TJ09

2018-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

5 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

If I have a Solstice Dragon that grows up before the breeding times stop, could it be used this breeding cycle? I'm thinking it's still a no, but I'm hopeful since it's not the new breed...

Nope. Any Holiday dragons they were bred this year will not be allowed to breed until after the holiday breeding season is over. 

Ohh, I'm sorry, I should have specified that it's from the Holiday cave, but still I assume the answer stands lol. Thank you for answering Syiren :)

@PaintdGryphon You're good. ^_^ And I would think it does count for CB's too, though Iv'e never tried it myself. 

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Heh, @purplehaze I caught a Snow x Solstice and remembered your signature- I caught a sibling to yours. So, not helpful, but sadly amusing.

XD Well, thanks for thinking of me.

My first holiday of the season grew up! (Finally!) So happy! *pets the Yulebuck* (And of course promptly locked myself again with a gift.)

I don't remember if this was mentioned when the Aegis first came out, but the stage2 hatchling looks like it's riding an invisible bicycle. Maybe I've just seen those 'invisible (blank)' memes too often.

4 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Maintenance? Thought that's supposed to be at 3 am..

That's what I was wondering. I was in the middle of breeding my messies too, for those who like to freeze messy hatchlings. 

ETA: It's back up and running. ^_^

Edited by Syiren

1 hour ago, Orchi'dea said:

I can't wait for tomorrow .u. Anyone else struggling with keeping two free egg spots? xD

Not keeping them open since I know that things will be open by sometime on the 25th.

Don't forget that the dragon will drop for three days, so you don't need to have egg slots available immediately! If there's something you want to grab now, I'd say just go for it and worry about the new dragon in a few days. :) 

So I managed to get a 2nd Gen Silver Tinsel x Solstice prizekin. Getting a mate for that is gonna be fun.

Love the pairing, and love Solstices in general, but yeahh.

3 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Hmm. My newest Xmas adults from this year show as available to breed.....

I saw someone mention that already. I wonder what happens if you breed them.

28 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

So I managed to get a 2nd Gen Silver Tinsel x Solstice prizekin. Getting a mate for that is gonna be fun.

Love the pairing, and love Solstices in general, but yeahh.

Nice problem  to have. :) Congratulations!

@Jazeki - is it a Garland? There is a thread in Help about that. Probably a glitch.

@Dragon_Arbock - if it's a glitch they may breed okay, but the offspring will probably poof when TJ corrects it.

Edited by purplehaze

Any one else unable to take ribbon dancers from cave holiday biome?

Holly smokes got two Holly eggs from biome back to back few seconds ago.

Edited by Mommy_Kitty
Bragging rights

8 hours ago, Syiren said:

That's what I was wondering. I was in the middle of breeding my messies too, for those who like to freeze messy hatchlings. 

ETA: It's back up and running. ^_^

Thank you for breeding your messies! So many people just don't, but I appreciate anyone who does! Hopefully I'll pick up some of yours.

@purplehaze That would be a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if someone new who doesn't know they can't breed hasn't already done so.. and since they can be traded, unlike the market glitch, it might affect other people.

(also thanks)

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

3 minutes ago, Mommy_Kitty said:

Any one else unable to take ribbon dancers from cave holiday biome?

Do you already have the CB limit of 2 per breed?

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Nice problem  to have. :) Congratulations!

@Jazeki - is it a Garland? There is a thread in Help about that. Probably a glitch.

@Dragon_Arbock - if it's a glitch they may breed okay, but the offspring will probably poof when TJ corrects it.

I had the same problem before one year. Bred them and holiday parent showed as deceased.

Edited by Jazeki

2 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@purplehaze That would be a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if someone new who doesn't know they can't breed hasn't already done so.. and since they can be traded, unlike the market glitch, it might affect other people.

(also thanks)

That would be sad. I just know it has happened before with other things that bred due to a glitch.

Obligatory psa: if you're using the trade hub, viewbombers are targeting it right now. Just had to take two fresh trades down.

ugh. I had a winter magi-turned-vampire that I wanted to hatch on Christmas day, but forgot to fog it... Someone decided to "help" and put it in an ER while I was out yesterday, it seems. :dry:

One of its grandparents was named Nosferatu and everything.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thank you for breeding your messies! So many people just don't, but I appreciate anyone who does! Hopefully I'll pick up some of yours.

oh yeah, I always try to breed all my Holiday dragons because I know many people have different ways to play. I love 2G's CB's and 3G checkers, but I know others don't care if they're messy or not, and others hunt them to freeze or to raise, and then there are new users who are trying to catch as many as they can, and hunt for Hollies and even if they get one and its messy, they're still happy. My first few Hollies are so messy, but I love them and will keep breeding them. I bred all of those about two days ago and got about 20-30 Holly eggs that were dropped into the AP, so happy hunting everyone! ;)

ETA: by the way guys, Arcana's look awesome with Winter Magi's! https://dragcave.net/lineage/gRZaI  :wub:

Edited by Syiren