Dragon_Arbock

ANSWERED:Unlimit the GoN

I have never really understood why the GoN is a limited breed. It's not a holiday, they're not something you fight over in the cave and are only available for 1 day of the year.. it's an egg you summon. I didn't really ever give it much thought until I really thought about it in comparison to the sinomorph. Why can the sinomorph be summoned an unlimited number of times as long as you meet the requirements, but a GoN cannot?

Why not limit the GoN? How do you fight over something that has limits? You can summon the egg three times and you reached your limit. Why do you need more? Why do you want more?

10 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

Why not limit the GoN? How do you fight over something that has limits? You can summon the egg three times and you reached your limit. Why do you need more? Why do you want more?

Because it's a dragon collecting game, and if people can make suggestions asking for holiday limits to be removed, I don't see why the GoN, which is even less special, should be some magical exception. I cannot find a reason for it to be limited other than 'it's rare', but so many dragons say they're 'rare' in their descriptions, but are not limited.

In this dragon collecting game, the limit on the GoN is three dragons. I like having some exceptions to the rule. Maybe it will change, after all, there was the time you could only have one GoN.

Edited by Bigbite

Having the limit just doesn't make any sense. It's not like you are actually summoning the only 3 in existence. You're creating an egg. The sinomorph if anything should be the 'limited' one since you're calling upon an already full grown dragon, not actually creating it, and it's only beleived to exist in myths.

The GoN also has the issue where it is the only thing that can breed 3 other breeds of dragon, so being able to have more GoNs would be helpful for lineages involving the other 3.

And lastly, while not important to most people.. it's impossible to collect both a S1 frozen, S2 frozen, and male and female adult with the current limit.

Just my thoughts really.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

I'm actually with BigBite here, which doesn't happen often. And in terms of sprite collecting - you can have a full set as things stand - there is no dimorphism. So - no support.

And what's this about "making sense" ? What has to make sense in a dragon game ?

6 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

The sinomorph if anything should be the 'limited' one since you're calling upon an already full grown dragon, not actually creating it, and it's only believed to exist in myths.

The GoN also has the issue where it is the only thing that can breed 3 other breeds of dragon, so being able to have more GoNs would be helpful for lineages involving the other 3.

And lastly, while not important to most people.. it's impossible to collect both a S1 frozen, S2 frozen, and male and female adult with the current limit.

Just my thoughts really.

Disagree about limiting the Sino. You have to collect the full set of 6 to summon a sino, so to get my 30 Sinos, I had to have 30 of EACH of the 6 Zyus.

I would like to see the GoN limit eliminated, perhaps with a similar tie-in to the trios--if you successfully summon 1, than 3 of your trios (1 of each) cannot be used to summon again, and you would need a second set of trios to summon the next one.

27 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

And what's this about "making sense" ? What has to make sense in a dragon game ?

LOL I'm actually in agreement here, despite usually pushing suggestions to 'make sense'. Limits in *general* don't 'make sense' in some ways, if you want to push that idea... Why limit CB Valentines/Holidays? Why limit Leetle Trees? Why are Sinos 'limited' by how many Zyus you have (since each Zyu can only summon once)? We could question the whys and the 'making sense' 'til the cows come home, but I'm not sure that does any good when talking about game-imposed limits. There are limits in this game, many different limits (including egg/hatchling limits!), and that's just a fact of the game.

I'm not sure I want to 'unlimit' the GoN, because it *is* special, even if some may not see them as special. It takes three different types of dragons to 'summon', so obviously it's special. I would be in support of maybe *raising* the limits, though.

I would like to see the limit raised to 4 GoNs so that we could have 2 males and 2 females. ^_^

Edited by Aqub

The GoN I believe was limited because it was meant to be like the “god” of the game. Like how in Pokémon, you can usually only get one of the super legendary god-like Pokémon. Imo, we’re super lucky that we can get more than one GoN for this reason. So I’m more than satisfied with the limit as it is.

Raising the limits to have two males and two females, sure I can get that, but I really don’t support getting rid of the limit all together. The GoNs are meant to be limited because they’re so powerful - it doesn’t make sense to me to just be able to collect gods!

Personally, I'm not sure. For me, it depends on how summoning works. If there are actual, site-wide GoN ratios involved, I'd rather not have the limits raised. Because, if someone summons their 100th GoN, this would mean someone else wouldn't be able to summon their first. (RNG is a *****, as we all know. See repeat raffle winners and all that.)

If, however, summoning works on a fixed success ratio (like 10% of all summonings are successful, no matter what) which is, of course, modified by the number of trio sets you own, then I don't see the issue. Because your personal success does not affect the success of someone else.

While I'm not overly fussed, I do support at least raising the limit. Dimorphism or no dimorphism, you currently can only either have one of each sprite and only one gender to breed, or have both genders to breed and miss out on a sprite.

7 hours ago, Bigbite said:

Well, I need more to get any frozen S2s? This baby is missing its brother and sister https://dragcave.net/view/s51hS and its parents are dead worried if their other two kids from before their sumoning are still alive.
Scroll goals.

Most of people playing DC have some minimal goals they wish to achieve. 1 per breed? MF per breed? adult, frozen gendered and frozen ungendered? MF adults and 1 S2 and S1? 2 MF pairs? MF, MF frozens, s1 frozen aka. a full family set(me)? 5, 6, 8 or 10 adults? Total limits for a breed make most of minimal goal ideas literally impossible. And for what benefit? None.

GoNs being as they are, don't need to be limited. Players don't affect one another, and Summons succeed so rarely their overall population will always be low, and GoNs don't privide any gameplay benefit (BSA or whatever) to anyone who owns them, and no matter the number. It's just not worth a limit... The limit does nothing benefitial to the game, it's just being there for the sake of a limit nobody needs.
Not to mention they breed hybrids no other dragon can trigger...

Edited by VixenDra

I won't support removing the limits for GoNs but I do support upping the limit to somewhere like 4. Guardians of Nature are such a hassle to summon, I like the fact that we have a limit on how many we can summon so I can carry on with summoning until I've hit that limit, and then never have to worry about it again. Yeah, yeah, I could do that even if GoNs had no limits, but knowing me I'd keep on summon-spamming until the end of time because I like GoNs, but the success rate is so poor I'd rather keep these guys limited.

Not to sound greedy, but 6 would be the best "raised limit' IMHO.   It allows for both the option of all five sprites if you want both genders of adults and hatchling OR even pairs of adults for people that don't freeze and want to make lineages. (also divisible by 3 so a pair for each avatar)

I don't really care if the limits get upped or whatever. I can understanding having them because yeah, this is a dragon collecting game. Not a god collecting game. But games need to have limits of some kind and not all game creators want/like to be transparent about why every limit exists. But this one does and whether it changes or not, I have really no opinion on.

My only concern is if @olympe is right and the ratio switches to be site-wide rather than individual. Then that's a big "no" for me.

Somebody out there, for whatever reason, may decide to collect several dozen, or hundred, GoNs. Doesn't matter the reason. You know somebody will, someday. There seems to be a hoarder or army-maker for just about every breed out there that can be hoarded. I'm won't knock them for it because hey, GoNs are really cool looking. But if their sudden hoarding is gonna make sure that I get to wait another year or two or five (going on a year and a half already, still no GoN here) because ratios say so, yeah...I'm sure I won't be the only one without any GoNs getting annoyed at STILL not getting a GoN despite persistence and trio hoarding.

So whatever happens, unlimited or not, GoNs will probs still be among the most annoying dragons to obtain, imo. And that will likely not change. So yeah, depending on how TJ would work the ratio system for them...I'm iffy on it.

Just my two cents. :/

Edited by animatedrose

8 hours ago, Aqub said:

I would like to see the limit raised to 4 GoNs so that we could have 2 males and 2 females. ^_^

I could get behind this, although I hardly see it as necessary. I don't want to see the limit eliminated entirely, but for lineage purposes it would be nice to be able to have two of each gender.

I'm in the "don't remove the limit entirely, but raise it," crowd. The lowest I'd begrudgingly tolerate is a limit of 4, so I can get both an s2 and an s1, but like DragonLady said, 6 seems to be the perfect number here. Just double the amount we can already get. It's not too high, but satisfies both breeders and sprite collectors, and gives us a little more wiggle room.

I wouldn't mind making it unlimited if it was changed to one GoN per trio, however I don't see this happening any time soon, and seeing as how it encroaches a bit on the Sinomorph's gimmick, I can't even say I'd really like this option all that much, but it'd be an acceptable compromise if it did ever happen.

Wow, we have a few very petty people here at DC. All my eggs were put into nurseries, without my permission, I guess because I took the position I did on this subject.

All it takes is one very small minded individual to try and ruin the game for others. Please wise up and grow up.

Edited by Bigbite

2 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

Wow, we have some very petty people here at DC. All my eggs were put into nurseries, without my permission, I guess because I took the position I did on this subject.

All it takes is one very small minded individual to try and ruin the game for others. Please wise up and grow up.

I think it's very rash to instantly assume you're being attacked specifically because of this thread, especially because so many people have been reporting issues with viewboming today and possibly yesterday totally unrelated to their forum activity. There are other threads to talk about this kind of misfortune but it seems a bit hot tempered, off topic, and imo, in poor taste to take your grievances to a young and not even terribly controversial topic.

I have NEVER been view bombed, believe it or not. Thanks for your opinion.

7 hours ago, VixenDra said:

Well, I need more to get any frozen S2s? This baby is missing its brother and sister https://dragcave.net/view/s51hS and its parents are dead worried if their other two kids from before their sumoning are still alive.
Scroll goals.

Most of people playing DC have some minimal goals they wish to achieve. 1 per breed? MF per breed? adult, frozen gendered and frozen ungendered? MF adults and 1 S2 and S1? 2 MF pairs? MF, MF frozens, s1 frozen aka. a full family set(me)? 5, 6, 8 or 10 adults? Total limits for a breed make most of minimal goal ideas literally impossible. And for what benefit? None.

GoNs being as they are, don't need to be limited. Players don't affect one another, and Summons succeed so rarely their overall population will always be low, and GoNs don't privide any gameplay benefit (BSA or whatever) to anyone who owns them, and no matter the number. It's just not worth a limit... The limit does nothing benefitial to the game, it's just being there for the sake of a limit nobody needs.
Not to mention they breed hybrids no other dragon can trigger...

Well, in that case, my scroll goals are to hoard leetles - my character owns a huge orchard filled with leetles, so we should get rid of the "only one" limit.

It doesn't work like that. Some things should be limited. Yeah the leetle is a drastic example, but there's a reason GoNs are only available through summoning in the first place: because they're meant to be almost mythical. Imo, count yourselves lucky you can get more than one. There's a reason we can't get Prizes in the biomes - because they're prizes, rarities, only available through distribution. As I've mentioned before, I couldn't really care less about the limit being upped to 4 or whatever, but I really don't support doing away with the limit.

And players DO effect one another, because mass breeding has been proven to affect the ratios of certain dragon drops, and is why the prices fluctuate in the market. If people with 5000+ dragons with Ice Magma Thunder armies summon using all their dragons, they could potentially get like 50 GoNs, which, given the way this site works, very much could affect the chances of a newbie getting them. I mean, that is given the ratios would affect it, which we don't know if they do or not. I know not to get caught up on something as hypothetical as these ratios, but the possibility is is another reason why I don't support this.

I've never been viewbombed before either, until just today. There's a first for everything. I think there are calmer, less cynical approaches to a problem than to immediately assume someone got mad at your opinion on digital creatures.

1 minute ago, Nove NuVonde said:

I've never been viewbombed before either, until just today. There's a first for everything. I think there are calmer, less cynical approaches to a problem than to immediately assume someone got mad at your opinion on digital creatures.

You may be right, my apologies to all who found my post cynical and uncalled for.