HeatherMarie

Purchasing an egg from the Market should show up in Action Log

Just what the title says. I realize that grabbing an egg from the cave or AP doesn't show in the Action Log, but I very much think that purchasing an egg should. You are spending shards, sometimes a very large amount of shards, and the egg cannot be traded away, and 'all purchases are final', so I really really think it should show in the Action Log. It's a very important action, much moreso then many actions already logged. (And this way you could easily check what you bought, or when, if you are blanking on that info, or if a sibling or such may have bought it...)

Support! I haven't purchased anything from the Market yet and didn't know it didn't do that. This seems like something that should definitely be in the Action Log, just like getting a receipt from a store.

35 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Support! I haven't purchased anything from the Market yet and didn't know it didn't do that. This seems like something that should definitely be in the Action Log, just like getting a receipt from a store.

I HAVE bought a few things in the Market and hadn't realized it didn't, BUT I agree that it SHOULD because, as you say, there should be 'reciept' or 'bill of sale' of some sort recording the purchase.

Yes, I just realized it didn't show up on my Action Log and found it strange! It's something permanent (because even if you decide to abandon the egg you bought, the shards are gone forever), so I think it would be logical to have it written on our Action Log. Agreed 100%.

Big Bump!

Please? Pretty please? This doesn't seem like a huge ask, does it? Spending months worth of shards *should* be logged. The Action Log is currently the only way we have of confirming most actions, and buying something in the Market is a fairly Big Action I think and I don't understand why it isn't logged.

It makes sense to me as well. I've saved for give or take a few years to buy a gold (cause I wasn't as active)

Had no idea it DIDN'T show since I don't buy much from the market, but definitely support!

Support.

Or for those who might not want something like this potentially cluttering up their action log...just add a 'shard history' log or somethinf6

I want to be able to choose what it shows. "Hide", "unhide", "name" - WHY ? But yes, purchases should show. Though in fact no acquisitions are listed except trades.

Yes, please. I've bought a few things from the store and it would be great for keeping track. 

On 11/5/2018 at 12:22 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Just what the title says. I realize that grabbing an egg from the cave or AP doesn't show in the Action Log, but I very much think that purchasing an egg should. You are spending shards, sometimes a very large amount of shards, and the egg cannot be traded away, and 'all purchases are final', so I really really think it should show in the Action Log. It's a very important action, much moreso then many actions already logged

What the OP said.  I agree completely. :D

Support. Benefits the game as it gives a "proof" of what is/has been done on a persons account so then if someone were to forget what happened they can go look at their action log instead of freaking out and going to the mods. 

On 3/23/2021 at 5:41 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I want to be able to choose what it shows. "Hide", "unhide", "name" - WHY ? But yes, purchases should show. Though in fact no acquisitions are listed except trades.

This! Especially the "abandoned".

Totally agree with the OP.

Totally since its a seperated thing from AP & cave grabs AND costs shards

I want to keep track of shard spending & we got enough threads of people wondering if they accidentally double bought something due to lag and this would easily confirm that yes, it happend

I also support this idea. Just like trading or abandoning is permanent, so is spending your shards at the marketplace. Completely deserves to be included in the actions log.

I've collected quite the handful of screenshots at this point, as a work-around so I at least have *some* real log of Market purchases (for me it's easier to screenshot purchases than keep up with a spreadsheet or something). It's frustrating to me that the Action Log can be overrun with rather useless entries (entire pages with just abandon-logs...) but such a large 'buying' action isn't logged at all. 

Yes please. My memory is terrible and this would be helpful haha. 

Support. I also kinda hope that grabbing an egg from cave or AP could also show up in action log. My current workaround is to fog an egg after I caught it, but it would be nice to have it logged.

I support. 

I'm surprised this hasn't been considered after several years..