TJ09

2018-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Guys, i'm getting a bit confused, I know the holiday CB dragons come in set genders, I thought that if you got bred ones you could influence them (which I have for my holly) but the next ones I grabbed I can't, can anyone tell me which breeds are influenceable?

22 minutes ago, Okarnill said:

Guys, i'm getting a bit confused, I know the holiday CB dragons come in set genders, I thought that if you got bred ones you could influence them (which I have for my holly) but the next ones I grabbed I can't, can anyone tell me which breeds are influenceable?

Hollies are unique in that regard. All other Christmas breeds are a particular gender and therefore can't be influenced. CB Hollies are all males, but bred ones can be influenced based on your preference. 

40 minutes ago, Okarnill said:

Hollies and Mistletoe can be influenced if bred.  Because Mistletoe were designed to mimic the Holly pattern due to many people confusing the plants in real life.  CB Hollies are male as Stormwizard says above and Mistletoe are female.

Edited by DragonLady86

11 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

So..... Any speculation/wishes for what kind of event we'll have this year? 

My favorite still was the gingerbread house, I'm proud of my little cottage 😊

But I feel like I'm also in the minority who still even remembers the Holiday Tales in 2011. I thought it was a simple, and yet incredibly nice and cozy to have a short story to read everyday up until Christmas. The wreath decorating that came along with it was fine too, even though I wasn't entirely happy with how mine turned out. The RPG game is cool and all, but I'd love an event with cozy short tales again, no need to compete against each other.

Edited by Ripan

Are we going to see any more of Snowa 😍

Happy holidays everyone!!! <3

35 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Hollies and Mistletoe can be influenced if bred.  Because Mistletoe were designed to mimic the Holly pattern due to many people confusing the plants in real life.  CB Hollies are male as Stormwizard says above and Mistletoe are female.

Thank you Dragonlady and Stormwizard :)

54 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Oh man, I totally forgot about Mistletoes. And they're one of my favourite Christmas breeds, too! Thanks for adding that. 

I find myself in the position of wishing I still talked to my old friends who used to play this game. I could really use someone to hold an egg for me right now.

Darn egg limits and no ability to contact people on site about trades.

Edit- thanks, someone offered to hold an egg for me. I'm in your debt

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

3 hours ago, Ripan said:

My favorite still was the gingerbread house, I'm proud of my little cottage 😊

But I feel like I'm also in the minority who still even remembers the Holiday Tales in 2011. I thought it was a simple, and yet incredibly nice and cozy to have a short story to read everyday up until Christmas. The wreath decorating that came along with it was fine too, even though I wasn't entirely happy with how mine turned out. The RPG game is cool and all, but I'd love an event with cozy short tales again, no need to compete against each other.

The stories! I totally forgot about that one. That was really fun, I love reading different 'tales' and such like that, and the illustrations were beautiful. 

I usually don't like the stories much because well, i don't really like the idea of dragons talking in human speak. not all of the written things did that, but more recently has been a thing.

Ah, the joy of being scroll locked. :rolleyes: I've got nothing but time in my hands and nothing to do in DC. Times like these make me wish Incubate would work on hatchlings.

are CB aegis dropping in the holiday cave ? I haven't seen any, nor have I seen any up for trade.

19 minutes ago, Dekka said:

are CB aegis dropping in the holiday cave ? I haven't seen any, nor have I seen any up for trade.

Yes, they are. Maybe you've just been unlucky so far.

51 minutes ago, Dekka said:

I misclicked on two when I was trying to grab the last Yulebuck I needed, so they are dropping, as are Garlands, but I'm all set with those pretties, but if the cave would like to give me more CB Garlands I wouldn't argue. I ended up breeding both of my CB's with a Gaia Xeno https://dragcave.net/lineage/WJvYk and a Black Marrow https://dragcave.net/lineage/7Z9DK Not sure which pair I like best tbh. :wub:

I am currently trying to resist the AP-temptation, because I know from experience that having too many eggs hatch in the same day leads to early scroll-lock, lol. I love that the AP time is down so much, but also hate that it means so many hatchies so fast... I've hit my scroll-goals with Yulebucks, yaaay! And I believe that'll be the only breed I hit goals with this year, though possibly Wrapping Wings will make it. 

58 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I am currently trying to resist the AP-temptation, because I know from experience that having too many eggs hatch in the same day leads to early scroll-lock, lol. I love that the AP time is down so much, but also hate that it means so many hatchies so fast... I've hit my scroll-goals with Yulebucks, yaaay! And I believe that'll be the only breed I hit goals with this year, though possibly Wrapping Wings will make it. 

I am surprised I grabbed as many 2G Garlands as I did, not including the two from mine that I kept, and they have some really nice lineages too. There's one that I don't know if I'll continue, but it's too pretty to trade off. All the others have very healthy lineages in the future planned. :D

I just saw an Enraged Aegis paired with a Pyro Xeno, that's such an awesome-looking combination! I don't remember seeing that pairing in the AP before.

I have 1 freeze left until the 24th, and I'm about to use it on a messy Snow Angel. If it ever hatches. Holiday hatchies are so adorable! 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I just saw an Enraged Aegis paired with a Pyro Xeno, that's such an awesome-looking combination! I don't remember seeing that pairing in the AP before.

Darn! I am looking for one like that! None in the AP when I was there. :( 

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Darn! I am looking for one like that! None in the AP when I was there. :( 

That was what I was going to pair mine with this year, but an IOU asked me to breed it with a Pillow, if you don't get one this year, let me know and I can breed you one next year. :)

So was it just because I didn't look at the right times or was Snow AKA 2016 Christmas dragon rarer than Garlands in AP? I swear I saw more of the other breeds and the two I got now were because I bred them.

All I want is the return of the Snow Wars.

That was so much fun, particularly because I ended up getting into a rivalry with someone and it was great.

37 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

All I want is the return of the Snow Wars.

That was so much fun, particularly because I ended up getting into a rivalry with someone and it was great.

I don't know what's in store for this year, but if we could have a Snow Wars 2.0 next year, (and hopefully keep our previous forts from before) That would be amazing and I totally support it!

Two days left till event time and new dragon time!!

4 hours ago, Lady Dragoon said:

So was it just because I didn't look at the right times or was Snow AKA 2016 Christmas dragon rarer than Garlands in AP? I swear I saw more of the other breeds and the two I got now were because I bred them.

I've seen Snow and Garlands in the AP in roughly equal amounts, I think, but they both go fast and there don't seem to be many of either. I've picked up more Snows, I think, Garlands are always taken when I click on them.

I'm officially locked, 24 growing things, nothing will grow up for 24 hours yet. Goodness I hate scroll-lock. So frustrating. I can't help but wonder just what I'm missing in the AP while I'm locked.