angelicdragonpuppy

Unlimited CB Xmas/Valentines - done in a BALANCED way

35 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

What if the holiday biome never ran out of eggs? There would constantly be eggs in it, with no need to refill since it would never be empty. Even though I fully support this suggestion, I get it, people want to catch what they need fairly easily, but I also ask for those people to put themselves in the shoes of others who desire no limits, and of course vice versa. In fact, some people have trouble with Hollies still, and of course we all saw the Omen craze. So actually, regardless of whether this suggestion flies or not, you really need constant eggs in the holiday biome for everyone to have a low-stress holiday time at DC, no matter what limits we're talking about.

I like this idea quite a bit, if the biome never runs out of eggs then everyone gets a chance and we don't need to limit it.

Letting the biome never run out of eggs should probably be a new suggestion in a separate thread.

(it's not really mentioned in the title or first post here so TJ might not even see it in case he doesn't read all replies)

If ADP is willing to, it's simpler just to add the idea to the front post, rather than making a whole thread that would basically be everything here + never-emptying biome. Although if desired, someone can also make a thread about it completely separate from the idea of limit vs. no limits and instead geared toward making it easier for people to catch CBs in general.

But ADP, if you'd like to, it'd be terrific if you could add the never-emptying biome (I seriously need a better name for that...) idea to the front post in the context of no-limits!

Edited by KrazyKarp

@Sazandora @Soulsborne @RealWilliamShakespeare

Wouldn't adding holidays to the market fix all of your worries? This is a very tiered system to prevent stress. A Year 1 limit of 4 means a bunch of people are already going to be content, reducing demand the next year. Year 2, the biomes are now moving quicker, so you have better odds of whatever you want popping up. Can't get it? It's available right there in the market, cheap, no-stress. Even if by some craziness you couldn't catch ANYTHING in the holiday biome, it takes less than 3 months of shards to  buy 1 of every Christmas dragon there is. Less than the cost of a single Copper. Yes, it would bump you back a few months if you're saving for, say, a Gold--but that's exactly what the market IS; a failsafe where you might have to wait a while, but at least you'll get everything, if you can't catch it in cave. And again, that's assuming you can't catch ANYTHING! If you were only missing, say, a pair of omens and a holly, you're only paying 3 weeks of shards to get all of those, which is next to nothing.

Regarding the biome never running out of eggs:

- First and foremost, TJ has confirmed that the amount of eggs produced relates to how many users are in the biomes. That means supply will increase to meet demand, and we might have near-continuous biome flow without even asking for it.

- If people still want to ask for continual drops (or perhaps, just for TJ to tweak how many eggs are created for how many users are active, which does nearly the same thing by using already-existing mechanics), I ask that you please make another thread. This suggestion is fairly mild and just tweaks existing systems (raising an already existing Year 1 limit, adding yet another breed to the market), while a continual drop is a very specific new thing. Accordingly I don't want to derail this thread with it. Personally, I feel based on everything above that we're going to get that effect anyway, and even without it that's what the market is there for.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

2 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Generally I agree with these.

If I’m honest, I don’t see a problem with the holidays as they are right now. I don’t really care if the limits are raised to 4 or not, but I don’t agree with unlimited. There are a lot of people who can’t be as active as others on Christmas, and some who have nothing else to do but sit and snaffle as many of one breed as they want. Capping the breed at 2 (or 4, I don’t care) ensures that people don’t get too greedy. A lot of other suggestions have been turned down because of this exact reasoning, and I think it fits here: “Share the love”! For such limited breeds, it’s be unfair for people to gobble up as many as they like and leave others with none. :rolleyes:

Bonus: I’m just gonna add that I think it’s nice to see these dragons as “special limited edition”. They’re only available at a certain time every year so you can’t get too many. Halloween is different because it’s all about taking as many goodies as you want, but Christmas and Valentines are limited time only so don’t take too many to leave some for everyone else!

I'm pretty much with grey. 4 would be nice, but I really don't want unlimited, and I certainly don't want anything that is market on!y

7 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Wouldn't adding holidays to the market fix all of your worries? [...] Can't get it? It's available right there in the market, cheap, no-stress.

While I think adding them to the market is a good idea... The quoted way of putting it always sounds to me that the people with fast internet (/ too much time on their hands) should have the biome eggs for themselves and others just need to spend their shards if they want the same stuff.

Yes, the market is an option to get rare eggs which you can't catch yourself or have trouble trading for - but - I don't see why people who simply want more than they already have should be favoured.

Raising the limit (or even removing it completely) should not be at the cost of those that actually still have <2 eggs and telling those people to spend their shards (which they probably have fewer of than very active / older users) when they could catch the eggs in our current system with less competition is a big f- you.

PS: No hard feelings, I'm just trying to describe how it sounds to me (and maybe others who don't want to express their opinion openly).

@Soulsborne the reality is that, in this game, yes--stuff is going to go to the fastest/those with the most time on their hands. This suggestion isn't spitting on people with crappy internet, it's acknowledging that while also, yes, letting those who are more active on the game have what they like, too. Though I'm going to spin this around on you for a moment--if people play the game less and thus have less shards, why should more active players be penalized and not be able to get the stuff they want in favor of those who play the game less? THAT BEING SAID, this suggestion is structured to help slow players via the first year limits and, yes, cheap market prices. 

This suggestion starts off with a limit. Everyone who's there should be able to get 4 eggs easily. After that--yes, you hunt or you buy. But how hard IS hunting? You had issue catching Omens the year after they were released. Was everything else easy to catch? Were Witchlights, just a year older, easier to catch? If you were able to catch everything but Omens, and if Omens had been cheaply available in the market, wouldn't that have been pretty win/win? You get mostly everything you want by catching, anything too tricky only costs a few shards, and people get as much of things as they like without forced limits.

Umm, sorry if I'm not flowing well, I didn't sleep very good last night due to dogsitting. tl;dr I think the suggestion as proposed would make it very easy and affordable for EVERYONE to get things. Even if a small group of people have a LITTLE more trouble, I don't think that's a good reason to keep EVERYONE at a forced limit. Imagine hypothetically limits are raised this Xmas. I imagine it would go like this: Hollies and Garlands are hard to get. Everything else is super easy to catch, since most users are already satisfied with what they got during the first year release with limits and since the biomes are now moving faster to expose more desirable eggs. The fastest users manage to catch every Xmas. The slower users catch every Xmas but Holly/Garland. They spend a month of shards to get 2 Hollies + 2 Garlands. This is a relatively minor setback. Meanwhile, to those who want more CBs so they can do more lineage building and gifting, the lifting of limits is an IMMENSELY POSITIVE thing.

30 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

While I think adding them to the market is a good idea... The quoted way of putting it always sounds to me that the people with fast internet (/ too much time on their hands) should have the biome eggs for themselves and others just need to spend their shards if they want the same stuff.

Yes, the market is an option to get rare eggs which you can't catch yourself or have trouble trading for - but - I don't see why people who simply want more than they already have should be favoured.

Raising the limit (or even removing it completely) should not be at the cost of those that actually still have <2 eggs and telling those people to spend their shards (which they probably have fewer of than very active / older users) when they could catch the eggs in our current system with less competition is a big f- you.

PS: No hard feelings, I'm just trying to describe how it sounds to me (and maybe others who don't want to express their opinion openly).

I've seen countless, countless posts talking about things like this and I want to throw my thoughts out there about these topics:

I feel like lots of people are excessively terrified of a tiny amount of users monopolizing the biome and leaving the majority with nothing but dust and cobwebs. I highly doubt it would be like that, especially with the information ADP has brought to light where the biome refills eggs based on how many users are in the biomes. Sure, that might need to be tweaked to account for no-limits, but overall I feel it would be just fine.

People treat this as a very strict, black and white situation, expecting one of the two to happen:

a) I catch all my CBs from the biome with superb ease, every egg I click I get

b) I fail to catch anything ever and have to spend all my shards on everything I need

Neither of those is going to be the case for anyone. You have to take into account things such as trophy limits, CBs being dropped into the AP (happens frequently during Halloween), and a whole week to catch CBs. And yes, even taking into account those three factors, you may have to buy some eggs from the market. But I firmly believe the majority will be able to get almost everything they need from the cave; yes, you may have to buy that next Arcana you want, but you most likely won't need to buy the Cavern Lurkers, Shadow Walkers, Desipis, Witchlights, and Caligenes you want.

Edited by KrazyKarp

I've been thinking about this in the past few weeks and as a newbie, I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with most of this suggestion. The only thing I might not fully agree with is that the newest breed would need some kind of a limit on its first year - looking back to Halloween, I wouldn't say it was hard at all to pick up the new releases with them coming from all 6 biomes and even floating through the AP after the event. Perhaps it was harder on previous years though, I wouldn't know, so I'm not really here to argue that. My main point was to bring a bit of a newbie perspective into this conversation.

The thing with the current limit system, based on what I've seen so far, is that it does not really support new players interested in lineages at all. Sure, you can grab your 2 CBs of each breed and wait until next year to build your own custom lineages, but isn't that a bit of a long wait for something like that? Everyone else can breed pretty holiday checkers of their own design left and right, while you're essentially locked out of the entire activity until your second year unless you can find people willing to gift away their limited CB breedings or manage to make deals trading 2G holidays for holiday kin which you can breed after the event. Now I'm not saying that these things do not happen, as a matter of fact I know it to be quite the opposite since I've been able to find both types of kind people. (You know who you are - I'm really thankful to you guys.) Regardless, I wouldn't consider relying on others' goodwill as reliable a method for getting 2G dragons as it was during Halloween when people could gift away a whole bunch of 2Gs thanks to the unlimited CBs they had access to.

The way I see it, with this current system in place, you're essentially supposed to just AP hunt for hours with an extremely slim chance of getting a 2G or a 3G you can use for a lineage that you actually wanted. That is, unless you are comfortable with sending various offers via PMs and maybe have an exceptionally rare trading resource like a CB Prize to back you up when necessary. I do, but I think it's safe to say that my situation is not the standard for most new players. I'd imagine that without a Prize you're forced rely entirely on others sacrificing their CB breedings for you, possibly simply accepting that you're locked out of making your own custom lineages and giving up, at least until next year. Your only option for getting 2G dragons would be spending massive amounts of time hunting the AP to try and pick up anything decent looking you can use. That to me sounds pretty sad in a game that is as lineage-centered as Dragon Cave. It also raises the question of whether or not the stress these kinds of new players go through, due to hours of highly competitive AP hunting, is completely irrelevant to some people, when they are so focused on giving more room to new players with the CBs some of them might not even want that badly.

I do not see how allowing new players to only fight each other to grab the CBs is somehow exceptionally 'sharing the love'. The way I see it, there was much more love and sharing going on with the Halloween event, when people could pick up unlimited CBs, potentially share them with those that were missing a specific type, toss them in the AP for people to pick up later, easily gift 2G dragons to those that needed them etc. As a new player, you don't even necessarily need 2 of each currently limited CB on your first year to have a great start, with the sole exception of Aegises, so having the holiday biome reserved just for us new players seems like a total waste. Why do we need to be babied to such a degree in the first place? I'm sure I'm not the only newbie who got a pretty decent grasp of biome hunting in just my first month of playing the game. This suggestion would even come with the market as an optional solution to those who do not have the internet/time to hunt holiday dragons - not to mention it would be much easier for them to find people willing to help them with catching or breeding for free if the limits were lifted.

Tl;dr: I fully support this suggestion as a new player. I agree that it would likely be necessary to tweak the amount of eggs generated to better accommodate players with bad internet, but I don't see how that'd be a huge problem. The current system that locks older players into just having a couple of CBs is potentially harmful to any new players interested in building their own lineages as having limited resources doesn't exactly inspire older players to be giving with breeding their CB dragons for others. The halloween event with its unlimited CBs seems to have been on a much more giving basis than these two other events that are actually supposed to be about giving. The way I see it, the forced on limits can actually do more harm than good to certain types of new players. When it comes to the details of how this suggested change would most likely affect the playerbase in reality, I completely agree with @angelicdragonpuppy and @KrazyKarp

Ps. I would like the players who support raising the limits, but not removing them to elaborate a little bit more on the reasons why having these no limits would be such an extremely bad thing compared to just a higher limit. Right now it just looks to me like a very careful compromise suggestion from people who are afraid of change with the comments of type "This is good and this is bad in my opinion. That's all.". I'm sorry, but I personally cannot really see the issue your way at all without more elaborate explanations.

Edited by Nagapie

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@Sazandora @Soulsborne @RealWilliamShakespeare

Wouldn't adding holidays to the market fix all of your worries? This is a very tiered system to prevent stress. A Year 1 limit of 4 means a bunch of people are already going to be content, reducing demand the next year. Year 2, the biomes are now moving quicker, so you have better odds of whatever you want popping up. Can't get it? It's available right there in the market, cheap, no-stress. Even if by some craziness you couldn't catch ANYTHING in the holiday biome, it takes less than 3 months of shards to  buy 1 of every Christmas dragon there is. Less than the cost of a single Copper. Yes, it would bump you back a few months if you're saving for, say, a Gold--but that's exactly what the market IS; a failsafe where you might have to wait a while, but at least you'll get everything, if you can't catch it in cave. And again, that's assuming you can't catch ANYTHING! If you were only missing, say, a pair of omens and a holly, you're only paying 3 weeks of shards to get all of those, which is next to nothing.

Sorry to be the worst, but nope. Not in the slightest. I hate the concept of the market and want nothing to do with it. No matter what they add in there, I wouldn't ever buy anything from it x) If there was ever a market-exclusive breed..... Boy would I be narked.

This isn't to say that they shouldn't be added in there, I'm sure it'd help people out. I don't care enough about the market to ever say what should be put in there or not, EXCEPT for market-exclusives. That's a huge no, like Fuzz said. But if Holidays are added to the market, I still don't think that should affect the limits. You can buy them if you don't want the stress of catching them, but I don't advocate for that being an unlimited ability.

@Nagapie I commented my reasons before, but I don't think there should be a lift on the limit because people [*cough*multiscrollers*cough*] could happily eat up as many of the more-desired Holidays that they like, if they have enough time on their hands to do so. Some people over the holiday period might only get a couple of hours to be on DC, and if those highly-desired dragons are getting eaten up endlessly by the experienced players, it's pretty unfair on others. People with slower bandwidths as well, could struggle to get the dragons they need because if we didn't have caps, they'd get stolen even quicker because people can get as many as they want.

If you want to call that a worst-case scenario, so be it, but it's highly probable.

@RealWilliamShakespeare if you don't want to use a market that was put into place to help people with slower connections, than that's on you. You're free to do as you please, but I don't think your refusal to use an existing feature is a good reason to ban the rest of the userbase from having higher limits on Xmases and Valentines. 

Your multiscroller argument also falls flat. What's to stop cheaters right now from catching extra valuable CBs so they can get all the 2gs and lineages they want? They actually have MORE of an advantage over non-cheaters right now than they would without limits, because they're the only ones with any way of making lineages without outside help. And slow players--again, if you're choosing to willfully disadvantage yourself by not using the market, that is your choice to do so. There IS an option for people who can't get the last few holiday dragons they need to pick them up painlessly from the market.

And again, most of this discussion is catering to EXTREMES, which I don't think will happen. It's as simple as this: does DC Halloween work pretty well, overall? If it does, then the other two aren't going to be that much different. Valentines, in particular, is probably less popular/hectic than Halloween. I think just throwing everything to the wind like Halloween would work fine, but in acknowledging that yes, Xmas can be a more stressful time of year, two ways to make it easier (initial limits + market availability) have been proposed.

Edit: A worse-case scenario is really not highly probable... again, Halloween, for most people, was a pretty awesome and pain-free affair. The few issues people did have (not being able to easily catch CBs of newer things like Omens) would be greatly soothed with their addition to the market. But OVERALL Halloween is fairly successful and easy for all, and again that's with NONE of the added measures proposed here.

32 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I commented my reasons before, but I don't think there should be a lift on the limit because people [*cough*multiscrollers*cough*] could happily eat up as many of the more-desired Holidays that they like, if they have enough time on their hands to do so. Some people over the holiday period might only get a couple of hours to be on DC, and if those highly-desired dragons are getting eaten up endlessly by the experienced players, it's pretty unfair on others.

I tend to discard multi-scroller and scripter arguments when it comes to these types of things. The belief that they're a huge threat simply comes from people being afraid. As in, we don't have any actual data and not nearly enough anecdotal evidence to consider them a big enough problem that we should be concerned about. Versus viewbombing where, despite no data, there's enough anecdotal evidence to suggest they are a problem to be concerned about (though sometimes even VBers are a tad bit exaggerated in terms of threat)

Other than that, ADP said pretty much everything I would've said so I'll leave this post at that.

I probably hardly need to say it, but I'd love for this to happen. Halloween works 100% fine, don't see why we can't have no limits with all holidays, and the market prevents people with little time from being left out.

Odd man out here, but I like things the way they are. It would be nice to have the limit raised to 4 each of Christmas and Valentines, but it would be a scramble to get up to those limits. The two CB holidays are special to me in a different way than the unlimited Halloweens. Because I've reached my limits, I'm just breeding a couple eggs for freezing and then relaxing this week.

30 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Odd man out here, but I like things the way they are. It would be nice to have the limit raised to 4 each of Christmas and Valentines, but it would be a scramble to get up to those limits. The two CB holidays are special to me in a different way than the unlimited Halloweens. Because I've reached my limits, I'm just breeding a couple eggs for freezing and then relaxing this week.

Nothing is stopping you from setting a personal limit of 2 or 4 CB, if we had no limit. It could still be every bit as relaxing as it is now. Go for 2 each and you're done! 

I think that if limits were arranged such as described in the OP of this post, catching things wouldn't be that much harder than it is now. After all, eventually you catch up and every new dragon will have the limit in place for a year to make sure everyone gets their share. 

This year I had to get CBs of every Halloween dragon (maybe minus 1 breed, not sure) I got 2 of each breed and extras of my favourite breeds, easily. 

Also, multiscrollers is not really an argument, in my opinion. Nothing stops rulebreakers so we don't have to keep them in mind. They can already multiscroll now and bypass the limit (which we can't! So it's even less even of a playing field) 

I agree that people are thinking too black and white in regards of it being so hard to catch with no limits. Don't forget that every scroll has a hard limit coded and an egg takes 2 full days to hatch. 

I'm all for this suggestion. I love how Halloween works and I really wish Valentines and Christmas worked the same way. 

In my mind, what is the purpose of that special Holiday biome if you are dealing with a 2-limit dragon? Just now I got a CB Ribbon Dancer, but there are others I would not mind having, just because. But I can't because of that limit. It stinks.

6 hours ago, Tetelestai said:

I really don't see this type of a message as a proper argument. If the the amount of dragons was unlimited or even if we had a 4 dragon limit you could freely choose how many CBs you'd want to go for. It wouldn't make it any more stressful unless you chose to make it stressful for yourself. Other people should not be penalized for you not setting a reasonable yearly goal for yourself. I had absolutely no CB Halloweens this year, but instead of complaining about how I'm sad I couldn't get the armies of Halloween dragons some people have from years of playing the game I simply prioritized the CBs I wanted or needed the most and accepted the fact I might not get two of each CB in one go with my plan, seeing as I also wanted to start some lineages. In the end I did end up getting 2 of each CB anyway because of the unlimited system and the CB eggs that appeared in the AP after the event. Doesn't change the fact that my original plan would have still included leaving CBs of certain breeds completely off my scroll for the first year if I couldn't fit them in my schedule.

When there are no limits everyone can customize the situation to fit their time and needs. The optimal event plan is detached from any plastic limits and completely up to you. Heck, even with a limit of 2 it is. I'm not planning to get 2 of each holiday this year because I'm in a similar situation as during Halloween and want to start some lineages through trading as well. Yet with the logic of these kinds of people I'll bet I should be saying that no one else should be able to get 2 CBs either just because I don't want them to - stresses me out too much because I personally like to focus on lineages. That would be ridiculously selfish, but that's essentially what I see here with these breed limit of 4 supporters.

1 hour ago, Nagapie said:

I really don't see this type of a message as a proper argument. If the the amount of dragons was unlimited or even if we had a 4 dragon limit you could freely choose how many CBs you'd want to go for. It wouldn't make it any more stressful unless you chose to make it stressful for yourself. Other people should not be penalized for you not setting a reasonable yearly goal for yourself. I had absolutely no CB Halloweens this year, but instead of complaining about how I'm sad I couldn't get the armies of Halloween dragons some people have from years of playing the game I simply prioritized the CBs I wanted or needed the most and accepted the fact I might not get two of each CB in one go with my plan, seeing as I also wanted to start some lineages. In the end I did end up getting 2 of each CB anyway because of the unlimited system and the CB eggs that appeared in the AP after the event. Doesn't change the fact that my original plan would have still included leaving CBs of certain breeds completely off my scroll for the first year if I couldn't fit them in my schedule.

When there are no limits everyone can customize the situation to fit their time and needs. The optimal event plan is detached from any plastic limits and completely up to you. Heck, even with a limit of 2 it is. I'm not planning to get 2 of each holiday this year because I'm in a similar situation as during Halloween and want to start some lineages through trading as well. Yet with the logic of these kinds of people I'll bet I should be saying that no one else should be able to get 2 CBs either just because I don't want them to - stresses me out too much because I personally like to focus on lineages. That would be ridiculously selfish, but that's essentially what I see here with these breed limit of 4 supporters.

Not meant to be a proper argument, just my opinion. Was never into debate. *shrugs*

7 hours ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

In my mind, what is the purpose of that special Holiday biome if you are dealing with a 2-limit dragon? Just now I got a CB Ribbon Dancer, but there are others I would not mind having, just because. But I can't because of that limit. It stinks.

The use of it is to allow for newer players - and others who missed out earlier- to catch the breeds they missed. There will always be new players who need it.

42 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The use of it is to allow for newer players - and others who missed out earlier- to catch the breeds they missed. There will always be new players who need it.

While I understand that the intention is good, as a new player I still think having the forum atmosphere be as giving as on Halloween would be the better option. This handicap-focused way of looking at it essentially sends the message that new players are believed to be completely incapable of surviving a competitive holiday situation in the biome, while I for one do not see that being true for most newbies who put in at least a little bit of time to learn and play the game in the first place. The catching mechanic is really not rocket science and I struggle to believe that it'd take years or even months to learn to perform catching well enough to compete. I joined about two and a half months before the Halloween event and never once felt like I was being stomped on, despite the fact that I had way less experience with egg catching than these seemingly demonized more experienced players, who would supposedly snatch all the CBs if given the chance. Sure, I do not represent every new player, but I still think that considering the simplicity of the catching related mechanics, it is silly to assume that a majority of people would need so much time to learn them.

I find this kind of a limit system more patronizing than anything. It makes two assumptions - that all new players want the 2 CBs on their first year and that a substantial amount of first year players are completely incapable of competing for eggs. I'm honestly a little worried about the admin being so focused on the statistics with this particular matter, since if the stats are looked at only from the perspective of how many CBs new players caught during their first event you don't necessarily get results that match the key question - did most new players get what they actually wanted out of the event?

Edited by Nagapie

14 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@RealWilliamShakespeare if you don't want to use a market that was put into place to help people with slower connections, than that's on you. You're free to do as you please, but I don't think your refusal to use an existing feature is a good reason to ban the rest of the userbase from having higher limits on Xmases and Valentines. 

Your multiscroller argument also falls flat. What's to stop cheaters right now from catching extra valuable CBs so they can get all the 2gs and lineages they want? They actually have MORE of an advantage over non-cheaters right now than they would without limits, because they're the only ones with any way of making lineages without outside help. And slow players--again, if you're choosing to willfully disadvantage yourself by not using the market, that is your choice to do so. There IS an option for people who can't get the last few holiday dragons they need to pick them up painlessly from the market.

And again, most of this discussion is catering to EXTREMES, which I don't think will happen. It's as simple as this: does DC Halloween work pretty well, overall? If it does, then the other two aren't going to be that much different. Valentines, in particular, is probably less popular/hectic than Halloween. I think just throwing everything to the wind like Halloween would work fine, but in acknowledging that yes, Xmas can be a more stressful time of year, two ways to make it easier (initial limits + market availability) have been proposed.

Edit: A worse-case scenario is really not highly probable... again, Halloween, for most people, was a pretty awesome and pain-free affair. The few issues people did have (not being able to easily catch CBs of newer things like Omens) would be greatly soothed with their addition to the market. But OVERALL Halloween is fairly successful and easy for all, and again that's with NONE of the added measures proposed here.

Exactly. If I didn't make my bf to play DC some time ago, and had a different playstyle and goals than I have, I'd be riddiculusly tempted to multiscroll if I needed any more of lineaged holidays from CBs... exactly because if I multisrolled I'd have access to more CB holidays than I possibly could with just my own scroll where max 2 can go, while also never risking sb will kill one of the parents of my dragon (which already happened with my former Avatar a few years ago... and I was tempted to multiscroll to get them and be safe from this kind of trolling... ofc would require some workk to be even able to summon a GoN there and catch the mates I'd prefer, but hey, extra eggslots, I'd manage...) - Breed limits DO encourage multiscrolling, and definitely doesn't discourage it in any possible way. Good I don't really need to multiscroll, so I at least don't feel so unfair abotu miltiscrollers myself, but ye, it IS unfair to all honest players tempted by multiscrolling but resisting, while not having a friend to aid them or a CB Prize to offer from. PS. the unavailabilit of CB prizes also encourages multiscrolling - because mroe scrolls=more chances to win at a time... because to most of people, owning a CB prize is about breeding and trading 2Gs, it's not a problem CB prize eggs cannot be transfered between scrolls, benefits are the same (well, unless, like me, you'd simply like CB pairs of them for the sake of it-goals-, not for trading - there's not much I'd like to get form other players by now, so multiscrolling woudl not benefit me - but doign it would currently benefit everyone with hoarding playstyles, which is the majority of DC actually. and not because of additional eggslots... but because of limited breeds most of all) - in short, limited breeds=multiscroling is super tempting and worth it:/

Also, the difference between winter and valentines from halloween is that on Halloween you only have ONE day to catch the CBs, yet the generosity is huge! Imagine limits were lifted on the other 2 holidays, that's 3-dayfulls of the drop and generosity opportunities! Also, take into account that in those 2 holiday drop days, the biomes mostly  stop moving on day 2 and 3.

If halloween works so neatly, the other two will work triple times as neatly.

Also, if you think only forum users can be gifted things... then you've never seen the tradign hub... I do see "free, just offer a dummy" offers in the in-game Hub!

PS, you're stuck with max 8 eggs at a time anyway... and there are 11(!) breeds right now! 

And yes, the Holiday biome spawns way too few eggs, at least 10 times too few. This is the only reason the Holiday biome is not stuck yet.

I actually have an idea to help the Holiday biome a tiny bit by ourselves - if it really takes into accout thow many players are there "hunting" and the more players - the more eggs spawn, then let's do this:
Even if you are locked or just don't hunt at the moment for whatever reason, let's all just sit in the holiday biome to make it spawn more eggs for those who actually hunt - so it takes a bit more to empty than a few seconds. More eggs=more people at their limits=more need to lift the limits(would ebcome undeniable anymore)

Edited by VixenDra

Slightly off-topic, but I just thought of another thing on the subject of people being worried about newbies catching eggs. Perhaps instead of the biomes just giving the unhelpful " You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found." message when out of eggs, a line could be added to further clarify when you can expect to see more eggs. For example: "You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found. Perhaps you'll have better luck checking back in x minutes." This would allow new players who are not familiar with the reset times to figure out the time they should be stalking for eggs instead of just being left in the dark about the entire thing. Right now, I'd consider this one of the major issues that might hinder the new players' ability to catch eggs, especially if they're not familiar enough with general game mechanics to realize that there is a reset pattern and google it. I myself realized it quickly being a game programming student, but for a more casual player the mechanic might not be as obvious. Naturally, teaching new players the most optimal egg hunting time in a more reliable way, rather than just expecting them to google it, would result in more new players learning the mechanics and utilizing that knowledge to hunt more efficiently. I don't see how this could be considered immersion-breaking in any way either, since the hint could be written in an immersive way. It would simply provide some clarification to how the biomes work.

Thought I'd say this here since I wanted to point out that there are other less forceful ways to help newbies catch eggs.

Edited by Nagapie

Well, I got ALL my CBs last year and the biome is of no use to me ever since, no matter if I wanted to catch more CB holidays or not...

Well I definiely would like more Aegises for a start, with rest I'd see. but I guess I'd go for 4 each, but 8 Aegises - 4 blue and 4 brown. I usually have 4-10 CBs per breed sooner or later... I'm not a horader but 2 per breed is definitely too few to me, like you can do hardly anything with just 2 CBs.. 3gen is not worth to bother for a checker, it hardly shows the lineage pattern yet. And I don't trust other users in not killing a dragon in my lingeage at some point, and with holidays that's years of breding wasted even for a mere 4g

if it wasn't for the limits, I'd be spending all my free time catching things for others.  I mean, I might get an extra of the breeds I have a frozen CB.  But I've got all the ones I need.  and maybe, maybe I'd eventually try for a few more cbs to redo this without inbreeding: https://dragcave.net/lineage/WfG5K but I don't actually need to do that.  But I miss gifting.  It's CHRISTMAS and I can't gift people things they desperately need/want because I have the time to catch those things.  Please?