Griffin_Lokison

And All Creation Wept [Closed]

Bow opened her eyes just as the sun began to creep over the mountain top. facing the east, the sunrise was beautiful. hues matching her own pink and cream blended like watercolors with the blues and purples of the morning sky. her mouth gaped open for a moment as she let out a yawn. she tightened her around the egg as she watched the sunrise with half-open eyes. "So pretty..."

Near Bow, a slightly loud thump came from Arc’s sleeping body rolling off onto the ground.

“I’m awake! I’m...”

He looked around at all the sleeping dragons.

”Oh.”

After a shake of his head, Arc outstretched his wings and flew up.

”The sunrise is really pretty...”

He stayed there, watching. Just for a bit.

Temporamus slowly opened his eyes as the bright sunlight of dawn was radiated from the blue skies above. He noticed that Bow and Arc are already awake. He looked around to find that the rest of the group still asleep. The wyrm levitated from the ground, then flew around the area to scan for nearby creatures. Aside from a few wild animals and various little creatures, there were no dangerous-looking dragons on sight. He then eagerly flew and nudged the basket, then peeked its head into the basket. "Hey, wake up! Don't sleep for too long or your body will be lazy," teased the Chrono at Mikesha.

Mikesha felt the link dragon beside him shift around, but paid it no mind. He felt the egg give a quiver, so he pressed closer to it, still fast asleep and slightly unaware of the pink dragon also curling tightly around the egg. When he heard a chilled voice, his head slowly lifted as he opened his eyes and blinked up at the Chrono. He gave a yawn, his cute little mouth opening wide. "But it's so early.... and it's all muddy from the storm that put out the fire."

Waking up to a slowly rising sun, Tras stretched her wings. With an irresistible sense of joy.

"That was the best sleep I've had in a while," she said, looking around at all the mud and ash. Tras flew out of her little crevice and surveyed the landscape. "At least the fire's gone!' she exclaimed happily. 

Flying back to her group of friends she realized that they were probably all hungry. "I'm going to get us some food for breakfast. OK?" said Tras before flying into the forest for some food.

“Awesome!” Coffin replied to Tras. She had been watching the sun as it rose into a beautiful, warm sky. The ash from the fire may have been a sign of darkness and death, but when the shards of morning light fingered the landscape, it looked beautiful. Almost as if everything was about to be revived. 

Coffin’s smile grew even wider. She hadn’t slept all night, instead watching the night sky and the land around her. She still felt wide awake and ready to stretch her legs. “Can I come with you?” Coffin asked, looking back at Tras again.

Temporamus noticed the eagerness of Coffin. He dashed to the forest, passing in front of Coffin. "I don't think you need permission if we're going to fill our stomachs!" the Chrono exclaimed. The wyrm slithered through the thick woods, leaving Coffin and the others behind. "I'll bring extra food for everyone as well!" a distant voice echoed through the trees.

Leaving the clearing behind, Tras swiftly and quietly flew through the forest. She came across the scent of a boar and slowed down. As she dropped to the forest floor she heard a rustling in the bush nearby.

Crawling slowly and quietly Tras snuck up to the boar. She jumped and caught the boar in her claws. Dragging the boar be hind her, Tras slowly approached the clearing.

Mike stayed with egg, especially since he could not hunt like the rest of them. One, he was too small to kill anything useful, and two, misfits were scavengers by nature. They stole food right out from other dragons' noses. He pressed the side of his head to the egg again, but it made no sound. It hadn't wiggled for a little bit, so the little pygmy decided that it must be resting.

Deep in the woods, Temporamus made tracks of leaves on his way so that he won't get lost. Glimpses of sunlight shone through the tree leaves above. It took a while of searching till he found a wandering deer. "Another good meat, bless Lavada for the abundance!"

The Chrono unleashed his time magic, creating a wide invisible field around him, forming a light blue outline near its boundaries. When the unsuspecting deer entered the field, time froze for the creature, or rather, ticking very slowly. But to Temporamus, one second of slowed movement is enough for him to get a kill on small creatures. He swiftly lunged for the neck, ensuring a painless death for the poor victim. "This should be more than enough for the rest as well," Tempus remarked, as he dragged the body back to the group with his jaws.

Edited by BlueLatios

Bow loosened her grip from the egg and decided to go ofc on her own to search for berries and fruits. "You staying here?" She turned to Mike. He seemed to nod and she nodded in return. Bow rushed into the forrest and harvested as many fruits and berries as she could find. When she brought them back to camp, she displayed her loot to her new pygmy friend. "Would you like some?" She offered with a warm smile.

Just after Now returned with her berries, Tras came out of the forest with her board.

"I'mf hereh," she said through her stuffed teeth. Tras approached her group and dropped the boar near the basket. She then took a piece of the meat and sat off to the side to eat.

As she sat and ate her thoughts wandered off to the long journey they had before themselves. "I'm so excited!" she thought to herself.

The sun had come up more now, yet Arc was still flying in the air, not moving.

”I wonder..”

He looked down at his friends and snapped back into focus. Flying down, he noticed all the food.

”Ah! Sorry, sorry. I was mesmerized by the sun. Uh, um...”

He looked around, flew to some trees, and snapped branches off them.

”A fire! Yeah. We can cook the meat and stuff.”

He piled it all up and fired a little bolt of lightning at the bottom, lighting it.

When Tempus had found his way back to the group of dragons, the atmosphere was lively. He looked at the bright, burning fire at the center of the area, then to Tras, still munching on boar meat. There certainly was enough food for everyone's breakfast! With enough strength, he pulled the deer meat all the way to the bonfire, and signaled Mike and the others to have a share if they want. The wyrm himself took large bites, he rarely had cooked meat before, but the juicy meat tasted better than he thought it'd be.

Looking at all of her friends eating the cooked meat, Tras decided to try it. She came up to the fire with the rest of her meat and slowly cooked it until it was completely cooked. Then, Tras took her meat off of the fire and took a bite. 

"Mmmmmmm," she said as she slowly swallowed the delicious meat, "that is the best meal I've had in a while!" When Tras finished the rest of her meat, she put the bones in a pile of to the side.

When all Mike's hunter friends returned, he had already said yes to Bow's offer on the berries and fruits. He climbed out of the basket to eat, glancing up as he watched the others settle in to eat their meat. He sat back on his tiny haunches and licked the berry juice off his muzzle. "Thanks, Bow."

Arc finished his share and turned to the west.

"Well, I suppose we have to head to the volcanoes, huh."

He looked to his friends.

"To be honest, this is where the real journey begins. Are you all ready?"

"I'm ready!" said a very excited Tras. She walked up to the egg and prepared to pick up the basket. 

As she walked to the basket, she looked to the west, excited for the adventure awaiting them.

Tras grabbed the basket and slowly started towards the looming volcanos in the distance. Tras looked back and said, "You guys coming?"

As Temporamus was gathering the food remains together piece by piece with his teeth, he dropped the last one on the pile of leftovers before replying. "In a minute!" the Chrono exclaimed. He applied his magic on the leftovers, doing the same thing that he did with yesterday's dinner leftovers. Shortly after, Tempus plucked a tiny white flower from his body and planted one on the soil. "Hope you grow big, little flower." He then flew towards the dragons, filled with newfound excitement. "Lead the way!"

Tras looked at her friends and slowly turned back to the huge volcanoes. With the sun be hind her Tras said, "Let's go!" She slowly flew down the mountainside starting a long journey for the little dragons.

Arc flew quickly towards the volcano, ready for anything in their way.

”We’re going on an adventuuuure!”

He did a twirl in the air and continued to fly.

The Chrono flew with them, but kept the altitude near the ground. Tempus could see the path they'll take will mean less dense trees and more rocky terrains ahead. The bright heat from the rising sun warms the atmosphere up. Temporamus looked at them while he flew towards the volcanic areas. "I can trust them. I've never ventured outside the forests before, but I feel much safer with them," he thought to himself. He flew closer towards the group, it made him feel less worried about the potential threats they might have to face.

Tras decided to play a little game to pass the time. "Do you guys want to play 'I Spy'?" she asked her friends, "or maybe something else?"

Mike stirred inside the basket as they flew towards the fiery lands of the west.  He looked up at Tras as she suggested a game. "Sounds fun! Can I go first?"