angelicdragonpuppy

Unlimited CB Xmas/Valentines - done in a BALANCED way

3 hours ago, VixenDra said:

Even if you are locked or just don't hunt at the moment for whatever reason, let's all just sit in the holiday biome to make it spawn more eggs for those who actually hunt - so it takes a bit more to empty than a few seconds.

Does that actually work? If we open a window in the holiday biome and just leave it open all day, that counts as hunting there for the purposes of increasing egg spawns?

If so, you should suggest that as a community project in Site Discussion. It's like the only way we have available to us to do something nice for new players at this point (since we can't gift CBs to them ourselves.)

3 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Does that actually work? If we open a window in the holiday biome and just leave it open all day, that counts as hunting there for the purposes of increasing egg spawns?

If so, you should suggest that as a community project in Site Discussion. It's like the only way we have available to us to do something nice for new players at this point (since we can't gift CBs to them ourselves.)

Not sure, but supposedly more people in the biome = more eggs produced, so it should work.

I think you'd actually need to refresh the biome shortly before the full hour, otherwise it won't count you as present.

Ye, may need to refresh from time to time, and probably also when not doing anything else on DC. No idea how long you can idle tho.

In general I'm hearing(and seing) from my cousins and friend today that they hardly ever saw Garlands (damn, they just don't play this game when not visiting me)... and that the biome was often stuck with Winter Magis, Ribbon Dancers and sth I forgot, for most of the time the eggs were there. Friend still tries to get a Garland but never sees them. They are all missing like 2-4 CBs total right now, probably will be done with the Holiday biome this year though... (if they all remember to, that is xD). Kind of less and less people willl be able to pick up eggs from there, except for Halloween... At some point nearly only those who forgot and new players will be able to pick anything from it... Provided the biome spawns enough of eggs, that is.

Edited by VixenDra

Ok, cool. Got all my cbs last year.  so, I'ma set a refresh timer on the hoilday biome and go wrap presents.  Hopefully it will help others a little. Solid support for this suggestion, but this is all I can do in the meantime. cheers!

2 seconds to get the new release on 25th... tbh it's the events that are the main bother during holidays, including Halloween... not the egg catching, including Halloween... all we need is the biomes spawning suficient amounts of eggs (the Holiday biome certainly has way too low spawns), and with 3 days of mass drop, no limit is needed in even (or especially) in the first year. This year I've mostly seen 0 or 1 person per biome, rarely 2 and from time to time only one of the biomes had max 5 people in (guess those people mostly hunt codes, though even cool codes aren't picked up on day 3).

I see absolute 0 excuse to keep the limits and certainly 0 to keep them this riddiculusly low. All it needs to be still stress free is to ensure that the biomes spawn sufficient amounts of eggs, that's all.

Edited by VixenDra

11 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

2 seconds to get the new release on 25th... tbh it's the events that are the main bother during holidays, including Halloween... not the egg catching, including Halloween... all we need is the biomes spawning suficient amounts of eggs (the Holiday biome certainly has way too low spawns), and with 3 days of mass drop, no limit is needed in even (or especially) in the first year. This year I've mostly seen 0 or 1 person per biome, rarely 2 and from time to time only one of the biomes had max 5 people in (guess those people mostly hunt codes, though even cool codes aren't picked up on day 3).

I see absolute 0 excuse to keep the limits and certainly 0 to keep them this riddiculusly low. All it needs to be still stress free is to ensure that the biomes spawn sufficient amounts of eggs, that's all.

Though you have to keep in mind that no limits = one-day egg drop, judging from Halloween. Valentine's Day is barely a holiday so it'd be fine for that but Christmas is a whole other beast. There's no guarantee people will be able to grab eggs right on Christmas if it was a one-day drop. Though on the other hand, there's no point in one-day Halloween drops other than being limiting for the sake of being limiting (since 3 day drop = two sets of eggs caught from biomes as opposed to one set on one day). I can say I'm perfectly fine with what this thread is proposing with the 4-limit on new holidays then unlimited the next year, but with unlimiting new holidays then the amount of days the drop lasts for might need to be considered. It's just sort of vague because I'm not entirely sure why Halloween only gets a one-day drop other than what I suggested, which is limiting for the sake of limiting.

7 hours ago, VixenDra said:

2 seconds to get the new release on 25th... tbh it's the events that are the main bother during holidays, including Halloween... not the egg catching,

Nobody has to take part in events. They are totally NOT a stress issue. Log in for long enough to get the badge and you need do no more.

I am not OK with no limits, especially not for the year of issue. KrazyKarp is right - 

Christmas is a whole other beast. There's no guarantee people will be able to grab eggs right on Christmas if it was a one-day drop.

Loads of people I know have no chance to catch actually on 25th.

7 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

Though you have to keep in mind that no limits = one-day egg drop, judging from Halloween. Valentine's Day is barely a holiday so it'd be fine for that but Christmas is a whole other beast. There's no guarantee people will be able to grab eggs right on Christmas if it was a one-day drop. Though on the other hand, there's no point in one-day Halloween drops other than being limiting for the sake of being limiting (since 3 day drop = two sets of eggs caught from biomes as opposed to one set on one day). I can say I'm perfectly fine with what this thread is proposing with the 4-limit on new holidays then unlimited the next year, but with unlimiting new holidays then the amount of days the drop lasts for might need to be considered. It's just sort of vague because I'm not entirely sure why Halloween only gets a one-day drop other than what I suggested, which is limiting for the sake of limiting.

As if the 3-days drop couldn't stay anyways, at least for winter... for the sake of the nature of this holiday and the reason limits were introduced in the first place - to ensure people don't have issues grabbing them due to all the irl holiday fuss (not that the events, and their resutls getting saved and viewable forever but never editable later(like all the decorating related events), and progressing badges like e.g. this year's follow up to this noble assumption). Reducing the flood in any way (and with such a weak excuse) would be just wicked, regardless what's done with the limits. Changes to the better don't need the punishment part actually, regardless what TJ says at times just to make people shut down a suggestion.

Edited by VixenDra

Hardly a PUNISHMENT. Just a standard in-game limit. You may not like it, but it cannot be called punishment.

I really don't see what's so terrible about limits.

That's basically what I'm saying, I fail to see why both can't be a thing.

Moreover, I'd rather add 2 release days to Halloween, if things really had to be made uniform in some way (and mind you I only keep 2 CB halloweens myself because I don't need them - since they are normal (M&F) and I can make my frozens the regular way: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZYr6F which I just can't do with the other 2 holidays and if the limits get never raised I'll end up keeping max 1 CB each since I'm being forced to go this way: https://dragcave.net/lineage/b0TRP instead of the Chicken way(all 5 being CBs, whihc I really wish I can finally do instead) - I don't need more Halloweens myself, but I just fail to see why Valentines drop for 3 days but Halloweens for just 1 - I believe both events are on a similar level - valentines for couples and people who like to show affection to friends and family, halloween for children and people who like spooks, dressing up and such, neither is celebrated by everyone and both have their opponents, while in winter most of people celebrate the family time - even if in a fully secular way, why Valenitnes are limited? or winter holidays? for the gifting spirit? as the community has been pointing out AND showing in action, in practise it's the opposite and it's the halloween that is about gifting and generosity on DC, can be seen in CB gifting, generosity in breeding requests, WAY richer AP wall (so rich it lasted for a week after halloween, while the chrismas wall is already gone..., etc.). and we all know it's because halloweens are not limited, while the 'generosity" holidays are the opposite exactly  because of being needlessly limited, enough said... I really don't see why on Earth those limits are still a thing with the Holiday biome, unmoving biomes, and all the other circumstances already discussed)

Edited by VixenDra
dem typos

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Nobody has to take part in events. They are totally NOT a stress issue. Log in for long enough to get the badge and you need do no more.

I am not OK with no limits, especially not for the year of issue. KrazyKarp is right - 

Loads of people I know have no chance to catch actually on 25th.

but if we had no limits, many people, such as my self would catch extra to give away.  I do so every Halloween to give out to people that failed to catch them.  Christmas is supposed to be the giving holiday, so why are we forced to be greedy instead?  Because I can't catch for me AND gift I have to choose one or the other, and sorry, I want my dragons too.

People have been doing exactly that - the AP is crawling with CBs.

We can gift pretty bred ones. I still can't see the huge issue. They are very easy to catch, and there are three days to do it. At Halloween by contrast - there's only one day, so at that time, sure we have more to gift.

And I really don't see what's so terrible about the idea of no limits.

I agree that I would love unlimited + 3 day drop for all holidays. But I think it's wisest to stick with the suggestion of 4-limit on the first year and unlimited the next for now. I think it'd still be easy to catch eggs on an unlimited 3 day drop but people are already exaggerating how difficult it would be with a 4 limit the first year then unlimited the next year system, as seen throughout this thread, so we should just stick to that.

Edited by KrazyKarp

They aren’t “terrible,” persay, but they are a lot less fun than the alternative. Lineage making and gifting is much harder with a 2 CB limit, especially with things like Aegises. Those who, like me, froze 1 CB when we could only ever have two are still stuck in the limbo of only ever having 1 CB or tossing out a dragon we’ve treasured for years. Gifting still happens, but it’s much more scarce than during Halloween. The AP isn’t as full because the starting CB count is exponentially lower. People who have scroll goals of a certain amount of CBs can’t get more, even when they sit in the cave and AP for ten minutes straight, untouched...

The more freedom we have in the game, the merrier. I personally feel Halloween works just fine and that system would work for the other holidays, but in respect that Christmas at least is often a busier time of year, this suggestion aims to offer a very low stress way of both helping everyone get some and removing limits for all the reasons listed above, and then some.

Halloween has lots of nice people gifting CBs, but for many at Christmas it's just impossible, since they already have their two of each breed.

OK - how about if you try and pick one up from the holiday biome where you are over the limit - it goes automatically to the AP ?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OK - how about if you try and pick one up from the holiday biome where you are over the limit - it goes automatically to the AP ?

All that would do is create a wall of CBs that no one can pick up because of limits.

36 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

All that would do is create a wall of CBs that no one can pick up because of limits.

exactly.  I had a terrible time finding a non cb to freeze and I only needed ONE snow.  everything else I managed to breed/trade for.  having cbs in the ap when no one can pick them up is awful.

Yeah, kicking CBs to the AP without altering limits would do nothing but lock bred eggs behind nigh-untouchable CBs.

I don't see the issue with removing limits entirely and making all holidays 3-day, personally, but if this is how we get limits lifted I'm willing to have the first year with a less strict limit.

TBH I believe we should organise ourselves and actually lock the AP with CB holidays exactly to show TJ that the change is necessary and wanted (not only we would break the AP for a while, but also would show how riddiculusly easy it is to grab CBs that flood for 3 full days). Because nearly all of us are already CB-locked with past breeds (and the Holiday biome's spawn rate is set poorly and so much underdelivering there wouldn't be enough eggs to lock the AP - because so few are spawned, though the 2010-2013 breeds - or so - seem to lock the holiday biome, so we could try to use those), this would have to be about the new breed mostly - Valentine's release soon, good opportunity to try to show our point and break the AP for a few days.

Just keep in mind that would require quite a big chunk of the community actually doing the grab2-5h-abandon2-repeat until late 27th since everyone can contribute just 2 eggs per min 5h at best, and latecomers IS a thing and many of those will be picked up from the AP, we neeed to contribute enough to cover that (plus the people who will grab the lower time eggs from the AP rather than 7d from the biomes:<) AND lock the AP until the CB wall hits 0d0h... There also may be people who will do anything to unlock the AP... won't be easy to achieve the satisfactory AP lock, considering a few hundreds users are always online, and the forum is mainly a few dozens of the same people all over again... and someone would need to take care of the Discord part of the community too. Would be great to try this every December and February until the limits are lifted or rised to a sufficient amount...

For the greater good!

15 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

Fair point. But I don't think we should do things like fill the AP with CBs to "teach TJ a lesson". That's just childish. He reads suggestion threads. He knows this has been asked for. If he wants to do it he will. If he doesn't - it's his game to set the rules as he likes.

Edited by Fuzzbucket