TJ09

2018-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

1 minute ago, Dubious said:

Has anyone seen any Garland eggs, I have been on many drops and not seen one yet.

What year are those?

10 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Has anyone seen any Garland eggs (This festive egg gives off comforting warmth), I have been on many drops and not seen one yet.

I'm quite sure I've seen a few of those but I wasn't paying them much attention (...was Holly hunting). It would make sense if they were kinda rare because most people should already have them from last year. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get them!

11 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I had the same dream last year... Literally the only thing I wanted from the re-release of CBs...  but it got brutally crushed because you can't influence CB Hollies:/

Sorry mate, our dream is impossible... All I can do is to wish us good luck with getting 2gens from the few HM females (which they probably will never even get bred to CB Holly males in the first place... next thing, they would cost both arm and legs, and also a head)

Nerys has a CB female Holly so it won't just be a dream for her ;)

9 minutes ago, Dubious said:

I've seen them. Only caught one, but I was focused on Hollys and Yulebucks.

2 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

There will be a few 2G PB about next year, well, hopefully, my click speed is dire today!

Someone did a list once of the other female CB holly owners, but I have no idea where it is... or if many of the people who had them are still actually active... I think from memory there were only 12 or so around??

Its nice, I keep finding Holly's in the AP with mine in the base line *proud pixel parent* moment lol

N

22 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Has anyone seen any Garland eggs (This festive egg gives off comforting warmth), I have been on many drops and not seen one yet.

I snagged one and missed two, I think they may be the rarer egg this year, I've seen lots of hollies.

Struggling to work out, are all the holiday dragons mostly male if CB?

Just now, Dubious said:

Thanks everyone! I just saw one, didn't get it but at least they are there.

Good luck. They seem rarer in the AP too. I'm now egg locked, and all these lovely eggs going through.... <shoulda got more reds>

2 minutes ago, nerys said:

There will be a few 2G PB about next year, well, hopefully, my click speed is dire today!

Someone did a list once of the other female CB holly owners, but I have no idea where it is... or if many of the people who had them are still actually active... I think from memory there were only 12 or so around??

Its nice, I keep finding Holly's in the AP with mine in the base line *proud pixel parent* moment lol

N

I have a female CB holly, but I don't really like PB lineages so my CB hollies don't get bred to each other, sorry. 

And before I get any PMs, my CB female holly has been bred for the year already and I'm not active enough on the forums/trading to do any advance planning... 

3 minutes ago, Okarnill said:

Struggling to work out, are all the holiday dragons mostly male if CB?

Quickly copied this picture from my "to grab" excel list... also, if we are following this pattern then this year's dragon should be female :D

image.png

Edited by Soulsborne
typo

3 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Quickly copied this picture from my "to grab" excel list... also, if we are following this pattern then this year's dragon should be female :D

image.png

You're an absolute star! Thank you <xmas hug>

1 minute ago, Okarnill said:

You're an absolute star! Thank you <xmas hug>

Nah, just a nerd :blush: But thanks for the hug!

I'm so happy for the holiday biome! I can finally catch the Snows and Garlands I need! :DD

29 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Wow, are there random CB female hollies or was it a glitch? <looks hopefully at eggs>

Just now, Okarnill said:

Wow, are there random CB female hollies or was it a glitch? <looks hopefully at eggs>

No, and they aren't available any longer. As far as I know, back when the raffles were only once a year the winners got CB Prizes... and then there were also "honourable mentions" that could choose another kind of dragon (e. g. Holly, discontinued - at that time - breeds like Frill / Aria, CB Hybrids) and those were influenceable even in case of a male only breed like Hollies.

(That's the short variant - you can also find a longer explanation in several threads here)

2 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

No, and they aren't available any longer. As far as I know, back when the raffles were only once a year the winners got CB Prizes... and then there were also "honourable mentions" that could choose another kind of dragon (e. g. Holly, discontinued - at that time - breeds like Frill / Aria, CB Hybrids) and those were influenceable even in case of a male only breed like Hollies.

(That's the short variant - you can also find a longer explanation in several threads here)

and this is what happens when you stop playing, you miss things like cave wide raffles :) thank you for the explanation. I'll stick to haunting the AP looking for one to influence, I have a team of pinks on standby lol. Wish I'd had the wit to get a team of reds too!

Edited by Okarnill

Poking into DC before doctor appt, I really should not have done that, now I'm obsessively refreshing the AP instead of getting ready! Man I love holidays on DC.

31 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

I thought we could influence the hollies to be female? And influence the mistletoe ones to be male? Was that discontinued?

1 minute ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

I thought we could influence the hollies to be female? And influence the mistletoe ones to be male? Was that discontinued?

Bred ones you can. CBs you can't.

I won my female CB Holly in 2010 via the Tree Decorating competition, much to my surprise!!

Every day you got to collect a set of decorations and play at decorating your tree, then at the end of the week, all the trees were submitted for voting on by the other members.  The top winners got the first of the Tinsels, and the 50 "runners up" or HM Honourable Mention, got to choose a dragon of their choice, including discontinued dragons, like the Frills back then, and things like CB Alt Vine/Black etc.  You also got to pick your own 4 digit code for the dragon you chose, hence mine's code is holi

added a pic of the tree I submitted below :)

N

Nerys tree.jpg

Oh nice to hear daily participation is not needed this year.

Looking forward to this years Holiday on DC.

1 hour ago, nerys said:

N

There are at least 22 CB female hollies. I don't know how many of them are still active.