TJ09

2018-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

So the first Batch just hatched...but I'm locked again...got a few things from AP and a first real try to breed a lineage. never did this before XD

But good Thing is: I've got my CBs done :wub: Was so unlucky last year, missed all hollies and yulebucks for me.

2 hours ago, relaks said:

I'm all caught up on CB eggs! I'm itching to hunt the AP, but I'm totally egglocked until sunday 😢

At least next year I'll be able to concentrate on the AP :D

Heh, already thinking about next year. One of the things I love most about DC, depending on your goals it really is a long-term game.

I was overly-cautious and fogged all my eggs when I went to bed, which means I have 3 eggs that could've hatched while I was sleeping but didn't and now it seems like they are taking forever to get views. 

Yay, I finally got the last Garland I needed for my CB collection. There’s a few I might get out of the AP for frozen hatchies, but eh, that’s not a big deal to me. I can wait and breed my own next year if necessary.

Seeing everyone talking about getting all the ones they need, here I am needing 13 Mistletoes, 10 Aegis, 16 Snows, etc etc. Maybe I should lower my scroll-goals, just for holidays. (I only need 2 more Yulebucks though!!)

How lovely ! Currently trying to get a hold of a Snow Angel, but other than that, I’m happy with the ones I managed to catch. Excited to see the new dragon, and what it’ll bring us. Happy holidays, everyone ❄️ 

8 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

How lovely ! Currently trying to get a hold of a Snow Angel, but other than that, I’m happy with the ones I managed to catch. Excited to see the new dragon, and what it’ll bring us. Happy holidays, everyone ❄️ 

Good luck, I’ve seen several.

I've capped all my holidays I believe! Ignored Angel Wings so now I get to see what color I get this year! I'll be ready for the AP next year yus!

So..... Any speculation/wishes for what kind of event we'll have this year? I really liked the fire/ice teams from last year (and once I got the hang of those puzzles that part was fun too, lol). I'd really like something similar this year, some kind of puzzle-type game. I also wouldn't mind another decorating event like we did with the gingerbread houses and trees, we haven't had one of those in awhile.

I'm not a fan of the RPG Maker-minigame thingies we've had in the past, so I hope it's not one of those again. Some kind of puzzle game would be great, I absolutely adored Mana Alchemy and I'd give my everything to be able to play it again. :wub:

I think a decorating event would be fun.  For some reason, though, I got a vague idea that there was an issue with letting players have too much freedom, because there will inevitably be a few who build something obscene, but I can't name my source, so... *shrug*

Looking at a list of holiday dragons seems to indicate that recent ones are, on average, paler and bluer.  Will we get another light blue/white dragon, do you think, or something more bright and green, yellow, or red?  I think a deep blue, starry night sky kind of dragon would be cool, although arguably the Solstices already do the starry sky part.

I am locked right now, but just a heads up. I still have CB holidays to breed, and I've pretty much gotten all I've needed, so at this point I'll breed them on request.
This includes x2 Yulebucks, x1 tri color Snow Angel, x1 Wrapping Wing, x2 Mistletoes, and x2 Snows.

PM me to work out timings and pairings.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Oh not a decorating one please, I suck at those 🤣 Loved the tetris style game though!

My fav christmas event to this day is Snow Wars. Building your own fort was FUN! I'd love to do that again. 

*pokes eggs* I don't like being egglocked. I wants mah dragon babies to hatch. Must. Hunt. MOAR!

I liked the building and decorating ones, but I also found the mana game to be a lot of fun. I wish we could still play that.

Snow Wars! Yes, that was so much fun! I had so much fun just piling dragon and cat statues around my fort, lol. My final 'fort' was just a dragon surrounded by tons of kitties. Sums me up pretty well, lol.

16 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Snow Wars! Yes, that was so much fun! I had so much fun just piling dragon and cat statues around my fort, lol. My final 'fort' was just a dragon surrounded by tons of kitties. Sums me up pretty well, lol.

I experimented a lot with my fort and rebuilt it from scratch at least twice. Here was my final fort. https://dragcave.net/holidays13_fort/Syiren

Snow Fort was my favorite Xmas event too! Fun, interactive, and gave us creative freedom without being quite as mind-bogglingly open-ended as some of the other decoration events we had, haha (I never did get around to decorating the gingerbread houses, so every time I click on that badge I see a plain one with one tiny dragon cookie pasted off the side X'D)

The RPG-style ones were absolutely incredible, given they were entirely stitched together by volunteers, but due to the sheer and remarkable enormity of what was made, they were a bit glitchy and time-consuming to play, which is hard during a busier part of the year. It would be awesome if we ever got a Halloween-themed one, both because it's a freer time for many and because Halloween stuff IS AWESOME (let me decorate a Halloween spooky house and see all the characters dressed up, plz plz XD), but I'm not holding my breath. We were lucky to get one RPG event, much less two, much less THREE.

Ah, Valkemarian Tales. They were so artful and elaborate. It’s a shame they’re not available to replay year round. 

I never got why put all this effort into some things then make it inaccessible in the future.. just leave it up, unless it's really that detrimental to site performance.

On 12/20/2018 at 2:26 PM, Dragon_Arbock said:

Debating what day to breed all my checkers. Don't want to breed them so late that they all die in the AP, but want to give people a chance who are looking for specific things in the aid center.

Also very impatient to be unlocked. Wanna hunt the AP myself for pretty solstice/mistletoe/aegis/garland eggs.

I suggest breeding hollies and mistletoes now, so that they won't dip past 3 days in the AP and become unable to be influenced. the way Haloweens did The other breeds I'm going to breed on Christmas, because it won't matter if they go down to 2 days in the AP because it's impossible for them to misgender, so people can still be picking them up 5 days later no problem. 🙂