Bialy

Trading - let us notify the trade partner that they are egglocked (no PMs system required)

Situation:

914475445_problemwithnointerscrollmessages.png.419143c2bc73e9e30f05ef20e5cd1a83.png
Familiar? ofc!

And it's obvious the offer can't be accepted...because my trading partner is scroll locked. And that's all. But now I can wait forver for them to realize or for their scroll to free a slot on its own, and maybe never be able to accept the offer because that never happens or because it happens when I'm away and unable to accept...

Let there be a button that you can press to let the trading partner know that you can't accept their trade because they are locked. An automated popup message.
And, best, let me pre-accept the trade so when their scroll gets freed, the trade completes without requiring me to hunt for the potential accept window...
I have a life. And I bet not just I.

There's just so much time you can trade in...

This seems like a sensible suggestion, and it WOULDN'T require any actual 'chat' between the traders, really.

Just a heads up from the site regarding gthe problem.

And the option to auto-accept the trade once the person in question has a slot open to recieve incoming would be GRAND.

Honestly I think the site should be able to perform this check on its own when an offer is submitted.

"WARNING: You currently cannot complete this trade as you would have too many eggs.  Do you still want to make this offer?"

I imagine the text could be adjusted for clarity's sake.

Yes please!!! I feel horrible when I get the *perfect* offer and then can't accept, and the offer is just sitting there as I wait to see if their space will free up, and I feel like they are probably wondering why I haven't taken any action. It seems like a sensible thing to do, however it's done, to let someone know the offer they made *can't* be completed.

19 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

Honestly I think the site should be able to perform this check on its own when an offer is submitted.

"WARNING: You currently cannot complete this trade as you would have too many eggs.  Do you still want to make this offer?"

It's more when the OTHER person is locked that's the issue. You should be able to see for yourself if YOU are the problem.

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It's more when the OTHER person is locked that's the issue. You should be able to see for yourself if YOU are the problem.

I thought, LadyLyzar meant it as a message that would be displayed for the person offering on your trade (= that they offer on something they couldn't receive right now because of their lack of space).

So, from our point of view here in the thread, it is about the other person.

6 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

I thought, LadyLyzar meant it as a message that would be displayed for the person offering on your trade (= that they offer on something they couldn't receive right now because of their lack of space).

So, from our point of view here in the thread, it is about the other person.

A lot of the time, though, I'd imagine the person wasn't locked when they made the offer. But by the time the other person sees their offer, they've picked up something else or made another trade without realizing they were closing their egg window. So a preemptive warning from the site wouldn't help, but a generic "so-and-so would like to accept your trade, but you are egglocked" would be a nice message to be able to send. If users aren't composing the message themselves, there's no risk of their harassing anyone or breaking any rules by sending it.

Edited by tjekan

That might be tougher to programme, if an offer was made while it was possible to accept it and then changed.

Support. I don't often decline, but I often do when people are egglocked. Then I have to keep my fingers crossed that they realize it's because they were locked. A simple notification like this would be much nicer.

5 hours ago, LadyLyzar said:

The problem with this is that you can still get locked after making the offer.

12 hours ago, LadyLyzar said:

This is better.

Edit: if you lock yourself after, you get a new notification that you don’t have room for what you offered on and the other person won’t be able to accept.

I don’t think it should be the job of the person posting to tell the offerer they’re locked.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I agree.  I think said notification should appear at the top of the scroll like when you have a sick dragon.  It should be more noticeable than the little notification bell and you'll notice it as soon as you go back to your scroll page from catching and/or breeding a new egg.

"You are currently unable to complete the following trade offers:..." etc etc.

Can I also, then, add a plea for one I suggested literally years ago - an on scroll note like the sickness one "there is action on one of your trades". Yes I know the notification bell covers that up to a point - but if you completed a trade yesterday, or qualified for the raffle, etc, it colours in as well, and - well, I don't know anyone who looks at it every time it colours in !

For this one, by the way - would it also help to have the "someone is locked" not on your trading page ? We get a lot of posts "Why can't I accept this trade ?"

Edited by Fuzzbucket

The notification bell isn't very hard to miss, but I think that's a topic for another thread.

Regarding this suggestion, I'd just be happy with a "there is a problem that prevents me from accepting your trade" or "one of us is locked" button. That way it applies to this, and also to the rare instances where someone offers an egg (or two or three) on your hatchie trade. Displaying a message to the other person when they offer doesn't address the latter case or is they egglock themselves after the offer.

Edited by Keileon
Oop!

"One of us is locked" works for me :)

But it needs to be able to accommodate the situation changing (I was waiting for you to accept but I suddenly saw a gold in the biomes and...)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Can I also, then, add a plea for one I suggested literally years ago - an on scroll note like the sickness one "there is action on one of your trades". Yes I know the notification bell covers that up to a point - but if you completed a trade yesterday, or qualified for the raffle, etc, it colours in as well, and - well, I don't know anyone who looks at it every time it colours in !

For this one, by the way - would it also help to have the "someone is locked" not on your trading page ? We get a lot of posts "Why can't I accept this trade ?"

I check the bell everytime.  (so now you do)

Not that I trade very often but this would be useful.

Maybe instead of just greying out the accept button, when you click on it sends a notice to BOTH parties "trade can not be completed because one member is locked"?  Yes, a person should know when they are, but some of the "why can't I complete this trade" threads in help, the poster was the one locked, not the other person.  This covers every possibility.

14 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Support. I don't often decline, but I often do when people are egglocked. Then I have to keep my fingers crossed that they realize it's because they were locked. A simple notification like this would be much nicer.

Yeah... Because if someone declines and offer of mine, I am more inclined to ASSUME that it was because they didn't LIKE my offer and were holding out for something else.

IF I KNEW it was because I was locked that would be a different matter.

4 hours ago, Keileon said:

The notification bell is very hard to miss, but I think that's a topic for another thread.

Regarding this suggestion, I'd just be happy with a "there is a problem that prevents me from accepting your trade" or "one of us is locked" button. That way it applies to this, and also to the rare instances where someone offers an egg (or two or three) on your hatchie trade. Displaying a message to the other person when they offer doesn't address the latter case or is they egglock themselves after the offer.

Just gonna say I find the notification bell SUPER easy to miss.

I definitely agree the grayed-out button could be more clear on *what* it means. Just being grayed-out doesn't mean anything, it doesn't tell you that you can't accept because someone is locked, it doesn't *tell* you anything at all. I have literally clicked the grayed-out button 5+ times in a row before realizing 'oh hey, grayed-out means I can't accept, duh!'. It's not at all clear that it means that. 

(And yeah, the notification bell is super-easy to miss, I will be deliberately watching it while a trade is up and sometimes I still won't notice it's suddenly colored in.)

6 hours ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

Just gonna say I find the notification bell SUPER easy to miss.

That was a typo, actually. I meant to say it ISN'T hard to miss. XD

I like this idea and would prefer it not to be a notification - the stage at which a player is most likely to not understand or not be familiar with the scenario that a trade is being prevented by them being egglocked is also the stage where the teeny tiny bell button could have been filled in all along for all they know and there's so many buttons whyever should they click on this bell that they're not convinced has changed or means anything important? Most folks on the internet are used to some kind of significant colour change, exclamation mark or number appearing; it works in the long run for common notifications but this needs to be a bit clearer IMO.