TJ09

2018-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Awesome!

Finally managed to get my very first christmas holiday egg ever for this game! 

Edited by maskeradeplays

That Holly wall was amazing!!

I never thought the day would come that I'd be catching 2g Hollys, and actually tossing them back due to not liking the pairing or unnamed parents. Prior to last years Holiday biome I kept ANY Holly caught in the AP, no matter what. Of course, most years the caught from AP total was 0 anyway.

It feels so strange to be picky this year. And kind of wrong.  😂

Just now, White Fox said:

Did the Hollys get a makeover....??

You made me excited. No, not recently. A few years ago they got some tweaks, but they still remain one of my least favorite sprites on the site.

I think I'm the only one who really doesn't care for Hollies. I'm a Solstice hoarder myself.

16 hours ago, RandomBreeder said:

Cave 😢 I'm a cb fanatic ><

You're not alone. I have only one CB Holly and one CB Yulebuck left to catch to complete my set of Christmas CB's

6 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I have yet to see any of those Hollies seeing in the AP. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some pretty 2Gs...eventually... XD

I have sent you a couple PMs.

I bred a Yulebuck and Snow Angel together without realising that the unabandoned eggs from my first Yulebuck and Snow Angel pair were taking up three extra spaces. Welp, goodbye, whole year. :'D

I picked up 8 second gen Xmas eggs from the AP. Why won't it allow me to influence them?

Under my Pink  dragons I get the message "(Unavailable for breed)" under the Influence column for all 8 eggs.

3 minutes ago, jis99 said:

I picked up 8 second gen Xmas eggs from the AP. Why won't it allow me to influence them?

Under my Pink  dragons I get the message "(Unavailable for breed)" under the Influence column for all 8 eggs.

Because you can only influence 2G Hollys and Mistletoes. The rest have a gender preset. :)

3 minutes ago, jis99 said:

With the exception of bred hollies and mistletoes, holiday dragons are each one gender. For example the 2017 dragon was all female.

Wow, I wasn't here to see it, but a Holly wall.

A sign of the changing times here on DC.  I waited a few years to get my first Holly, and I didn't care if it was the most inbred thing on Dragon Cave.  It was a Holly!

*flops* I've managed to catch all the CBs I wanted, except for a Garland :'D Fingers crossed I'll get there! Haven't seen many though haha!

I went on the lookout for one because there was a trade asking for one, and then I saw two at once in the cave yesterday evening, but I was egglocked.  Grr.  Good luck!

8 hours ago, Tetelestai said:

Because you can only influence 2G Hollys and Mistletoes. The rest have a gender preset. :)

ignore this, worked it out, I can't see where to delete comment. so instead, happy catching everyone! I'm egg locked :(

Edited by Okarnill

14 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Now that is an impressive feat, congratulations!

Thanks! I think it was made slightly easier with so many people wanting CB's, so not everyone was in the AP!

21 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I was just coming to comment on that! I remember when Hollies were like the end-all-be-all, everyone scrambled for them in the AP and no matter what they were bred to everyone snatched them as fast as they could. Now I'm seeing them sit in the AP for minutes at a time! 

edit: I'm so stupid. I've been clicking/tossing Ribbon Dancers in the AP since breeding started, and I just realized I already have my scroll-goals for them. Now, do I toss the messy I found, because I should only be collecting breeds I don't have my goals for, or should I keep it because it's a messy? Hmmm.

which ones are you looking for, I can breed some rather messy ones. :)

Oh man that Holly wall is beautiful. 😭

I managed to get mostly caught up on the CB holidays I was missing! Now I only need one more Mistletoe, one more Snow, and both Garlands :D  Curse you, egg limits! *shakes a fist*

13 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

I bred a Yulebuck and Snow Angel together without realising that the unabandoned eggs from my first Yulebuck and Snow Angel pair were taking up three extra spaces. Welp, goodbye, whole year. :'D

I did the same thing with my Ribbon Dancer x Wrapping wings. Same thing. My own dumb fault for not knowing it worked that way

2 minutes ago, Coheart said:

I did the same thing with my Ribbon Dancer x Wrapping wings. Same thing. My own dumb fault for not knowing it worked that way

To be fairm I've been 'here' for years and I didn't remember that it works like that