Naraku

Shard Glitch?

(Not related to the extra 1-2 shards exceeding the limit bug) Also I always reach the limit every week, ending up with even amount of shards (900, 1200, etc)

Just noticed the shards were behaving weirdly. I currently have 904 shards with 27 still left to collect. I'll end up with 931. I never got the extra shard bug. Other users seem to be experiencing the same problem.

5a6805178a.png

Additionally, before making this thread, I had 901 shards. I randomly gained 3 shards without doing anything: didn't catch from ap/cave nor breed anything, and dragons didn't hatch/grow up at the time.

Edited by Naraku

Yeah, something definitely strange with the shard count right now. I currently have 2605, though I'm pretty sure the cutoff for this week should be 2600, and it says I've earned 99 of the 100 weekly limit. Since I've never bought anything and always hit the limit, that doesn't make sense.

edit: I'm now at 2606 and I've stopped earning shards, the bar is at 100% and I didn't get any more shards when breeding. Not sure exactly what's going on, just adding information.

Edited by HeatherMarie

My shard count is acting weird tonight too. Jumped to 2612 from 2600, kinda seemed like my weekly got partially reset somehow(?) and I ended up earning an extra 12 shards. I haven't had any issues with the shard count behaving odd before.

edit: Now that I think about it, I was experiencing some odd site behavior earlier too. Like when I tried to see any dragon's /view page, it gave me the tombstone rip error. Works fine right now but I wonder if there was some glitch that struck my account briefly and messed up my shards.

Edited by Terces

The count does reset on Sundays. Just saying...

I know, but I max out every week so my limit should not be 100% at 2612.

edit: Well, now you got me second guessing myself... what is the maximum amount of shards someone can earn if they've been hoarding them since the beginning? Cause either I got an extra 12 this week or lost the chance to get 88 more this week, but regardless something weird happened last night.

Edited by Terces

36 minutes ago, Terces said:

I know, but I max out every week so my limit should not be 100% at 2612.

edit: Well, now you got me second guessing myself... what is the maximum amount of shards someone can earn if they've been hoarding them since the beginning? Cause either I got an extra 12 this week or lost the chance to get 88 more this week, but regardless something weird happened last night.

I'm hoarding them since the beginning and per yesterday you could have a maximum of 2500. With the low-time AP and a lot of dragons growing up yesterday I already hit my limit of 100 for this week and am now at 2600.

Oh. Does this tie in with what MAY be a market glitch just now ?

I hope whatever happens if it is a glitch, we who bought will get to keep our eggs - or at LEAST get back the shards we spent....

Thank Rinoa! Still an odd situation but I'm glad I'm not missing any at least.

Fuzz, I do think it has something to do with the Market weirdness. Hopefully TJ will get all that sorted out.

If he does I hope those of us who took a risk will not be disadvantaged.... :(

The current prices might also just have to do with all the non-holidays dying behind the holiday wall.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I've hatched a couple of eggs from the AP (about 6 now). Last night my shard count was 2612, and now I haven't even gained a shard from picking eggs up from the AP or hatching them.

I have 2622 shards right now. I think there was a glitch related to the time change. 

I have 2600 shards, as I should but my progress bar stands at 28%.

edited to add:  Bred two random dragons and sure enough my shard count increased by 2.  

Edited by daffy

ODD. I purchased a Blue Biakala in the market before and NOW it appears to have ...not happened at all?

Like I was refunded my shards and everything? Very strange. Imma hold off on any purchases just in case some work is being done...

@JavaTigress There was a big Market glitch where rares were priced low, so any purchases made during the glitch period were taken away and refunded. Check News. You should be okay now, I'd think.

13 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

@JavaTigress There was a big Market glitch where rares were priced low, so any purchases made during the glitch period were taken away and refunded. Check News. You should be okay now, I'd think.

Oh! OK.... somehow I missed that notice.

UNFORTUNATELY, I now no longer have QUITE enough to get the egg I bought as the price was raised.

Ah, well. At Least my shards were refunded. Could be worse!

Edited by JavaTigress

I'm at 100% with 1618.  The time change explanation sounds reasonable, although I don't know for sure.  I suppose after all the Halloween eggs get out of my system, maybe I can even it out by deliberately only collecting 82 shards some week.

Anyone else's shard count still not going up? Still says I am at 100% at 2612. Or did I just earn my 100 shards on Sunday without realizing it? Breeding doesn't give me shards either. I haven't missed collecting any shards since they were introduced.

Edited by Tetelestai

7 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Anyone else's shard count still not going up? Still says I am at 100% at 2612. Or did I just earn my 100 shards on Sunday without realizing it? Breeding doesn't give me shards either. I haven't missed collecting any shards since they were introduced.

I'm fairly sure this week sets us at 2600 if you get all your shards this week and haven't spent anything, so you probably got all your shards already. The 12 is a glitch. I have 6 extra.

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

I'm fairly sure this week sets us at 2600 if you get all your shards this week and haven't spent anything, so you probably got all your shards already. The 12 is a glitch. I have 6 extra.

Okay, phew! I guess I didn't realize how many eggs I've hatched the past few days. Thank you for putting my mind at east. I was like, "what? What?? WHAT?!" :D

I'm at 2418 right now, so something borked. I've gotten my 100 every week (this week included), and bought a couple of cheap eggs off the Market awhile back, so that 18 is... odd.

So, any word? I mean, the market is fixed or whatever now, but I still have 24 extra shards. Thing is, I watched my bar go up to 100/100 on sunday; when I checked it monday morning, it started counting again at 76. Were we jus gonna ignore it and hope it doesn't happen again?