Dragon_Arbock

Lumina Breeding Issue?

So, I just bred 19 Lumina x Lumina pairs and got 0 eggs. Not even dark luminas, just nothing. Is there a time of day the game gets confused and doesn't know what to produce or is this just really unlucky?

Not that I have many luminas, but all my attempts just failed as well. I haven't heard of this before.

All my Lumina x Lumina pairs failed too - but Lumina to other breeds delivered Lumina eggs.

Tried 3 5 7 pair Lumina x Lumina: 3 no egg, 1 3 4 refused (duh).

Tried 3 pair of dark Lumina x dark Lumina: 3 no egg

Edit: tried a few more.  Note: None of the pairs was influenced.

Edited by QVic

Huh...

I try both pure Dark Lumina and Lumina, got nothing. (I even try Dark and Lumina, also got nothing.)

Lumina Breeding is based on Cirion Lunar phases and current phase is Waxing Gibbous which is when you are more likely to get (normal) Luminae. Also today is when the phase change to Full Moon phase, when the probability to get Luminae is the strongest.

Unfortunately, Luminae have been around considerably longer than Dark Luminae, and as such, have a much bigger population. It might a pure ratio issue making it hard to get any Luminae eggs right now. 

It always seemed harder to get Luminae eggs based on the data in the Dark Lumina Breeding thread.

So... *shrug*

Edit: I'd check myself, but I don't have a Luminae family PB pairs.

Edited by Shokomon
Link edit

Yes, but we have been getting no luminas of either kind. THAT's what's so weird.

There is a very, very small chance to get Dark Lumina during this time, so I actually wouldn't expect Darks at all. (Like the data from the current spreadsheet only has 5 Dark Lumina eggs reported from Day 14 to Day 1 of the Cirion cycle, which is when we currently stand in.)

It is weird not to get any Lumina eggs at all.

But we have hardly tapped the entire Dragon Cave Base here... 

I have no idea how to check though.

Since the confirmation of the breeding pattern by Corteo, there hasn't been an update to the spreadsheet since August.

Edit: Made an post about on the issue on the breeding thread. Any other suggested places to ask?

Edited by Shokomon

Regardless of moon phases or whatever, it does seem extremely odd that multiple people are having issues with *no* Luminas, of either color. And that the issue seems to be restricted to purebred breeding. That does seem to point to a problem more then just bad luck or moon phases. 

Out of the 5 that I just tried, got 'no interest' or 'no egg' every time. Both light/light and light/dark pairings.

edit: 5 more pairings tried, nothing.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Tried 12 pairings - zero eggs

Bred 4 light pairs and 2 dark pairs of purebred Luminae, all bred with the "no egg" message.

13 pairs tried, all some combination of Lumina and Dark Lumina. Mostly pure, but a few Lumina x Dark.

12 no-eggs, 1 refusal. I don't think a single was a disinterest.

Still breeding, will edit after maint.

Edit- Final stats:

Bred: 40

No egg: 32

Refusal: 4

Disinterest: 2

Egg: 2

First egg was at 3:31 cave time, on the 35th breeding. Pure Lumina x Lumina. Produced Lumina.

Second egg was at 3:34, 38th breeding, pure Dark x Dark. Produced Lumina.

I had three female Dark Luminae left over and for fun bred them to non-Luminae. One produced a Lumina egg, one produced the mate's species, and one was no-egg.

Uh, yeah... something's wrong. Or was wrong. May have been fixed.

Edited by Keileon

same here:

10 attempts just now, 10 "no egg"s.

(just for fun, i bred the 11th to a shimmer -- and got a shimmer. it is the first shimmer that particular pair has ever produced.)

20 PB lumina pairs produced no egg.

4 bred to other breeds produced eggs - 2 lumina and 2 of the other breed, and one bred to another breed was not interested. 

saw this so i thought i'd have a try. bred most of my cb ones, and got no egg, then the second last pair gave me an egg, much to my surprise. so i tried the last pair, and got another egg. 

so if anyone needs a couple of pb luminas, let me know :D

Did you get dark or light ? (Just looked - light.) For the record.

yes, both light. i was so amazed to see them. i bred four pairs and got no egg, before i got those two.

Maybe yesterday, they were all on vacation, afraid of the moonlight.

I did see Light Luminae drop in the cave though.

i found a couple more cb luminas to breed, and this time from two pairs of dark and light luminas, i got one light lumina egg, and one no egg. 

Both my CB pairs just successfully bred true:

light: https://dragcave.net/lineage/XhAcj

dark: https://dragcave.net/lineage/j5jh6

Wish the Spinel PB breeding issue https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/183496-spinel-breeding-bug/ was fixed merely 1/100th this soon:<  it's been over a year for poor magenta Spinels breeding nothing together but greens and never the supposedly default magentas... https://dragcave.net/lineage/JiQEF

Edited by VixenDra