borntobefree

Dead egg

I thought dead eggs are supposed to drop off your list after 24 hours or so, its been 4 days and this dead egg is still on my list, and blocking me from getting a 5th egg, i had breed two dragons and they made an egg but the next day it dropped off my list because the dead egg was still there, so it cost me one of my bred dragons eggs, and its still locking up one of my egg counts. How do i get this dead egg off my list?

Assuming the scroll with the same name is you, you have a bronze trophy, so you should be able to have 5 eggs. So that doesn't make sense. Did you have 15 growing things at the time? Having too many hatchings can prevent you from being able to have full egg slots.

Killed eggs take up a slot for 24 hours only, but they stay on your scroll for 2 weeks. They disappear automatically after exactly 2 weeks from the time they died. If it had been over 24 hours you shouldn't have lost a bred egg, can you tell us exactly what happened with that bred egg? Did it give the auto-abandon message, or were you able to keep it but then it disappeared later?

@HeatherMarie

@Dragon_Arbock 

I had it on my scroll for about 4 hours then it disappeared (the bred egg), it did not give the auto abandoned egg message, I checked the activity log as well and it says it was abandoned, and make no mistake i did not abandon it, and i had it on my list for about 4 or 5 hours before it disappeared and yes i keep trying to get a 5th egg but it says i am full up, and only have 9 growing dragons at the moment and i should be able to have up to 15 and 5 of those an egg, I know its not supposed to work that way, Its why Its a problem, how do I get it to stop locking up my egg count, I'm trying to get pink dragons and so far have missed 4 of them in the last 3 day!! so annoying., second time this has happened to me, happened once back at the beginning of when i first came here.

Hm, if you're sure nobody else has access to your account and didn't abandon the egg for you, then this might be a glitch.

@Dragon_Arbock Yes, I'm pretty sure it is a glitch, kind of need a moderator or some to fix this, wish they coud get me back my bred egg as well, but I'll settle for just having my 5th egg slot unlocked.

hmmm seems i was able to just pickup a 5th egg, lets see if it will stay on my list or drop off in a few hours.

@DragonLady86 thanks didn't know the mods couldn't do anything, not sure if its been fixed or not, had all my new eggs and everyone fogged. I'll have to wait and see if i keep the 5 eggs, heres hoping, thanks for your info btw, I'm still new here and not sure of all the specifics of the site(s) yet.

15 hours ago, borntobefree said:

@HeatherMarie

@Dragon_Arbock 

I had it on my scroll for about 4 hours then it disappeared (the bred egg), it did not give the auto abandoned egg message, I checked the activity log as well and it says it was abandoned, and make no mistake i did not abandon it, and i had it on my list for about 4 or 5 hours before it disappeared and yes i keep trying to get a 5th egg but it says i am full up, and only have 9 growing dragons at the moment and i should be able to have up to 15 and 5 of those an egg, I know its not supposed to work that way, Its why Its a problem, how do I get it to stop locking up my egg count, I'm trying to get pink dragons and so far have missed 4 of them in the last 3 day!! so annoying., second time this has happened to me, happened once back at the beginning of when i first came here.

The only eggs abandoned by you were indeed abandoned from your IP (the same one you've been using on the site and the same one you posted in this thread from).

Oops. So either you slipped up or someone in your house...

Better change your password.

TJ09  I did not abandon that one dragon, but i did do two others, on purpose, the one egg i bred for was number 6 if you counted the dead egg, it was there for a few hours then disappeared, i live alone, atm, so no one else could have done it, and i did not accidentally do it. I was happy with that bred egg, i got exactly what I wanted. I have ditched a few since then,because the bredding did not produce the one  wanted.

Did you breed a multiclutch with celestials that may have auto-abandoned? :o

Have you checked your action log?

If it had been abandoned due to egg-lock, you should see a message like this:

1385861596_ScreenShot2018-11-23at1_54_47AM.thumb.png.5b565f2fed6a6a9164a6f11a0f5a1813.png

Otherwise, it may be you abandoned it by mistake while you were clearing out others.

yes, the action log says it was abandoned, but i did not abandon it, it was on my wall for 4 hours and then up and disappeared, and no one was in my house too abandon it.

and i only had 4 eggs and one dead egg,  the dead egg was 2 days old, about 36 hours dead, The breeding worked initially, but again it dropped off my list, and again I did not abandon it. Doesn't matter now, now i aam able to get my 5 eggs, but i would have liked to keep that bred egg. Thanks anyway.

If your log shows it as abandoned, it was abandoned by someone logged in to your scroll. Either you (accidentally)  or someone else who was either in your home, or POSSIBLY who managed to log in from outside. Keep a close eye - and perhaps change your password.

Something to check is if you possibly did it thinking you were doing something else instead, e.g. if you were trying to hide it or something. Many players have clicked the wrong action at some point and even - with brain on autopilot - confirmed it without reading what they were confirming there.

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Something to check is if you possibly did it thinking you were doing something else instead, e.g. if you were trying to hide it or something. Many players have clicked the wrong action at some point and even - with brain on autopilot - confirmed it without reading what they were confirming there.

Guilty.  This is especially easy to do if you have your password required to do actions, instead of the action name.  The page looks almost identical for all actions so it is easy to do.

I actually have done that before, abandoned when i meant to fog, but there is no one else in my house, JT says it was from my ip, but again no one is in my house, and it had been on my wall, I actually think it was a glitch that's showing up like i abandoned it, like I had a bunch of Halloween that just up and disappeared, and nothing is on my log about them at all, but at this point its a "whatever" and time to move on kind of thing. I think the kill and abandoned buttons maybe should be on a different page.

Thanks anyway for the input, I actually managed to catch a couple of similar white eggs on the abandoned page that are like the one i lost so its all good at this point. makes me wonder if there is someone doing the alternative to the linage I'm trying to do, lol.

Is there a way to message people directly from the eggs?

No, the only thing you could is if they list their scrollname on the page, you can see if they have the same forum name and message them here. Not everyone uses the same forum name as their scrollname, but many do, myself included.

I figured that's how it was, dang, oh well guess I'll have to do it myself, lol. thanks for the answer purpledragonclaw.

4 hours ago, borntobefree said:

like I had a bunch of Halloween that just up and disappeared, and nothing is on my log about them at all,

Were these bred Halloween eggs?  you have to pick one to keep from each breeding and the others are abandoned.  If you don't pick one you lose them all.

No not bred, I haven't been around that long to have any, these where in the holiday biome. Don't recall what its name was but it was two of the same kind, sucks because i don't have that kind now, but i got at least one of everything else. Oh well guess there's next year!!