting ressources each hour and doesn't have bugs... Good luck to everyone who is having problems with the event! I hope it can get solved soon ❤️

My goal is to get to level 50 asap and then I can start decorating and building my reserves. I try to avoid attacking weapons 'cause that sucks for the other people... Anyway, I'm having fun!! :D I wasn't around last time, so I'm happy I get to play this. Thanks to all the spriters involved, this must have been a lot of work; also thanks to everyone who's managing the event, I know it may feel overwhelming with all these reported bugs, but I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work! ❤️ 

Merry Christmas everybody 

This is my event  a whole bunch of nothing except 1 weapon... no resources, a big fat nothing

bad.png

Just a few minutes ago there were no snowpiles. Or they take quite a few minutes to load somehow? Like the only sprite in the entire game to me(not likely, I've seen them on other people's forts, so I knew what I was looking for, my browser either?)? Good they are here at last tho. Just no idea what was wrong...

Edited by VixenDra

@PhoenixEterna she may not be bothering with defending or repairing defences ^^

Ignore it an only invest in snow canons in the beginning. Build many, repair if necessary (but only right before you go on a raid) and then attack other forts. Focus on snowball walls (they earn you 3 exp for 1 canon shot). If a fort has no snoball walls to destroy hit the back button twice and start a battle with a new snow fort.  

You will level up quickly like that :)

Edited by Belisar

3 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

And, my daughter - whom comes over to my computer to do her thing when the hourly alarm goes off - somehow is a higher level than I am? And we both started the same day, and I've played a bit more than she's been able to. Not sure how the hell that happens..

She probably invested more of her resources into weapons, so she could attack more and accrue EXP at a higher rate.

@VixenDra You see those little white bits in some of the squares? You can click on those in edit mode (which you're in) and click the X to destroy them for free. You'll get 10 snow each. You didn't start at a disadvantage, you're just not utilizing your resources.

Really enjoying the game, but it would be nice if resources spawned at the rate that trick or treats and Easter eggs do instead of just once an hour. Or maybe you could get resources based on what stuff you destroy in other’s forts (not as much as from finding supplies in your fort, but a bit)? :)

Also I’m curious, is there really a point to investing in defense? Offense gets you points from attacking AND repairing, so other than decoration, does defense have any perks...?

11 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

@VixenDra You see those little white bits in some of the squares? You can click on those in edit mode (which you're in) and click the X to destroy them for free. You'll get 10 snow each. You didn't start at a disadvantage, you're just not utilizing your resources.

Thing is they were NOT there just a few minutes earlier... one more refresha nd they finally appeared just to prevent me from screenshooting the desolation :o

PS the snow piles have quite a tiny hitbox...

And I'm getting opponents I can't even attack, because they are all wiped out - this is quite a problem.

Edited by VixenDra

sb19.jpg.3bee596216aee4715bad6007efb81cfe.jpg
Has anyone seen this before? It spawned instead of the normal resources and drops 30 snow, 30 ice. :o I think staff are fixing the slow resource problem.

Also, dear god, someone destroyed all my cannons... I'm glad I have more snow to fix them... TT__TT

Is there any way to unlock the higher tier building items without actually attacking anyone? I really just want to build a fort.

12 minutes ago, Kaityn said:

I'd put a tower in the middle of the wall ;)

I was wondering how this could possibly work, and then I realized that you mean I should put just the middle one and not the corners 😆 You're right, that would fix it. But I wonder why they decided to change the grid from an even number to odd this year

py1UTD2.png

2 minutes ago, Saami said:

Is there any way to unlock the higher tier building items without actually attacking anyone? I really just want to build a fort.

Well, if I understood right, you get XP every time you repair things (or only weapons? i don't know). So you could wait to be attacked and then repair things, but I'd say that would be reaaaally long!

14 minutes ago, Belisar said:

@PhoenixEterna she may not be bothering with defending or repairing defences ^^

Ignore it an only invest in snow canons in the beginning. Build many, repair if necessary (but only right before you go on a raid) and then attack other forts. Focus on snowball walls (they earn you 3 exp for 1 canon shot). If a fort has no snoball walls to destroy hit the back button twice and start a battle with a new snow fort.  

You will level up quickly like that :)

I mean, I'm sitting here right next to her when she's doing it. I assure you, she absolutely is bothering with defending and repairing. It'd be completely pointless if she wasn't? Right after I typed my first post, she had her turn at the computer to do her thing. I kid you not, 3 resource piles appeared. And yes, I'm sure that they weren't just "there before and we didn't see them". Before that, there was just one itty snow pile resource. This time there were 2 presents and a snowpile. Me? One stupid snowpile.

There is not reason she's leveled up faster than me. I've been sitting here for a fair few hours longer than her, considering I stayed up later. how can she get to nearly level 30 overnight when she was not playing, but I am not even at level 20 yet and........????? Do you get what I'm saying here? There's no logical reason she's a higher level and has more stuff to work with than me when I WAS UP LONGER AND PLAYING LONGER..it makes no sense.

Well. I hit level 50 before I even had the resources to build any of the non-cannon weapons I've been saving for. Guess I won't need those now...

I'm maxed at 50, so I will build some snowballs for people to attack :D I do hope that we have a period where we can build where things don't get destroyed so I can plan out a cute design like the last snow wars. I made a little garden :D

Resource piles are generated hourly even if you are not online.  If she hadn't checked in awhile she probably had some stored up.

As best as I can tell, presents are random.

28 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

Seriously, the amount of damage that a person can take vs the amount of resources they can get to repair is ridiculously out of balance. I like what the one person said about using 1 resource to repair so we're not blowing everything we do end up getting on repairs.

I agree here, I had over 100 snow and used nearly all of it just on repairs. Definitely seems a bit much!

I really *really* wish there could be something coded to *not* give us opponents we can't even attack! I've gotten many many random opponents who already had everything destroyed, or who didn't have anything up at all (looks like I'm getting multiple 'players' who haven't played at all). 

Overnight a bunch of random walls and cannons appeared built in my fort, is that supposed to happen? It seemed pretty strange. :blink:

I love the look of the new dragons so far, I can't want to see how they look grown up...

For anyone talking about the time it takes to level up, I just hit level 50, after something like five barrages, each with fifteen cannons.  Annoyingly, a large portion of my random targets either had nothing or already had all their stuff destroyed, although it's not too bad because you can just keep targeting random people.

Speaking of which, I plan to remove most of my current furnishings at some point, so feel free to bombard me if you need XP (first come, first serve, obviously, because why would I bother repairing it if I don't intend to keep it? :D).

Anyone want to destroy a fort, feel free to send some love my way. Last time I checked, its all been repaired.

edit: scroll: aussieJJDude

Edited by aussieJJDude

Does anyone know what this event's icon is supposed to be? I can make out wings and a little castle icon, i think. I notice mine is a pink/red color too, though I've also seen gold and blue. Wonder if it's random or tied to your level.

I'm kind of in the boat of wanting more resources to spawn and a bit faster too. I'm more into the whole decorating than I am actually wanting to battle stuff. I just got to level 50 and I unlocked the Lucky gold fountain. I must have that to sit in the middle of the hedge maze I'm working on. But I need ice, rocks, and mana. Which I have yet to see!

WB 

Woot! Finally got some stone and wood! Added in more decorations and repaired everything! If targeting attacking is working, feel free to come get some XP! XD 

Regardless of the game, I'd like to say this has been a very good christmas. Lots of generous and helpful people on here when it comes to trading and gifting dragons. Thanks to any who have helped me.
That being said, I also have a CB tricolor Snow Angel, and a CB mistletoe left to breed (though I'm locked so if anyone needs a 2nd gen from either of those yet, I would need something held while I breed).

Stupid question. I'm at level 44 and trying to look over some of the decorations, but not all of the boxes/descriptions fit in the screen. Is there a way to scroll down?