Curatrix

Forum Message Notification Icon for Main Site

So on the upper right corner of the main site, there's basic information for stuff like your scroll name, the number of shards you have, clock, and etc. I think it would be nice if we could have a small forum notification icon integrated up there as well so we know when we have new PM's to check on instead of having to go to the forum to check. It could also have a small number right beside it that tell you how many new messages you have. I thought it would be a nice feature so I decided to suggest it. :) 

Edited by Curatrix
Forgot the message counter part.

The cave page CANNOT have  direct communication with the forum - it's also why we can't PM people in the trade area. It's something nixed by TJ's job. I suspect this is why it hasn't happened and why it won't happen.

(This might be browser specific)

If I keep the forum open in a tab somewhere while I'm on another tab (e. g. the cave site) then I'll here a little sound whenever there is a new post in a thread I'm in or when I get a message :o

Alternatively, mark on the settings that you want to receive an email when sb sends you a PM (and have maybe your phone set up in a way where you will be notified when there's an email from that account).

On site communication won't be implemented, as Fuzz has already told you (and why).