Dracaena

About those Sinomorph

There was a thread in suggestions over a year ago about the randomness of gender of the sinomorph you summon which was closed as answered by TJ with this message.

I want to know how I am supposed to select the dragons who are doing the summoning.  I gave up trying to summon after getting a couple of male sinomorph and decided to wait for this to be implemented.  All I want is a couple of female sinomorph and call this done.  I don't like all the zyumorph sprites to be interested in collecting them ad nauseam. 

1st summon group

2nd summon group

Available to summon group

I don't see any way to select which dragons will be used for the next summons.  Am I missing something?

11 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

There was a thread in suggestions over a year ago about the randomness of gender of the sinomorph you summon which was closed as answered by TJ with this message.

I want to know how I am supposed to select the dragons who are doing the summoning.  I gave up trying to summon after getting a couple of male sinomorph and decided to wait for this to be implemented.  All I want is a couple of female sinomorph and call this done.  I don't like all the zyumorph sprites to be interested in collecting them ad nauseam. 

1st summon group

2nd summon group

Available to summon group

I don't see any way to select which dragons will be used for the next summons.  Am I missing something?

I raised  a bunch of bred ones to be all male since I kept getting female sinomorphs.. Since any given zyumorph can only summon once,  I had all males for summoning. It did work, actually.  With your large group available, I guess you can only hope for the best...and then try to raise whatever you still need.

Edited by Imzadi

What imzadi said. You can't CHOOSE, but you can engineer things so that you have all zyus of one sex, when you are ready to summon. (It was me that got EIGHT females in a row...)

Which doesn't help when you already have a ton of Zyus, with differing genders, although enough of one gender to have them all be one gender but the rng won't do that. I was really hoping (as were many people!) that there would be some way to actually *influence* the Sino's gender ourselves, without depending on the rng to give us enough of one gender during the Summoning (and actually I'm not sure that's fail-proof either, I can't find it now but I did see a post recently about getting the opposite gender Sino despite having all but one Zyu the same gender).

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

actually I'm not sure that's fail-proof either, I can't find it now but I did see a post recently about getting the opposite gender Sino despite having all but one Zyu the same gender

Maybe that was me? I posted about it on the Congrats thread. But yeah, I recently summoned my first Sino. All the Zyus were male, except the pink (which was female) and I got a female Sino. 

As it was my first Sino I didn't actually mind, but I guess if you're really trying to get one particular gender, it can be frustrating to be unable to influence at all.

I would actually love to know more about the current mechanics of summoning: is it totally random? Is there more chance of a gender if there's more Zyus of one gender and if yes, is it proportional? That'd be great to know for sure! ^^

What would be useful to know, has TJ implemented whatever he had up his sleeve when he made that post or is it still on a to-do list?  Could a mod ask him about it?

It's been over a week and no response. 

@TJ09 Was your planned fix for the sinomorph summoning gender influence implemented as you said was going to happen in your Sept 24, 2017 post?  If so, is it working as intended considering the experience relaks had?

Sorry for the necro, but I can't find an answer to this anywhere, and I'd like to be prepared. Was there a reason we can't influence the genders of Sinos? 

1 hour ago, Emerald01 said:

Sorry for the necro, but I can't find an answer to this anywhere, and I'd like to be prepared. Was there a reason we can't influence the genders of Sinos? 

Because they spring to our scrolls full-grown, unlike any other dragon, therefore no chance to influence. The Zyus used to summon them are supposed to influence the gender of the Sino, but the results of that seem to be a bit dubious at best.

A lot of us wanted a way to influence what gender Sino got summoned, and I think a lot of people *expected* that would come in the form of something we-as-users could control. Instead we can't control the gender at all, but *if* the randomly-automatically-picked Zyumorphs are all one gender (or mostly one gender) it's supposed to affect the resulting Sino's gender. Although it doesn't actually seem to work like that consistently, and we haven't heard anything from TJ on how it's *supposed* to work.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

A lot of us wanted a way to influence what gender Sino got summoned, and I think a lot of people *expected* that would come in the form of something we-as-users could control. Instead we can't control the gender at all, but *if* the randomly-automatically-picked Zyumorphs are all one gender (or mostly one gender) it's supposed to affect the resulting Sino's gender. Although it doesn't actually seem to work like that consistently, and we haven't heard anything from TJ on how it's *supposed* to work.

I don't know if poking TJ would help at this point, but maybe it is worth a try.

Please Mr. @TJ09 can we have some sort of answer about this? It doesn't seem to be working as you said it would. Can we have a way to at least pick the Zyus that are used?

Thanks for the update.  Fully grown dragons, eh?  Cool.  Hopefully TJ has a chance to check into this, though I imagine it wouldn't happen until after the holidays now...

*poke poke* Does adding "@TJ09" to the post actually get their attention?  This whole random selection of Zyus is extremely frustrating if there is to be any hope of choosing what gender of Sinomorph appears.  

Edited by Emerald01