Griffin_Lokison

And All Creation Wept [Closed]

Mikesha hopped up and down, excited that they were now making a move to go adventuring. "I'll help get something to carry the egg with, Tras," he declared. "Is it okay if I ride on your back?" The misfit pygmy was really small, so travel was difficult. Even with flying, he'd only last a little while. "But shouldn't we hide the egg so no one takes it?"

Arc came back with the map in his mouth.

"I gosh tshe map!"

He took it out.
"Where are we supposed to go, again?"

He studied the (kind of wet) map for a moment.

"I don't know of any place that would make sense..."

"Sure Mike," replied Tras, "maybe Arc and our new dragon friend can watch over the egg, while we look for a basket or something in the house." Tras bowed her left wing to let Mike climb on. "Watch the egg carefully," said Tras as she with Mike on her back padded up towards the rundown cottage that was once Lavada's.

Mike cheered as he climbed up her wing and got comfortable on Tras's back. He looked back at Arc and Coffin. "We'll be back soon!" He exclaimed as he then turned back around and watched the cottage draw near once again. He was anxious to make a very comfortable carrying device for the egg.

As the two walked through the door they realized their search might be a little difficult. Looking around Tras saw part of the wall coming off, floorboards missing, and parts of the ceiling sticking out of the floor. As Tras approached a very large price of the roof that had proposed itself against the wall, she noticed a handle sticking out on the other side. "Look a handle!" she exclaimed. "I can't fit through the hole, though," said Tras, "maybe you can fit Mike?"

Mike was also looking around for any good materials. His eyes focused on the the thing Tras had found. "On it!" He declared before fluttering off her back and settling on the ground again. His small bounds took him over to the gap, where he wiggled inside. He wrapped his mouth around the wooden handle and tugged. He slowly, but surely, dragged the item free.

"It's...a wooden basket!" cried Tras as she jumped for joy. "Let's take it back, Mike, and show the others what we found!" said an excited Tras as she bent her wing down again.

Edited by Efernium

Mike nodded, ecstatic. He dragged the basket up her wing with him before settling in again, still holding the basket in his mouth. He was so happy it was so simple to find a basket, the simplest form of carrying things. He adjusted his hold on it as they returned to their friends.

Arc sat on the egg, covering it entirely with his body.

"I will protect this egg with my life."

His eyes sparkled.

"With. My. Life."

"Hey guys look what we found," cried Tras, "it's a basket!" As Tras came to a stop next to the others, she pointed her nose towards the direction of the little Pygmy holding the basket. Letting Mike, with the basket down Tras said, "What if we filled the basket with grass, guys? So the egg will be comfortable?" 

Coffin nodded, her eyes shining in anticipation of the adventure that they would go on. She began to pull blades of grass from a patch nearby. I wonder where they are going? Coffin thought. When she had gathered a suitable pile of grass, she turned towards the other dragons so that she could ask. Upon doing so, she realized that she had not introduced herself. "I'm Coffin!" she squeaked. Who cared if it was a bit late for introductions? Not Coffin. 

"Hello Coffin!" said Tras, "And thanks for the grass." Tras then, took the grass from the little black dragon and placed it in the basket in the shape of a nest. When she walked over to the egg to put it in the basket, she saw Arc on top. "Um...is it OK if I put the egg in the basket?"

//I might be inactive for a few days, Tras will simply follow the group of friends on their adventure till I join back in.

"Hm?"

He looked down at the egg.

"Oh, oh. Yes, absolutely."

He got up and put the egg in the basket.

"Well, uh... Let's go. Don't say anything about that."

Mike looked down in the basket, at all the grass in it, then the egg inside. "I don't think the egg likes the grass," he said, sensing a motion inside the egg. The egg itself gave a little wiggle. Mikesha lifted his head looked up at everybody. "What was wrong with the makeshift nest we had it in while we were figuring things out?" He pointed his nose at the slightly flattened nest of sticks, leaves, and moss where Arc had been sitting on the egg.

"I did sit on it..."

He thinks.

"Maybe it liked me sitting on it??"

He looked at the egg.

"Do you want me to... Keep you warm?"

Coffin, meanwhile, had gotten distracted by a duckling. She tilted her head. The duck tilted its head. She jumped, and again the duck mimicked her. Coffin decided that 

this meant she and the duck had become friends. "Come on, Little Duck!" Coffin said, heading back towards the others. Little Duck followed, imitating coffin's steps.

//I'm back!!!! 

"What a cute duckling!" exclaimed Trasyrt, immediately distracted. After ahout 5 minutes of jumping around the duckling, picking it up, and carefully playing around with it, she came back to reality and to the task they were setting out to do "*Clears her throat*, Anyway, I think we should try putting the egg back into the other makeshift nest." After Tras slowly moved the egg from the grass in the basket, she placed the egg into the previous makeshift nest. After doing so, Tras puts the egg and nest carefully into the basket.

//Hi. No, I don't think so, I am waiting to see if others will respond, but if not, I guess I'll go.

Coffin spun around with glee. "Where are we going?" she asked the dragon closest to her, a Royal Blue. "Oh! And what's your name?" she questioned with a smile.

Mikesha had become more distracted with making sure the eggling was nice and comfortable. "No, I don't think it wants you to sit on it, Arc...." Then he watched Tras move things around, getting the nest into the basket, along with the egg. He pressed the side of his head against the egg again before falling into the basket alongside it. "Oof..." He sat up and poked his head out of the top of the basket, looking at the black marrow. "I'm Mikesha, but call me Mike. I really like your duckling. I myself want a little chicken." He slid back down in the nest, pressed up against the egg. From the depths of the nest, he said, "I think we should head to the western lands of volcanoes. It is said that the evil army hasn't reached there yet. It could be a perfect base for Reina and the good army."

Edited by Griffin_Lokison

//I hope I'm not posting too much...

"Thanks, Mike!" Coffin made a mental note t give the first chicken she saw to him. If she saw a chicken. "Oooh, volcanoes!" Really, Coffin would be fine no matter where they were going or what they were doing. Even if it was going to face an evil army that outnumbered them by far. Coffin called Little Duck over. Little Duck came hopping.

"Well to the valcanos we go!" said an excited Trasyrt. "By the way, my name is Trasyrt or Tras, for short." Tras flew to the top of the basket and grabbed the handles. With a tug, she managed to get the basket up into the air. Tras turned back to Arc and asked, "Which direction do we have to go?

From behind a tree a mysterious figure watched as the dragons decided which way to go. Slowly she crept out from her hiding place and thought it would be best if she introduced herself.  "Hi! My name is Astro. I'm a great explorer and I have one question. What's that, that thing in the basket?"

Startled by the voice Tras nearly dropped the basket. As she slowly lowered it to the ground she turned to the clump of trees from where the sudden voice came from. Being hesitant Tras replied, "It's an egg." As Tras looked over the little dragon, her excitement of a new friend overcame her fear of a possible foe. She quickly bounded over to the new dragon and screeched to a stop beside her. "Hi, my name is Tras. Nice to meet you Astro! Where are you from?...," soone Tras realized she was being rude and slowly moved back from the new dragon, with emberassment.