TemmieFlakes

eggs getting sick

i just feel like eggs get sick way to easily sometimes, because i put my eggs on a few hatchie sites and after awhile and not to many views later (not even 200 unique views [overall wasnt much more then unique] ) guESS whAt? its sick. and what sucks is sometimes the eggs get sick for like, almost/for the entire day, ThE entIRE dAy like, please im trying really hard for my eggs not to die, stop getting sick please.

34 minutes ago, TemmieFlakes said:

i just feel like eggs get sick way to easily sometimes, because i put my eggs on a few hatchie sites and after awhile and not to many views later (not even 200 unique views [overall wasnt much more then unique] ) guESS whAt? its sick. and what sucks is sometimes the eggs get sick for like, almost/for the entire day, ThE entIRE dAy like, please im trying really hard for my eggs not to die, stop getting sick please.

Newly laid eggs get sick easily, are you putting them in at 7d?

Also, are they gaining a lot of views? (Overall views, not unique views.)

I would avoid putting eggs in fansites right away - they're more likely to get sick if they're still at 7-6 days.

Your eggs are simply getting way too many views for how young they are. The general advice is to not put them in any hatcheries for the first 24 hours. Getting over 1k views in the first 24 hours is waaay too many too fast (assuming your scroll name is the same as your forum name). Eggs (and hatchlings) are more vulnerable when they are that young. If you wait until 5 days 12 hours or so, they shouldn't get sick so easily. (I usually wait even longer, but I'm overly-cautious).

Edited by HeatherMarie

Hi @TemmieFlakes, sorry to hear you are having trouble.  How old are the eggs you are putting on a few hatchery sites?  That makes a big difference, an egg that is 24 hours old is much more sturdy than a newborn egg.  There is also the Mentoring Project  where you can get one on one help with your questions about the cave and forums you might find helpful.

Looks like Kaini has moved this to help section as it would be a better fit there.

its just when i get a egg i get to paranoid that its gonna die before i get enough views for it to hatch so i was putting it in hatchie sites like on its 6-7 day, now i know to wait

Eggs won't hatch before the 4 day mark, so you have a few days you can afford to wait!

It's affected - and good on you for asking.

Don't worry - they won't die of no views for the first few days, no matter what.

You might like a mentor, as Dracaena has suggested.

By the way - your eggs are still clocking views a lot too fast for their age... I'd take them out of everywhere for a while.

@TemmieFlakes: Please be careful with your eggs, they are indeed gaining views too quickly.

Personally, I wait around 24 hours to put mine anywhere. I tend to wait another 12+ hours before I put them in a 2nd and 3rd hatchery. Sometimes, my eggs don't hatch as soon as they hit 4 days left - especially if they're incubated - but I can live with them hatching a couple of hours late.

How many is "a few" hatcheries? I find that putting my eggs in just one busy hatchery or two smaller hatcheries is sufficient to hatch them, and they rarely get sick.

8 minutes ago, UnicornMaiden said:

How many is "a few" hatcheries? I find that putting my eggs in just one busy hatchery or two smaller hatcheries is sufficient to hatch them, and they rarely get sick.

I put mine in 3-4 popular hatcheries when they get under 5 days and I've never had any issues either. I think "a few" is just subjective.

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

I put mine in 3-4 popular hatcheries when they get under 5 days and I've never had any issues either. I think "a few" is just subjective.

I was wondering if the OP might be putting them in too many hatcheries, which could be why the eggs are getting sick. If "a few" means 3 or 4 then they'd be ok, but if "a few" means 5 or 6 that could be the problem.

AoND is having a viewbombing attack the last few days. I had the same experience with one of my eggs.

It’s not as common as you think for an egg to die that way. I’ve been in the Cave for going on ten years, nearly 4,000 dragons, and lost only one egg to viewbombing/soft shell.

Last night I looked at hatcheries to check, and the OP did indeed still have them in at least three. Which given the number of views they already had (far too many for their age) was very likely the only issue, as I assume they took them out of some after it was mentioned. So as they accept aid, I took them out of every last one I found them in. I am glad to see the eggs are now fogged.

But their 6+ day hatchie with over 10k views might not make it... I believe a hatchie CAN still die from overviewing ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Last night I looked at hatcheries to check, and the OP did indeed still have them in at least three. Which given the number of views they already had (far too many for their age) was very likely the only issue, as I assume they took them out of some after it was mentioned. So as they accept aid, I took them out of every last one I found them in. I am glad to see the eggs are now fogged.

But their 6+ day hatchie with over 10k views might not make it... I believe a hatchie CAN still die from overviewing ?

It's possible but if not fogged, they usually grow up.  It's really hard to kill a hatchie with too many views. 

4 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

It's possible but if not fogged, they usually grow up.  It's really hard to kill a hatchie with too many views. 

Yeah. I tried to use it to kill hatchies for zombiefying when I last got viewbombed, but it didn't work. Next time please try harder, Mr.and/or Mrs.Viewbomber!  This would help me nicely if you could help me to kill some sacrifices!