Jump to content
IsmaielDeath

WARNING People targeting the tradepost

Recommended Posts

I've had an egg that was in a trade posted in a hatchery without my consent - same seems to be true for a few other users that were using the trade post to look for halloween hatchies. Needless to say the egg hatched and broke the link/the hatchies grew up without being traded.

 

I have no idea where such warnings would go - but if you have time sensitive trades watch out for them. There is at least one troll going around messing up peoples trades.

 

(And if that was you that posted these eggs hatchlings without their owners consent: May your fingers rot off!)

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry that happened to you but unfortunately it's not new.  It's wise to keep an eye on your trade stock and if you trade it's wise to keep an eye on everything on your scroll.  Dunno why TJ refuses to implement a hide growing setting on the scrolls like we have hide adults.

Share this post


Link to post

There are a few different suggestion in the Suggestions section about protecting dragons in teleports, whether by being able to 'fog' them somehow or some other measure. Yeah, it's not new, and unfortunately not even uncommon. It's one of the reasons I never post a trade in the hub if I can't be there to watch my scroll.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry that happened to you, it just happened to my husband too but he caught it in time. I told him to hide his scroll, not sure if that will help?

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, bluedog said:

Would warding an egg before it is offered on a trade link help?

 

Possibly, but ward only lasts 6 hours and can only be used once, so if you ward it then the new owner won't be able to if it gets sick later (I'm *pretty* sure it doesn't wear off in teleports the way influence does...)

Share this post


Link to post

Sadly they managed to get me in my ofline time. I came on to check whether I got an offer or not - just to see my teleport had expired prematurely. I'd been on hiatus for a while and had not realized the risk behind the new trade feature. Its been literal years since I was 'attacked' like this and back then it was someone setting out to 'help' users they knew from a different forum. Alas I had thought this had cooled down. I will be more careful/sceptic in the future.

Share this post


Link to post

@Pheonixxfoxx Hiding your scroll can help but right now with most eggs being super low in time it doesn't protect you completely. In 1 or a few hatcheries low time (ER) eggs can be entered without using the scroll name, unfortunately. :(

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

@Pheonixxfoxx Hiding your scroll can help but right now with most eggs being super low in time it doesn't protect you completely. In 1 or a few hatcheries low time (ER) eggs can be entered without using the scroll name, unfortunately. :(


Thank you for letting me know. I'll tell Rodney, he does have a low time new Halloween egg and has been watching his scroll like a hawk. Looks like the view bombing has stopped for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know why he doesn't just make it so things in a teleport can't get views. that would be the simplest solution. But yeah this has been going on for a little while now.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I don't know why he doesn't just make it so things in a teleport can't get views. that would be the simplest solution. But yeah this has been going on for a little while now.

That would work really well so long as you don't  want anyone to ever make a teleportable ND again.  Unless there was a way to make it optional, and I have no clue  on that.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

That would work really well so long as you don't  want anyone to ever make a teleportable ND again.  Unless there was a way to make it optional, and I have no clue  on that.

Fogging things in teleport. You cannot view the egg, but the page (with a ball of fog, the egg description and - if you unlocked the encyclopedia entry - a link to the breed's entry) and the lineage page.

No?

Share this post


Link to post

The problem I have with fogging things in a trade is then you cannot see the lineage- unless TJ would change that.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, IsmaielDeath said:

Sadly they managed to get me in my ofline time. I came on to check whether I got an offer or not - just to see my teleport had expired prematurely. I'd been on hiatus for a while and had not realized the risk behind the new trade feature. Its been literal years since I was 'attacked' like this and back then it was someone setting out to 'help' users they knew from a different forum. Alas I had thought this had cooled down. I will be more careful/sceptic in the future.

It's not just the new trade feature that is bringing out the trolls.  The problem predates the trading hub.  Beware posting in news/new release threads too.  View bombers use those for hunting grounds, and they can be very persistent.  As in it might take a month or two for them to finally "forget" about your scroll.  PvP takes a very strange turn on Dragon Cave. 

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, olympe said:

Fogging things in teleport. You cannot view the egg, but the page (with a ball of fog, the egg description and - if you unlocked the encyclopedia entry - a link to the breed's entry) and the lineage page.

No?

Once upon a time,  there was a backhanded way to fog things in teleport, but that was removed.  And the egg could not be fogged  during an experiment because it cannot get the views that it does need, nor can people tell if it turns.

Share this post


Link to post

@Imzadi Not to be rude, but I'd think there are ways to do an experiment without relying on keeping an egg in teleport, no? It was possible to make them before teleport, after all. I don't think 'it'll mess with neglecteds' is a reason to disregard a solution that would help the vast majority of people. Sure it would be nice if these solutions could be optional, but especially don't understand why letting others fog during trades would be bad.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

Once upon a time,  there was a backhanded way to fog things in teleport, but that was removed.  And the egg could not be fogged  during an experiment because it cannot get the views that it does need, nor can people tell if it turns.

There was a way to do that? Why didn't I know about that? 

 

When it comes to experiments, though, isn't it standard procedure to only unfog them once you're ready to viewbomb them into ND territory, at which point you also put them up in a teleport for bouncing purposes? Besides, fogged eggs don't turn anyway - or do they?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, olympe said:

There was a way to do that? Why didn't I know about that? 

 

When it comes to experiments, though, isn't it standard procedure to only unfog them once you're ready to viewbomb them into ND territory, at which point you also put them up in a teleport for bouncing purposes? Besides, fogged eggs don't turn anyway - or do they?

It was minimally useful, and I found it by accident.  And yes you do unfog before starting the exp, but how can it turn if it can't get views...and how do the helpers know it has turned if it is fogged?  Neither are possible

Share this post


Link to post

 

8 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

And yes you do unfog before starting the exp, but how can it turn if it can't get views...and how do the helpers know it has turned if it is fogged?

Because, as you pointed out yourself, it isn't fogged once you get started? 

As the suggestion for "fogging things in teleports" said, it should be possible to manually fog an egg/hatchling that's in a teleport in such a way that it's still visible to other players, but doesn't register the views. It's not supposed to be an automatic feature. Additionally, if lineage view and the page view are enabled for fogged stuff in teleports, you've got all your bases covered.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, olympe said:

 

Because, as you pointed out yourself, it isn't fogged once you get started? 

As the suggestion for "fogging things in teleports" said, it should be possible to manually fog an egg/hatchling that's in a teleport in such a way that it's still visible to other players, but doesn't register the views. It's not supposed to be an automatic feature. Additionally, if lineage view and the page view are enabled for fogged stuff in teleports, you've got all your bases covered.

Yes, if it was optional, I'd be fine with that.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not offering this suggestion as your "Answer" but it is what people do currently to deal with the issue, especially on more valuable stuff. They make a "graphic" or "picture" of the lineage (as proof), fog the baby, then post it on forum only trading, maybe some chat platforms trading, and insert the graphic/picture into the post. Obviously it's clipped/cropped so it isn't gigantic. And then you have to take offers via PM because you can't post a teleport trade for something Fogged. I'm sure there will be good solutions in the future, and options that other people have. I know that is very limiting. Some people Post the Trade Only when active, then cancel it and fog it again and leave the graphic and PMs when they are offline. That is currently the "safest" option that exists for things that might have value and are worth the extra work or protection to you. If you feel those actions require too much effort, I'd highly recommend showing your support by posting and/or creating a thread if you have a newer idea or a tweak on another idea that makes it different enough under the "Suggestions Thread."

 

Sorry if that isn't great news, but I wanted to toss that out since it hadn't been already.

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately, if you post an ER trade, you just have to sit there and watch it.  My request on those is usually "Egg goes to the best offer in the next 10/15 minutes."  The time pressure usually leads to a couple of offers (and it's attractive since offerers know that they only have a short wait to see if they won the trade or not).

 

Or like Natayah suggested, post it in the forum and make people PM you for the link.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, in cases of ER eggs, you could simply hatch them and put the hatchies up for trade...

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.