TJ09

2018-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

40 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I've seen Snow and Garlands in the AP in roughly equal amounts, I think, but they both go fast and there don't seem to be many of either. I've picked up more Snows, I think, Garlands are always taken when I click on them.

I'm officially locked, 24 growing things, nothing will grow up for 24 hours yet. Goodness I hate scroll-lock. So frustrating. I can't help but wonder just what I'm missing in the AP while I'm locked.

That is so weird that Snows are about the same as Garland, you would think since they were two years ago it's will be a bit more of the Snows. Aha well.

Weird question. Do we not get shards for holiday breeding/eggs hatching/hatchlings maturing? I'm asking because my count seems to be stuck at the same number (an interestingly even number at that, 2650) Are holiday eggs exempt from earning shards?

I haven't checken in much with the AP yet. Haven't even bred all of my dragons aside from those I need for myself for lineage projects. ^^

7 hours ago, dragondoodle said:

Weird question. Do we not get shards for holiday breeding/eggs hatching/hatchlings maturing? I'm asking because my count seems to be stuck at the same number (an interestingly even number at that, 2650) Are holiday eggs exempt from earning shards?

I just got shards from breeding holiday eggs, and I've also gotten some shards before and I haven't done anything other than catching and hatching holiday eggs. Are you perhaps at your limit already? 

I can't check much since I'm 24-locked, but I did get shards when an egg hatched. 

I'm falling in love with the Yulebuck hatchlings all over again. They are just so *weird* looking! lol I've always thought their mouth looks more like a beak, they are definitely the strangest-looking holiday breed we have (well, to me they are). I want to freeze a bajillion hatchies! *squishes them!*

I'm looking forward to seeing the new holiday dragon!

I'm also having way too much fun with breeding some Christmas pairs. I'm egglocked again.

Being scroll-locked sucks 😢 There's just so many eggs I'd like to take in the AP! 

Oh well... I'll have 8 slots tomorrow morning at least!

I'm pretty excited to see the new breed too! All the Christmas dragons of the most recent years have been amazing, I'm sure this year won't fall short on that! :D

Hmm, I just realized that TJ's post says

It will drop for exactly three days (ending on December 27 at 23:59 EST); after this time it will no longer be available from the cave.

Am I reading too much into this, or is this a hint that the holiday biome won't appear next year? Does this really just mean 'won't be available next week or next month' or somesuch, and I'm totally overthinking things? I probably am. Just noticed that because I was checking to make sure they were dropping for 3 days, couldn't remember that.

Nooooooo! :(

So sad because I won't be able to breed all my dragons! I still have to breed my 2 Garlands and Winter Magis but the next 4 eggs hatch only AFTER the breedjng period is over, incubated or not. T_T 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Hmm, I just realized that TJ's post says

Am I reading too much into this, or is this a hint that the holiday biome won't appear next year? Does this really just mean 'won't be available next week or next month' or somesuch, and I'm totally overthinking things? I probably am. Just noticed that because I was checking to make sure they were dropping for 3 days, couldn't remember that.

He uses the same sentence in the Holiday Schedule news thread of 2017, so probably (hopefully) not?

*glances around*

Well, on the Halloween post about the schedule, he wrote that the new dragon will be gone until next year just like he wrote for the Omens.

So I think it's just how he writes the post.

I certainly hope the CB's come back next year. I have a friend that just started her scroll in time for the Halloween event and there's no way she can grab a CB of all the past Christmas dragons in time. I'm trying to help her, but It's not easy to catch her CB's when I already have my pairs completed.

3 hours ago, Cinspawn said:

I just got shards from breeding holiday eggs, and I've also gotten some shards before and I haven't done anything other than catching and hatching holiday eggs. Are you perhaps at your limit already? 

Nope. That's what brought it to my attention. I wasn't at my limit. *shrugs* Well, we'll see what happens when my next batch of eggs hatch, if the number stays the same I'll go to the proper discussion and see what's up.

I can't find anyone with both a holly and female bronze shimmer still to breed that wants anything I have. Which is sad because I really wanted to make that into a checker.

However, I have gotten a lot of nice dragons, so I can't complain.

And I'm scroll locked until tonight. Woo!

38 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

The hatchling lock. Holidays are the only time I ever hit that limit. All those low time eggs, but alas.

I KNOW! XD I am trying SO hard NOT to lock myself too much so that I have room for the new release eggs when they arrive.

Hard to resist.

6 more hours. Locked for 6 more hours. Trying to get my hatchies as many views as possible so maybe they will actually grow up on time for once. I've been going to be rather early lately, I hope I can stay up to get more eggs in 6 hours!

Nooo!! I finally got all the eggs and hatchlings I needed to freeze but I only have one freeze left! 😢 Guess I'll have to finish next year!

Is it possible to use "Enrage" on someone else's dragon? If so, can someone please enrage my current Aegis dragon while I still have dead eggs on my scroll?

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Biscuit19131 No, you can't do that to others' dragons.. and the eggs will be there for two weeks after death.

Alright, thank you. I'll see if there is anything I can do to try and enrage my dragons.

19 minutes ago, Biscuit19131 said:

Alright, thank you. I'll see if there is anything I can do to try and enrage my dragons.

I believe your egg died on Dec. 19, so the shell should be on your scroll until Jan 2 or so. Your Aegis will be grown up by then and you can enrage it.

If I have a Solstice Dragon that grows up before the breeding times stop, could it be used this breeding cycle? I'm thinking it's still a no, but I'm hopeful since it's not the new breed...