Biscuit19131

ANSWERED:My egg died 3 days ago, but it's still on my scroll.

1 hour ago, JavaTigress said:

I have been watching this thread and thought I would give my input.

I can personally confirm that it isn't how FAST the eggs gain views, necessarily.

A big part of it is age, I find.

My OWN method for hatching involves leaving my eggs fogged until they are about 4 days left ( At which point they are considered ER and can hatch for me the minute they get enough views to do so)

They are basically safe from outside interference in that case until I am ready to deal with them.

I THEN unfog and toss them into hatcheries... at which point they tend to gain views QUITE rapidly until they have enough to hatch. :)

Usually I do this when I am available to watch them just in case.

Everybody has their own particular method I am sure and you are more than free to choose to do what you want with your eggs. They are YOURS after all. 

I have heard of people who like to get as many views as possible on their dragons without losing them to sickness, I have heard of people that like to raise dragons with them getting views only... no clicks. Point is there are a variety of ways to play AND if that is yours you are free to continue. I don''t get the sense that anyone was ATTACKING you for it per se. I think that they merely wanted you to be aware of the risks AND to understand that things at holiday time aren't QUITE the same as they are the rest of the year. Stuff gets views MUCH more quickly on releases and that is especially true during holiday time. :) AND yes, keeping an especially sharp eye on them this time of year is a good idea. Especially since as Astreya pointed out, you might lose dragons right now that could mean a whole YEAR of waiting to replace.

Thank you so much, JavaTigress! You out it better than I could have ever said myself. I agree 100%. Also, I noticed I should probably lock this thread due to the fact that it has been answered. Does anyone have an idea as to how I could do that?

4 minutes ago, Biscuit19131 said:

Also, I noticed I should probably lock this thread due to the fact that it has been answered. Does anyone have an idea as to how I could do that?

A moderator will do that as soon as they notice the "ANSWERED" in the title.

13 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

A moderator will do that as soon as they notice the "ANSWERED" in the title.

Actually - the 'ANSWERED:' is put there automatically when we mark the thread as answered and close it, so seeing it on the title can be confusing for us sometimes because we can mistake the thread as already closed. Putting 'answered' in there differently (ex: "(answered)") or just posting clearly that the question has been answered is super helpful for us. =D

I'll close this once @Biscuit19131 has seen this. 'u'

39 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Actually - the 'ANSWERED:' is put there automatically when we mark the thread as answered and close it, so seeing it on the title can be confusing for us sometimes because we can mistake the thread as already closed. Putting 'answered' in there differently (ex: "(answered)") or just posting clearly that the question has been answered is super helpful for us. =D

I'll close this once @Biscuit19131 has seen this. 'u'

Alright, thank you! I didn't mean to confuse anyone. :)