TJ09

2018-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

1 hour ago, Okarnill said:

Struggling to work out, are all the holiday dragons mostly male if CB?

Depends on the Breed! :)

Snow angels, Ribbon Dancers and Garlands are all females.... Winter Magi, Snows and Aegises for INSTANCE are males!

Finally filled my scroll with Garland eggs.  Caught half of them on my mobile!

Halloween was the first time I'd had an internet-capable phone for a DC holiday. This morning I caught two wonderfully-messy holidays on my phone while waiting for my doctor appt (dr was an hour late!!). I don't know if mobile is just giving me 'good luck' or what, but I'm liking it!

Edited by HeatherMarie

Man, I remember my first holiday with dragon cave back in 2010... The Hollies were so rare that I saw a grand total of two in the AP in the duration of the entire event. Glad to see they've become so much more easily available since then.

16 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Halloween was the first time I'd had an internet-capable phone for a DC holiday. This morning I caught two wonderfully-messy holidays on my phone while waiting for my doctor appt (dr was an hour late!!). I don't know if mobile is just giving me 'good luck' or what, but I'm liking it!

I was very pleasantly surprised at how lucky I was using my mobile phone earlier too!

The only dragons I really notice while I was on my CB hunt for my last snow angel was the hollys and the ribbon dancers (because they too had holiday in their egg description.).

And now I'm just waiting for my eggs to hatch so I can go back into AP to look around. :D

8 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Man, I remember my first holiday with dragon cave back in 2010... The Hollies were so rare that I saw a grand total of two in the AP in the duration of the entire event. Glad to see they've become so much more easily available since then.

I was just coming to comment on that! I remember when Hollies were like the end-all-be-all, everyone scrambled for them in the AP and no matter what they were bred to everyone snatched them as fast as they could. Now I'm seeing them sit in the AP for minutes at a time! 

edit: I'm so stupid. I've been clicking/tossing Ribbon Dancers in the AP since breeding started, and I just realized I already have my scroll-goals for them. Now, do I toss the messy I found, because I should only be collecting breeds I don't have my goals for, or should I keep it because it's a messy? Hmmm.

Edited by HeatherMarie

20 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I was just coming to comment on that! I remember when Hollies were like the end-all-be-all, everyone scrambled for them in the AP and no matter what they were bred to everyone snatched them as fast as they could. Now I'm seeing them sit in the AP for minutes at a time!

Oh gosh yes, I remember this time. Hollies were nearly impossible, and I distinctly remember winning my first holly in a contest someone ran in the IRC - to guess their favorite pokemon for a holly.

I have yet to see any of those Hollies seeing in the AP. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some pretty 2Gs...eventually... XD

This boi was my first Holly. I was so happy when I caught him from the AP, my hands were literally shaking and I shouted out loud "I CAUGHT A HOLLY, I CAUGHT A HOLLY!" XD 

Happy Holidays! It's nice to see all the Holly eggs in the AP this year. Looking forward to the event!

Thank you to everyone working on the event!

I was gifted my first Holly years ago from an anonymous gifter (I still don't know who it was!) and I'm still so attached to it. In 2012 that was an incredible gift. :wub:

I caught CB Hollies and Garlands easily enough this year and I would love to help out others - but with the CB limit I'm not sure how? I'm afraid of not being able to re-catch any if I gift them. :unsure:

So I locked myself this morning, but out of curiosity, I went to the AP to see what eggs were showing up. And found a Holly Wall.

image.png.b562c8345acbd2e26c88ad72a9e27719.png

1 minute ago, Kaityn said:

So I locked myself this morning, but out of curiosity, I went to the AP to see what eggs were showing up. And found a Holly Wall.

Oh wow, that's gorgeous

5 hours ago, quinney said:

Finally filled my scroll with Garland eggs.  Caught half of them on my mobile!

Now that is an impressive feat, congratulations!

I just noticed the Holly wall! What a sight to behold!

1 minute ago, Kaini said:

Just saw the holly wall, wow!

Something we never could have even imagined just a few short years ago! XD 

Sadly most of them are imperfect lineages.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Something we never could have even imagined just a few short years ago! XD 

Sadly most of them are imperfect lineages.

Exactly! show that screenshot to me four, five years ago and I would have accused you of making it in paint X'D

What a beautiful Holly wall, I saved a screenshot the second I saw it. Of course this is difficult for me because they are my favorite holiday breed but I already have more then needed of them but *grabby-hands* waaaaant!

I just bred a 4th gen Golden Wyvern x Mistletoe egg, she's a very special dragon to me because if the stars align and I get her a mate after the event, my multi-year project is finally complete. And it's a real special one too -- take a look at the names on the father's side of the line! :wub:

42 minutes ago, Kaityn said:

I just took a screenshot of that, too! Never would I have imagined we would ever see that. XD