osmarks

Non-emptying Holiday biome

Nor do I. Does anyone know of  anyone who was on line over Christmas who didn't get all the CBs they were after (and had space for, of course. ?) The only issues I've heard of were where people who were unable to be there, or who were egg-locked - and a non-emptying biome wouldn't have helped them at all.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I honestly don't get why a deliberately 'non-emptying' biome would be so much better then what we currently have. Is it sometimes difficult to get holiday eggs the very first day? Sure. But not the 2nd day, or the 4th day... When the majority of people are locked, or have what they want... The holiday biome *is* 'non-emptying' a good deal of the time, I've seen it. I've seen eggs sit in the holiday biome for 3-4 minutes at a time. I've seen that a lot. I've seen the only movement be on the 5-minute mark, because no one is taking any. Again, I've seen that a lot. How is that different then what is being proposed? I get that it's hard to catch stuff right when the biome first appears, but that's pretty much the same as being hard to catch new releases of any type. Wait for a few hours, or a day, and everything calms down. I really don't see what this suggestion would do that is soooo much better then what we currently have.

7 hours ago, Guillotine said:

I still don't see how this would help.

So, having actually experienced the Christmas events now, it does seem like the biome is often empty, sometimes even during the last few days. It is also stuck on the same eggs much of the time, but being able to get a few more holidays earlier when it's moving fast would be nice.

Do you know anyone who didn't get everything they wanted - unless they were locked  ?

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Do you know anyone who didn't get everything they wanted - unless they were locked  ?

The only thing that would come to mind are breeds that an infinite biome wouldn't help with because of how ratios work.

I can imagine while not being super important for xmas (holiday) and valentine, it would be nice in halloween IMO. Halloween has the option of collecting numerous dragons, so the biome from my experiences was often empty...

9 hours ago, Guillotine said:

The only thing that would come to mind are breeds that an infinite biome wouldn't help with because of how ratios work.

But this is only about the HOLIDAY biome, so that doesn't matter...

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But this is only about the HOLIDAY biome, so that doesn't matter...

I was specifically referring to Hollies and the like.

I don't even know anyone who hasn't got 2 CBs now, actually ! Even my grandson who wasn't even trying, just grabbing from there to see what would stick. I'm not sure ratios even apply to holidays.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:32 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Nor do I. Does anyone know of  anyone who was on line over Christmas who didn't get all the CBs they were after (and had space for, of course. ?) The only issues I've heard of were where people who were unable to be there, or who were egg-locked - and a non-emptying biome wouldn't have helped them at all.

My sister - didn’t get a second Aegis or Garland despite her trying. She’s very upset about it lol.

Oh. Sorry. But do you thing a non-emptying biome would have helped her ?