InfiniteGalaxiezz05

Question about the mechanics of Hatchling growth

There's no set amount. Most of my adults grow up with anywhere from 3k to 7k views, less than 1k unique views and only a few clicks. Keep in mind hatchlings can't grow up until they go below the 4 day mark.

While there is no set amount, and amounts can vary widely, there are some factors to consider. The lower the hatchling's timer, the less stats it will need to mature/grow. And the opposite is true as well. So, a hatchling with 5 days left may not get wings until 4k views, but a hatchling with 4 days left may get wings with significantly less. 

Also, certain breeds seem to be more stubborn then others. I've had many Avatars get below 4 days, with over 5k views, with no wings. My Prize dragons also seem to be very stubborn about getting to the next stage, whether it's hatching or growing wings or growing up.

Except for some breeds, like HeatherMarie said, I typically see mine grow to their gendered stage 5 days and x hours. The numbers vary wildly though. 

Clicks aren't that important. I have several that only have 1 click. Views are necessary, but clicks aren't. 

You can check other people's scrolls to see the stats of their dragons. If they have frozen ungendered hatchlings, you get an idea of how many stats they needed for hatching.

Honestly it depends on a lot of factors: how old it is, whether it was incubated or not, what breed it is. but in the range of 500-1000 uvs, and probably 2-3k views minimum.  Clicks are even more tricky because they aren't needed at all, but more clicks equals less needed views. And no matter how much it gets it can't hatch until under four days and can't grow up till the same.  Gendering is usually around 5 and half days at the earliest.

I think it's partly a matter of rarity.  Witness: 8,388 vs 2,113 views.  Both are fairly recent.  Also depends on time left.  Huh, I should run some experiments sometime, see if I can produce some ridiculously high or low numbers.

10 hours ago, Pilauli said:

I think it's partly a matter of rarity.  Witness: 8,388 vs 2,113 views.  Both are fairly recent.  Also depends on time left.  Huh, I should run some experiments sometime, see if I can produce some ridiculously high or low numbers.

Prizes, GoNs, Avatars and Zyus need more stats for hatching and growing - but so do some Luminae and Nhiostrifes (it seems random for those two breeds).

Other rares like Golds, Silvers and Xenos don't have that issue.

One other hatchling question that I decided to post here because it is very closely related: For some reason, a while back, two not-very-rare hatchlings died despite not being sick and having their wings. Why? I am 1000% sure I did not kill them accidentally. Here's the scroll (I think their gravestones are still there: here )

Edited by InfiniteGalaxiezz05
wrong link

13 minutes ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

One other hatchling question that I decided to post here because it is very closely related: For some reason, a while back, two not-very-rare hatchlings died despite not being sick and having their wings. Why? I am 1000% sure I did not kill them accidentally. Here's the scroll (I think their gravestones are still there: here )

You have posted the wrong link to the scroll. That link just takes everyone to their own scroll.

The link you need is dragcave.net/user/YOUR SCROLL NAME

16 minutes ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

One other hatchling question that I decided to post here because it is very closely related: For some reason, a while back, two not-very-rare hatchlings died despite not being sick and having their wings. Why? I am 1000% sure I did not kill them accidentally. Here's the scroll (I think their gravestones are still there: here )

How many sites did you post your hatchlings to? As far as I understand, mature hatchlings can still die from lack of views. It's possible you just got enough for them to mature, but not enough for them to grow into adults.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You have posted the wrong link to the scroll. That link just takes everyone to their own scroll.

The link you need is dragcave.net/user/YOUR SCROLL NAME

Fixed it, check the  original post

Just now, Nove NuVonde said:

How many sites did you post your hatchlings to? As far as I understand, mature hatchlings can still die from lack of views. It's possible you just got enough for them to mature, but not enough for them to grow into adults.

I posted them to two very active sites, and if you notice, the pink dragon above them has the same amount of views, and yet grew to adulthood.

Those hatchlings ran out of time (which would have been my guess, but I wanted to be sure.) They died 7 days after they hatched. Just because they get their wings does not mean they will be able to grow up. And each dragon has different needs, so just because one dragon can grow up with that many views, others may not be able to.

If they were on two active sites for the whole 7 days they should have had enough views. But you can't just assume that you can put them in a hatchery or two and forget them. You need to keep an eye on their timer. If they get under 3 days and haven't grown up yet, you need to post them somewhere else or add them to a hatchery ER.

Edited by purplehaze

They didn't have enough views for the time left. You are rather lucky the pink made it, in my view.