Aleoleo

ANSWERED:Sea Serpents not counting properly for the raffle

So I have raised 2 Water dragons so far this month, both grew up on the 5th (MYGvV & h7OEx), yet I'm still at 1/3 for this month's requirements:

sans-titre-5576820.png

I already tried hard refresh, emptying cache, etc..

@TJ09 could this be related somehow to this:

or is this a brand new kind of weirdness?

I'm also having an issue with this. I raised 3 sea serpents (Deep Sea), but my counter is still at 0/3.

Edited by The Dragoness

Is everyone with this issue having dragons that grew up before December 6th ? I have three and am entered - but my first 2 grew up on 6th, and I know aleoleo's grew up before that.

My 3 sea serpents should be growing up sometime today or tomorrow so I'll be able to update with anything that happens to mine regarding this issue. I had to help my mother (borntobefree) when hers had that problem.

I have a baikala that grew up on  the 30th and was counted  I have since had 2 deep seas grow up (on the 5th) and it still says raise 2 of 3.  My next will grow up  tomorrow.

Edited by Imzadi

12 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

I have a baikala that grew up on  the 30th and was counted

Same here.

Also raised 3 deep sea dragons, 2 only counted. Mine all grew up on the 5th.

I have a feeling that only those dragons count which had their eggs laid or stolen after the new raffle starts. Does that seem to fit the pattern?

Thanks @LadyLyzar!

1 minute ago, olympe said:

I have a feeling that only those dragons count which had their eggs laid or stolen after the new raffle starts. Does that seem to fit the pattern?

I don't think it does: I bred my Waters because of this month's requirements, so the raffle had started at that point already.

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Nope, this Baikala was already on my scroll before the raffle started and was the first one I entered with. Had 4 sea serpents grow up on the 5th very close to each other after so I can't say what counted and what didn't but I am entered into the raffle successfully. Very weird.

Okay, so my theory was, obviously, wrong. It still seems like dragons grown in the first week of the new month tend to glitch / not count towards the requirements.

About seven eighths of our sample size (for this month at least) is from the first week, so it's not surprising (or likely meaningful) that most of the glitchy dragons are from the first week.

I'm seeing a very small handful of people who are missing a dragon from their raffle progression. I've gone in and fixed it for those people.

On the whole, though, it looks like things are counting just fine.

Thanks, TJ09!

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

I'm seeing a very small handful of people who are missing a dragon from their raffle progression. I've gone in and fixed it for those people.

Thank you, TJ!

Fixed for me as well, thanks TJ!

@The Dragoness uhm, these 3 dragons are no Deep Seas though, they're Coastal Waverunners? They shouldn't count toward the raffle goal, they're wyverns, not sea serpents... :unsure:

Edit: you can go to the wiki for the list of "sea serpent" deagons: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sea_Serpents (with the exception of Thalassas... since they're listed as "wyrm" in the Encyclopedia they won't count for this).

Edited by Aleoleo

17 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Seeing the same problem. Raised a batch of three deepseas. They all grew up at the same time, Only one was counted.

16 hours ago, Aleoleo said:

Fixed for me as well, thanks TJ!

@The Dragoness uhm, these 3 dragons are no Deep Seas though, they're Coastal Waverunners? They shouldn't count toward the raffle goal, they're wyverns, not sea serpents... :unsure:

Edit: you can go to the wiki for the list of "sea serpent" deagons: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sea_Serpents (with the exception of Thalassas... since they're listed as "wyrm" in the Encyclopedia they won't count for this).

Well that explains that! I get those two breeds mixed up all the time and of course it happened again. Thanks fir pointing out ky stupidity XD

So is the common thread with everyone this has happened to that their sea serpents all grew up at the same time and were not all counted?

Perhaps making sure they grow up one at a time might be a way around this annoying bug? I'm going to give that a try with my next batch. :P

Edited by tjekan

My husband had a pair of Two-Finned Blunas grow-up on his scroll yesterday and they did not count. Here are the dragons in question:

https://dragcave.net/view/NimJT

https://dragcave.net/view/aCVC2

He said that he got both Dragons in a trade as hatchlings and they pretty much grew-up not long after hitting his scroll.

Whoops, guess I should link his scroll too?

https://dragcave.net/user/Rodtherat

Edited by Pheonixxfoxx