RicketyTicketyTock

Might be a stupid question but...

So I've been wondering for some time now... Why, on the abandoned page, are there so many of one species at any given time? Like while I'm typing this the page is absolutely flooded with deep sea dragon eggs, sometimes it's celestial dragon eggs etc. Is it a mechanic built in that keeps the page full or are there just, coincidentally, that many people abandoning those specific breeds all at the same time?

I'm fairly sure that comes from people mass-breeding one breed they particularly enjoy collecting for the most part.

Yep, it's usually massbreeding, either by a group of people or by one person who just has a ton of that type of dragon.

Recently a bunch of people did massbreeding to get the AP times to lower (people don't go through massbred eggs as quickly, so they sit there longer, lowering the overall AP time); massbreeding has benefits!

IIRC there's also threads on here for concerted massbreeding efforts.

Sometimes it's also to help the ratios - breeding one specific breed increases the chance at getting a different one when breeding it next.

E.g. when I'm trying to get a Ridgewing from my Waterhorse checkers, I would first massbreed my Waterhorses from other lineages to the AP, to tell the system "we have enough Waterhorses, see, how about you give me a Ridgewing next time because Waterhorses are overpopulated already?"

It's usually massbreeding by one or more people. Sometimes to specifically knock the AP times down to incuhatchable or less, other times for fun, and then it can be to try and effect the ratios for one specific derg. Depends on the breeder.