Dragon_Arbock

Show all growing things when clicking on "Growing Dragons" link

Something I think would be useful, We have a page that shows all the BB codes, but that's hidden away in the account settings. Meanwhile the thing that says "Growing Dragons" only leads to a page that shows trophy limits and nothing more.

What would be most useful is if all growing things displayed on the "Growing Dragons" page, and if the time left was also shown, all on one page. I would say merge the /code2 and /help/egglimits pages, but also display the time remaining for each thing.

Now, you could say you could just use a hatchery like AonD to show all eggs and hatchlings with time remaining, but this doesn't work if your things are fogged, and with all the view bombing still going on, I wouldn't keep my things unfogged anymore. Besides, it would be best to not have to use a source outside of the game to do this.

Basically what I'm asking is

-show all growing things on the /help/egglimits page

-include how much time each growing thing has left instead of having to check each fogged dragon's page individually

I don't really think this is necessary? You can filter to show only growing things by using the 'eggs/unfrozen hatchlings' filter. While I agree it would be nice to be able to see at a glance how much time everything has, I'm not sure it's necessary to change the 'growing things' link for that. The time could just as easily be added to the filter page, I'd think. 

@HeatherMarie I don't know how well it'd work on the filter page. Maybe? But the /egglimits page seems like it'd be perfect for this feature since it already lists how many eggs and hatchlings you have- I can't imagine why it doesn't also show them.

But whatever way, the idea is to have the time shown without having to click on at max 24 things individually to see it.

Honestly, the /egglimits page is fairly plain and simple, and I'd prefer it to stay that way. It's very easy to load even when internet sucks, there are very few pictures/images/sprites to draw your eye, it's just a simple page to quickly check your limits. I'd much rather the time be shown on an actual scroll page, among all the other information already there. (Though I do believe at one point TJ mentioned adding more info on scroll pages would make it too crowded, so...)

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Honestly, the /egglimits page is fairly plain and simple, and I'd prefer it to stay that way. It's very easy to load even when internet sucks, there are very few pictures/images/sprites to draw your eye, it's just a simple page to quickly check your limits. I'd much rather the time be shown on an actual scroll page, among all the other information already there. (Though I do believe at one point TJ mentioned adding more info on scroll pages would make it too crowded, so...)

This. And as HeatherMarie says,  we have that filter to show them all, and to add times etc would be very - too -  cluttered. Use a hatchery if you need to see all that at once. I'd far rather have "hide/unhide all",  do that, nick over to a hatchery, check, and then hide again.

I made this a while ago (for a different thread I suppose) and I think it would work in the filtered (hatchlings/eggs) view:

suggestion_filteredgrowing_timeleft.png

The height of the rows would not change because there are two lines of text (Actions/Hide) already anyway.

Adding the time right below the stage would make sense IMO because both are information about the dragon's growth.

38 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

I made this a while ago (for a different thread I suppose) and I think it would work in the filtered (hatchlings/eggs) view:

suggestion_filteredgrowing_timeleft.png

The height of the rows would not change because there are two lines of text (Actions/Hide) already anyway.

Adding the time right below the stage would make sense IMO because both are information about the dragon's growth.

love this, could just be a part of the regular scroll view as for me, I often mess up with my stuff because times aren't shown like that

@Fuzzbucket But I'd rather not depend on an offsite tool for this. Something like this should be built into the site itself.

The mockup scroll doesn't look half bad. If something like that were implemented rather than on the egglimts page I wouldn't complain.