Griffin_Lokison

And All Creation Wept [Closed]

Mike squeaked as Tras picked him up. His little eyes were wide as he waited for the pink Dragon to lead the way.

Since the Desipis was such a large dragon, the bolt of lightning not only made him ache, it also angered him. He roared and turned on the Storm Rider Dragon and flew at him, breathing fire all the way.

For the first time in quite a while, Coffin was actually quite frightened. She knew that Arc had told her to run, but... When she saw the Desipis attempting to attack her friends, she felt an unusual emotion. Fury. These were her friends, and she would not let this dragon get the egg or her friends. Coffin roared as loud as she could (which was not very loud). She was not going to run.

"Guys, we need to get out of here!" cried Tras to her friends on the ground, "We can't fight it right now." Tras quickly gave the basket to Coffin. "Watch it." She quickly flew over to Arc and covered him with his wings from the blazing fire. As the Desipis launched another fireball, Tras braced herself. 

A moment later she felt an intense heat which quickly subsided. As she poked her head out she noticed the Desipis a few meters away looking very annoyed. As she glanced around herself, she saw a ring of burned earth around them. Her gaze slowly shifted to her wings which were completely unscathed. 

Not thinking about what happened, Tras flew back with Arc to the small group of dragons.

"With me! Quick!" The young dragon yelled as she whipped around and plunged into the mysterious forrest. She lead the group fast through heavy foliage up a steep incline. She stopped at the edge of a small clearing before collapsing onto her belly out of exhaustion. "Here, we should be safe for a little while. We're downdraft, so our scents won't carry up to him." When she spoke, she only ever looked at Mike, as if talking directly and only to him.

“Ok then! Let’s just go because I think he’s gonna come at us again.”

He beckoned Mikesha over.

”You can ride on my back, if you want.”

"Who was that!? Did he work for Balendin!? And why are we following this random dragon even though we don't know who she is?" Astro said with confusion. Suddenly she collapsed on the ground. All this excitement had drained all the energy out of her. Astro knew that they needed to go farther into the forest to escape from this unexpected guest. But all she could think of was rest... She needed rest. 

Tras quickly picked up Astro and put her into the basket next to the egg. "Let's go!" said Tras following the small pink dragon up the slope.

Once they were at the clearing, Mikesha collapsed and huffed lightly. He looked at the pink dragon, then thanked her. "My name is Mikesha, but you can call me Mike. These are my friends Tras, Arc, Astro, and Coffin," he said. He turned to Astro. "What do you think a pink dragon is going to do to you?" He asked. "Have a little trust in her. Look, we're safe. The dragon didn't follow us." 

The Desipis dragon reared his head and roared loudly in anger. He couldn't sense them anywhere, the stupid beasts. He circled overhead, but couldn't find them. So he started torching the forest to get rid of his anger. Then he flew away to return to the encampment he came from.

“That was... Terrifing.”

Arc sat down and curled into a ball.

”I need a nap. Good nap.”

His stomach growled.

”Uggghhhh I forgot my booooaaaaarrr....”

He continued to mumble, until he began to silently snore.

The small pink dragon smiled at Mike's thanks and bowed her head. "My name's Bow." She introduced herself. "Listen, we can probably escape this fire if we can get further up the mountain. Theres a waterfall on the other side." Bow lifted her head into the wind and sniffed. "The fire is coming from the south. We have to go east, do you think we could outrun it?" Bow posed to Mikesha.

Edited by boruto

"But- but we must head west! We need to return this egg to Lavada's sister!" Mike exclaimed as he looked back at the basket. 

Coffin nuzzled the egg. For some reason, it almost felt.... soft. Warm. Like there was an invisible bubble of happiness and peace and warmth around it. The smell of smoke jolted her back to the real world. She eventually backed away, somewhat reluctant, and a bit worried.

Hearing the dragons arguing about which direction to go, Coffin remarked, "Why don't we go... West-East?! Yeah, that's a great idea!" She returned to her normal smiling self. "Or we could go North, but that's not quite as fun..."

"Egg? Lavada? Sister?" Bow cocked her head, unaware of what Mike was talking about. She shook her head after a moment and looked towards the West. "The wind might carry the fire westbound. Like I asked before, do you think we can outrun the fire?"

Arc opened one eye.

”We can fly. Pretty sure we can outrun it.”

He got up and took his map out again.

“That waterfall... It’s a pretty clear path to Lavada’s sister from there.”

He moved his claw towards the camp.

”One thing’s for sure..”

He pricked himself with his claw, and with the blood, drew a large circle around that part of the map.

”We are never going in that direction again.”

"I think we should rest a little. We are exhausted and it's already dark," said Tras, "Maybe we can find a cave and sleep in it till morning. That way the fire will pass and we can go west." Tras looked up and said, "Besides, those clouds, over the hills could bring rain. Then there won't be a fire!" 

Yes, rain! And caves!"  Coffin exclaimed. She loved rain. As for the rest part, well she felt a bit tired, but for some reason, she didn't want to go to sleep. She was too excited. But whatever, she still liked this plan. Pointing to a cave atop a small mountain to the west, she said, "How bout that one?"

“That looks nice.”

He flew up to the cave, and looked inside.

“Might be a little cramped... But it’ll do.”

He looked to the clouds.

”Just to warn you, I might turn that into a thunderstorm. Just what I do.”

Flying up to the cave, Tras carefully put down her egg with Astro in it and slumped to one side. "I'm exhausted, if you guys decide otherwise, I don't care. I'm going to sleep," she said.

Coffin flapped up to the cave and landed near Tras. She stood the edge of the cave, looking at the world below. "Wow, what a view!" she cried, her mouth gaping. "Even with a fire coming after us, it's still beautiful!"

Little Duck honked. "Oh, you're probably tired," Coffin said. In response, Little Duck plopped onto the floor and closed their eyes. "I'm not sleepy, but I guess my wings are pretty tired...."

She laid down, folded her wings, and watched the world around her like she had always done.

A guest of wind swept both the fire and the storm closer. The smoke filled the air, filtering into the cave. Mike quickly shook everyone awake. "It's not safe here any more! The pink Dragon was right! Look!" He pointed at how the smoke looked like fog, and the storm wouldn't arrive here for a little while.

“Well. That sucks.”

He went to the basket and picked it up.

”Coffin I will eat your duck if you don’t wake up now.”

He looked out to the sky.

”The smoke should disperse a bit up higher. Let’s go, everyone.”

He looked to Mikesha.

”Want a ride?”

Coffin woke with a start and began running around in frenzied circles, yelling "Not the duck! Not the duck! Not-- Huh? Oh, uh, I wasn't sleeping!" Coffin stopped. "Oh yeah, the fire." She stood up, ready to take off.

"Look, Mike," Bow started, "even though we have go go west for this egg-thing, right now we have to go east if we want to live." Bow looked Mike in the eyes as she spoke. "I'm from here; I know this mountain inside and out. I've spent all my life so far running around here. I can get us around the east end then back in a little over a day." Bow exited the cave as smoke began to overfill the small opening. "We don't have much time. We should go east now, then circle back after the storm puts the fire out. Should take us no more than a day or two."

Waking from her nap, Tras bolted to the entrance. She looked at the heavy load that Arc was trying to carry (the basket, the egg, Mike, and Astro) and decided that she would help him.

"Here, Arc, let me take Astro," she said gently pulling Astro out of the basket and onto her back.