angelicdragonpuppy

Seasonal BSA: Sightseeing (out of season Seasonals)

Seasoning XD

Time affinity could also, you know, help a Seasonal get in the right mood for breeding the desired egg. Similar to an Aeon creating an illusion of the future of an egg, a Seasonal could create an illusion of a past season for itself, with according climate and weather and everything. The biggest human organ for procreation is the brain - it may be the same with dragons.

And there we have it: roleplaying dragons :lol:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Seasoning XD

Time affinity could also, you know, help a Seasonal get in the right mood for breeding the desired egg. Similar to an Aeon creating an illusion of the future of an egg, a Seasonal could create an illusion of a past season for itself, with according climate and weather and everything. The biggest human organ for procreation is the brain - it may be the same with dragons.

And there we have it: roleplaying dragons :lol:

“Baby, it’s COLD outside.”

Idk, I still don’t really support this idea. I feel like it’s such a shame to strip away the one thing that makes the Seasonals unique. It kinda feels like making a BSA to choose which colour of CB Firegem you get regardless of time. I appreciate that Seasonals work in a specific way and don’t think tampering with it is really justified.

54 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Idk, I still don’t really support this idea. I feel like it’s such a shame to strip away the one thing that makes the Seasonals unique. It kinda feels like making a BSA to choose which colour of CB Firegem you get regardless of time. I appreciate that Seasonals work in a specific way and don’t think tampering with it is really justified.

I'm with Grey. They are different - we can work with that.

I agree with Grey too... This does strip them of their most significant feature and removes the gratification of waiting until the season changes so you can breed the next season of dragon since you can do it all year round anyways

I understand the frustration of working with seasonals. I missed a whole year of my Spring x Arsani lineage because I forgot to breed the Spring mate during its season. I also had to wait a whole 9 months to continue an Autumn x Harvest lineage when the parents of the last Autumn I needed to finish it gave me no egg at the last chance of the season.

Still, I really don't want to see this change. It makes sense the way it is. This proposed change is just an obvious work-around and changes the whole character of the dragons. 

I even remember the year winters just did not drop. Now THAT was frustrating - but even so - still no support.

The season thing is of course a huge part of what makes Seasonals, well, Seasonals, but that's exactly why I put in place such major limitations to the BSA. A month long cooldown + the possibility of no egg / other breed / wrong season means that this would be absolutely a hail Mary for those who really botched up their Seasonal plans rather than a replacement of the norm. Even if everything went perfect (which is unlikely), you can only get 3 out-of-season Seasonals per season, max, versus 12+ during their season.

If any breach of normal breeding behavior is considered ruining to the breed's integrity, though, then unfortunately there's not much of an ideological compromise I can offer. Some of us might like this, some might not, and I don't think any variant of the suggestion can change the two camps between black and white.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Even if everything went perfect (which is unlikely), you can only get 3 out-of-season Seasonals per season, max, versus 12+ during their season.

*cough* Celestial mates *cough*

1 hour ago, olympe said:

*cough* Celestial mates *cough*

You can still only get 3. Others might catch a few extras from the AP, but you, personally, would only get 3.

True enough. But it would increase your chances by quite a bit.

I do not think this is a good idea. Out-of-season eggs means you can build a seasonal lineage on anytime of the year. Seasonal Dragons only obtainable during season is their unique feature. Adding this BSA will make destroy this idea of "seasonal dragons". 

Hence, i do not agree with adding this new BSA. 

On 11/22/2018 at 3:17 AM, Dragon_Arbock said:

If this happens at all I think it should only be able to bring back eggs of the opposite season- as in, if it's say, winter in the northern hemisphere, it's summer in the southern hemisphere. You could do it based on climate visited, but then it becomes 'climate dragons' and not 'seasonal dragons'.. so I'd say just make it based on hemispheres.

I would much prefer this. Fits the lore a lot better, and is great for many players in the southern hemisphere that want their seasonal to match their weather.

(After all, the xmas event does show that there are towns/places in the south! )