Griffin_Lokison

And All Creation Wept [Closed]

“It was just the one dragon, and anyway, he thought it was a regular egg.”

He looked over to the basket.

”And if you don’t believe us, go ahead and touch it.”

He stared off into the distance.

”I think he might of gone back to a camp. It’s fine, though. He didn’t seem like the type to talk about his failures.”

The Chrono breathed a sigh of relief. "Phew! Glad that we're all safe for now, then!" Temporamus nodded at the Storm Rider, then slithered his way towards the basket to examine the mysterious egg. "May I?" asked the wyrm to the Misfit Pygmy before coming closer.

Bow watched as her new friends all interacted with the even newer dragon. Taking Mikes word, the young pink dragon stepped out of the bushes. She trotted quite briskly over to Arc and Tras as they began to enter the camp, cowering behind them.

"Only if you give me a flower," Mike teased. Then he laughed lightly and gave a nod. "Just kidding. Go right ahead." He stepped aside to allow the Xeno to touch the egg. He tilted his head as he watched the egg give a little tremble. It radiated an exceptional amount of power, the same kind one might feel from the most magnificent pieces of creation.

"A-Ah! This feels so... heartwarming! It takes me back to where my home was..." Temporamus couldn't explain why, but it felt so soothing. It's as though he had almost fallen asleep on the egg. He then realized that he had stayed in the same position for a while, and pulled his head away from the egg. "Oops, I think I spaced out a bit. No doubt, this is indeed Lavada's egg." He flew around the area to recollect himself, then checks the group again. With an excited tone, Temporamus exclaimed, "Alright, if I want to be of help, we definitely need to know each other! Once again, my name is Temporamus, but you can call me Tempus if you want! I can control time around me!"

Arc nodded.

”My name’s Arc. I can... Uh, fly fast and shoot lightning.”

He looked to Bow behind him.

”And the shy one’s Bow.”

Coffin examined the flower that she now held in her paws, mouth agape. “Wow,” she said. “Yep, definitely a good guy! It’s so nice to meet you! Those flowers are really cool! Oh and I...I...” Coffin wasn’t sure what cool powers she had. “I have a duck!” Her stomach started to growl. Coffin hadn’t eaten in quite a while. She looked over at the deer Tras had brought, then at the bear.

She shrugged, then hopped over to a nearby patch of grass and began munching on it, a delighted look on her face. After she had done this, she looked back at the deer again. “Mind if I have a bite?” She asked, gesturing to the deer.

Edited by Tentacles

"I see! Nice to meet you, Arc and Bow!" He was going to ask the Black Marrow's name, but immediately got distracted by the fresh results of the hunts. His stomach grumbled. He then turned his head to Arc, then to the bear, hoping for permission to join the feast as well.

As Tras watched all her friends introduce themselves, she waited. When they finished she said, "My name is Trasyrt, but you can call me Tras. As for special powers..."

Tras paused. While all her friends were going to the large pile to eat she stood there. Her mind had suddenly remembered what had happened at the clearing with the huge dragon and Arc. 

Tras slowly walked up to her group of friends and asked, "Hey, remember what happened at the clearing? When I went to protect Arc and the big dragon launched a fireball at Arc and I?" Thinking a little more she realised something "I...lifted my tail and closed my eyes. When I opened them there was a ring of black earth around me but not under me. I didn't have any burn marks or anything, I didn't even feel pain. Did you guys see what happened?" she asked her friends around her.

Still wondering what had happened she took some of the meat for herself.

Mikesha introduced himself to the new dragon before hopping over to the meat pile. He nodded as Tempus talked about the feeling the egg gave him. He pulled off a small bit of meat off the deer before looking at Tras. "Yeah, I saw that. Maybe the egg is helping us some?" He suggested. "Maybe it's given us special abilities to help keep it safe!"

“Well, I mean, I never feel tired, but that’s natural for me. Black Marrow dragons are night owls— that is to say, the night is kind of our thing.” Coffin said.

The Xeno enjoyed several bites on the raw meat. As everyone introduced themselves, Tempus felt more accepted into the group. He attentively listened to the conversations that happened and nodded several times in acknowledgement. When the meal is over, the Xenowyrm gestured the others to let him take the remains of the bear to collect it with whatever's left from the deer. "Mind if I do something with these?"

Edited by BlueLatios

“Knock yourself out.”

He then looked to Tras, and smiled.

”I remember that. That was really cool, it was like you had fireproof scales or something.”

He thought for a moment, then turned to the egg.

”Can I have some cool superpowers too, little egg? I kept you warm when I sat on you. That counts, right?”

Still staring at her tail, Tras walked up to a small crevice. "I think I'll take a nap," she said, "I need to process this." She quickly fell asleep.

Bow let out a soft giggle when she heard Arc's request to the egg. "I don't think it works like that." She peeped out in between laughs. Watching everyone around her, Bow slowly walked away from Arc and the now sleeping Tras and into the basket with the egg and Mike. She curled her small pink body around the egg and set her head down on the heart-shaped tip of her tail. "I'm with you, Tras. I think we all need to rest." She let out with a yawn at the end.

“Someone should keep watch, right?”

He flew up to the highest point he could stand.

”I’ll watch for people, just in case.”

“Can I come with you? Like I said before, I don’t get very tired often.”

Coffin was surprisingly calmer than normal

(though still very excited.)

Tempus gathered the food remains together and brought them to an empty square of soil. The Chrono Xenowyrm exerted time magic upon the dead animals, which in a few seconds, caused them to quickly rot and decay. He then buried them by piling fresh brown soil above them with its small tail. Once he had done his work to help nature, he joins the group, only to find the Royal Blue and the Pink asleep. He circled around and saw Arc flying high. And so did Coffin. "Aw, that was a feast! I can do the watching, I heard Chronos are good at watching." He tilted his head as he looked towards the young Marrow. "Arc and, umm, I forgot your name, sorry."

“Oh, I’m Coffin!” She said, smiling. “We’ve been meeting quite a few dragons lately! This is why I like adventures!”

"Well, nice to meet you, Coffin!" Temporamus replied with a warm smile. He flew around to check for nearby creatures, but he found none. "Is there anything we can do? I still feel restless."

Edited by BlueLatios
That small typo on "restless"

Mikesha climbed back into the basket after the pink dragon and sat there, draping his forelegs over the side. He tilted his head at Tempus as he did his thing with the remains. Then he looked to his other friends, the ones on watch and the ones sleeping. He smiled lightly before going down into the basket and curling around the other side of the egg, trying not to crowd Bow.

“Can’t sleep?”

He sniffed around him, then swooped down to a bush.

”I think there may be... Aha!”

Arc pulled out some mushrooms.

”These make you fall asleep really fast.”

He flew back up to them, and handed them over.

”If you want to rest, go ahead. I’ll keep watch, you don’t have to worry.”

Temporamus curiously looked at the things Arc had brought to him, and recognized what they were. "Thanks, but I don't really eat mushrooms in particular." He then gave a grin towards Arc, then landed near the basket, laid his head onto the patch of grass and closed his eyes. He didn't fall asleep, though. He just rested to recover his energy for the next day.

As the whole group rested, the familiar sound of rain muffled the burning of the forest.

As she lay below the crevice, Tras dreamed of her home, her family, and her friends. She felt an immense feeling of homesickness. Then she dreamed of her new friends. She felt a strong feeling of belonging and she was filled with happiness again.