TJ09

2018-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

8 minutes ago, RandomBreeder said:

Am I the only one that's still struggling for that one holly egg?

You referring to the AP or the Cave biome? I managed to snag one from the AP, but the cave itself? That's like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands.

22 minutes ago, Syiren said:

You referring to the AP or the Cave biome? I managed to snag one from the AP, but the cave itself? That's like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands.

Is that so? I felt even luckier that I managed to snag one just now! On mobile even!

37 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Cave 😢 I'm a cb fanatic ><

I just caught a CB Holly and tried to Influence it female. The dialog said it was unavailable. Not “Unavailable for Breed,” like the others, just unavailable. 

I tried Precognition on it and it said it would be male, but could be Influenced.

Perhaps there’s a glitch?

I am an idiot. I breed a Yulebuck with a Garland, having decided for over an hour before that I'd keep the Yulebuck. Y'all can guess what I did next 😐

22 minutes ago, Stormfriend said:

I just caught a CB Holly and tried to Influence it female. The dialog said it was unavailable. Not “Unavailable for Breed,” like the others, just unavailable. 

I tried Precognition on it and it said it would be male, but could be Influenced.

Guess the precog message is wrong? CB Hollies are supposed to be all male if I remember right...

27 minutes ago, Stormfriend said:

4 minutes ago, RandomBreeder said:

I am an idiot. I breed a Yulebuck with a Garland, having decided for over an hour before that I'd keep the Yulebuck. Y'all can guess what I did next 😐

Guess the precog message is wrong? CB Hollies are supposed to be all male if I remember right...

Yep. Any CB Holly you grab will gender male. Any bred ones can be influenced, though. :)

1 hour ago, RandomBreeder said:

Am I the only one that's still struggling for that one holly egg?

if you're still struggling I can try and grab one for you?

Guys, are we limited to two TOTAL per dragon or is it two CB but more of the bred ones? Sorry it's ages since I've played (have five years of holidays to catch up on!)

16 minutes ago, Okarnill said:

if you're still struggling I can try and grab one for you?

Guys, are we limited to two TOTAL per dragon or is it two CB but more of the bred ones? Sorry it's ages since I've played (have five years of holidays to catch up on!)

There's a limit of 2 CBs per breed. You can grab as many bred eggs of each breed as you want, though. :)

Just now, StormWizard212 said:

There's a limit of 2 CBs per breed. You can grab as many bred eggs of each breed as you want, though. :)

Thank you very much StormWizard :)

Remembering how much I love this game!

I know that they are now get able by anyone, but I have to take a moment to just savor having my very first CB Holly!!!! I have wanted one since 2008 sooo sooo bad for sooo long! Ten years I have wanted one and finally I got one!This new Holiday biome is brilliant!  🤩

2 minutes ago, Dubious said:

I know that they are now get able by anyone, but I have to take a moment to just savor having my very first CB Holly!!!! I have wanted one since 2008 sooo sooo bad for sooo long! Ten years I have wanted one and finally I got one!This new Holiday biome is brilliant!  🤩

Right with you on that one! I've just spent three hours since I got up aiming for two CB hollies, snagged the first one really quickly and just now got my second. Never thought I'd have that dragon! This has made my holiday :) Now I just need nice lineaged ones to influence female.... I could be here a while..

18 minutes ago, Okarnill said:

Now I just need nice lineaged ones to influence female.... I could be here a while..

I've been hunting this evening for Hollies with nice lineages, too, since I already have my CBs. Everything I've grabbed so far has been pretty messy, but I'm going to keep persevering! 

40 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

I've been hunting this evening for Hollies with nice lineages, too, since I already have my CBs. Everything I've grabbed so far has been pretty messy, but I'm going to keep persevering! 

Good luck! I've caught several including a nice Thuwed, but panic released when I realised I wasn't sure if I could then add cave eggs.... Ok, deep breath, we've got a week... and breathe!

12 minutes ago, almne said:

Woo-hoo I have two CB hollys now. 

*cuddles eggs*

Congrats, isnt' it a great feeling!

Right now we are in the Blue-Winged Solstice time frame, yes? :3

Also happy holiday hunting to everyone!!

I got all the CBs I needed last year, so this year I'll mostly focus on snagging lineaged Garlands. Maybe some Snows, Solstices and Aegides too.

Good luck to everyone camping the holiday biome, and happy holidays to all! :)

1 hour ago, Okarnill said:

Congrats, isnt' it a great feeling!

Yesssss! I also got 2 Yulebucks, 2 2016s, 1 2017, and 1 Mistletoe.

I kind of like the breed limits for CBs of this because I don't have to worry about becoming egglocked with something I don't need to complete my collection (side eyes the Cavern Lurkers). And I already have frozen hatchies for all the Holiday dragons except the last few years.

The Holiday biome spawns WAY too few eggs, like, a moment too late and you don't even SEE 1...

Same problem every single time... when TJ will realise he needs to multiply that amount by at least 10?

and 50 camping people is not even that much (there were over 150 at times)...

if he just wants to ensure people never all get their fill... just to excuse the limits never resetting (while they could easly reset annually, allowign 2CBs per year)..."because the biome doesn't lock"..-_- well, no, all this proves is that the biome spawns way too few eggs, nothing less, nothing more.

Edited by VixenDra

Yey for the new holiday biome, now all I have to do is snag just one little itty bitty holly, and next year I can do 2g PB Hollys!!

Although, I suspect getting any further with that particular PB line might prove difficult!!!

Happy hunting!

Nerys

I was really afraid that catching Hollys would be super hard after hearing about last year and experiencing the Halloween disaster with Omens myself [I couldn't grab any CBs for days and then received 2 as a gift] but somehow it was relatively easy to get my 2 for the limit.

It was about an hour (or 1.5 hours) after the start of the Christmas season and there were ~90-95 people in the biome which made me worried even more but I managed to grab 2 within a single 5 minute drop. :o My boyfriend tried about 4 hours later to get his 2 and it took him at least half an hour even though there were only ~40-45 people in the biome... I had the feeling while I was watching him that there were fewer eggs total per 5 minute drop than in the first 1-2 hours of the event. [but that wouldn't make much sense - so it's probably only what it felt like to me]

Anyway, good luck to everybody!

PS: I'm happy about the CBs but also kinda sad because I won't be able to AP hunt at all... need to grab all Christmas dragons since the very beginning :o

Has anyone seen any Garland eggs (This festive egg gives off comforting warmth), I have been on many drops and not seen one yet.

Edited by Dubious

14 minutes ago, nerys said:

Yey for the new holiday biome, now all I have to do is snag just one little itty bitty holly, and next year I can do 2g PB Hollys!!

Although, I suspect getting any further with that particular PB line might prove difficult!!!

Happy hunting!

Nerys

I had the same dream last year... Literally the only thing I wanted from the re-release of CBs...  but it got brutally crushed because you can't influence CB Hollies:/

Sorry mate, our dream is impossible... All I can do is to wish us good luck with getting 2gens from the few HM females (which they probably will never even get bred to CB Holly males in the first place... next thing, they would cost both arm and legs, and also a head)

Edited by VixenDra
typos yet again