Pitn

Perks

Currently, shards can only be used to buy eggs you already have. I propose a "perk" system, in which users can spend shards for lifetime, and limited time perks. Some examples for these include:

- Auto-Reload eggs on regions (3seconds, 2s, 1s, etc)

- Improving odds at making a vampire, neglected, zombie, etc.

- Temporarily granting you +1 egg slot.

Edited by Pitn

Definitely not for auto-reload (which is actually against the rules) and extra eggslots.

Shards are *not* supposed to give people huge advantages over others. They are not supposed to only benefit the elite, the more 'active' players, or any other group. They are not supposed to give any actual advantages at all, they are simply a guaranteed way of getting something that's available to everyone, if you don't happen to be fast enough or have a bad internet connection or whatever. 

Auto-reload add-ons are against the site rules, so I very much doubt that any sort of auto-reload would be allowed to be bought. An extra eggslot is *way* too big of an advantage, especially if it was used during limited-release holidays. The only one I could kinda-maybe get behind is the improving odds of making 'special' dragons, because that doesn't actually directly disadvantage anyone (and the zombie odds are crap). 

Your purchases are not limited to the eggs you already have. They are limited to the eggs you have unlocked in the encyclopedia. Even if you don't own the eggs you can unlock them by viewing other people's eggs, either on their scrolls or in hatcheries. Observing five eggs will unlock it and make it available for purchase.

ARing is against the rules? That seems weird and arbitrary, given that it is effectively identical to hitting F5 fast. Also, that contradicts what people have said about its use for ND experiments, though I'm not sure of the source for claims going either way.

Regarding the actual suggestion, while I don't agree with permanent perks, small stuff similar to BSAs (e.g. remove 1d from hatchling time) would be fine.

Edited by osmarks

1 hour ago, osmarks said:

ARing is against the rules? That seems weird and arbitrary, given that it is effectively identical to hitting F5 fast. Also, that contradicts what people have said about its use for ND experiments, though I'm not sure of the source for claims going either way.

Regarding the actual suggestion, while I don't agree with permanent perks, small stuff similar to BSAs (e.g. remove 1d from hatchling time) would be fine.

1. using it on your scroll is different than using it to hunt.  an ar can refresh far faster than a human can and 2. the reason we can't talk about making negecteds on site is because of all the blatant rule-breaking that is encouraged every time there was a thread.

but if TJ won't put prize dragons in the market because they aren't available in cave where everyone could get them I sure as heck don't see him giving game-breaking advantages.

9 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

1. using it on your scroll is different than using it to hunt.  an ar can refresh far faster than a human can

… blatant rule-breaking that is encouraged every time there was a thread.

… game-breaking advantages.

Was the last time there was a thread not something like 8 years ago? In any case, the Discord's ND channel seems to be free of that. Also, this isn't particularly relevant.

Anyway, while I'd consider the ones they suggest a bit much, small things which are equivalent or similar to BSAs wouldn't really be game-breaking.

Regarding hunting and ARing, it doesn't matter if you can autorefresh 200 times a second - even if you have enough network bandwidth, it won't let you click faster. I'm pretty sure that my manual hitting of F5 is about as good as AR hunting would be anyway since people are mostly limited by internet latency and speed of clicking.

20 minutes ago, osmarks said:

Was the last time there was a thread not something like 8 years ago? In any case, the Discord's ND channel seems to be free of that. Also, this isn't particularly relevant.

It's relevant when you ask a question, but not when someone answers it? 

Still no support.  We need the rest of the on site dragon available before we even consider adding other "perks".  and even then I don't see why people that have the time to shard hunt should be able to get advantage over others.

3 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

… people that have the time to shard hunt should be able to get advantage over others.

I don't think I asked about why ND discussion was banned on the forums, that's all. Unless you were answering me mentioning the use of ARing for experiments, which basically require it given the really tight constraints for getting a neglected out of them.

It's not as if there's much to getting shards. I think most people find it easy to get 100/week. Besides, presumably people who play the game more should at least do a bit better than ones who check it every month.

I'm on every day and have trouble with the limits.  I just failed to get 100 this past week because of how much time I spent locked.  but sure, I obviously don't "check in" often enough.  -_-

17 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Still no support.  We need the rest of the on site dragon available before we even consider adding other "perks".  and even then I don't see why people that have the time to shard hunt should be able to get advantage over others.

Agree with this. And yes, ARing  the biomes/AP to hunt IS against the rules., but to hatch (or neglect) your own stuff is OK. As I have always understood it and as was confirmed by the much lamented Sockmeister.

1 hour ago, osmarks said:

I don't think I asked about why ND discussion was banned on the forums, that's all. Unless you were answering me mentioning the use of ARing for experiments, which basically require it given the really tight constraints for getting a neglected out of them.

It's not as if there's much to getting shards. I think most people find it easy to get 100/week. Besides, presumably people who play the game more should at least do a bit better than ones who check it every month.

I managed to miss getting 100 this week, with my recent 12 hour days in a restaurant -  too busy even to take a break. breaks =  being here 13 - 14 hours a day. by the time I get home I am too tired to actually play more than saying meow in the HHCYCUAMP thread. I was rather surprised. I did miss the mark.

I wouldn't mind the ability to buy 'perks' that are already available, like BSA-type stuff. Maybe you could buy something that would temporarily extend Ward past 6 hours or something. Stuff like that isn't disadvantaging other users and isn't actually a huge deal in general. But yeah, stuff like auto-refreshing and extra slots, no thanks.

Edited by HeatherMarie

BSA-type stuff would be a good thing - especially around Halloween (or the like), when you've run out of Aeons on standby. ;) 

Buying BSA from the market in some cases, hmm... maybe it could be like "renting" the local market Aeon/Pink/Red/whatever for their BSA only :o Sounds like a concept I'm alright with! (wouldn't use it a lot but in some situations - I'm looking at the super low time eggs 😒 - it would be helpful)

I could possibly get behind BSA for shards. I could see the "rental" aspect being useful for teleports, should a newbie -  for example -  find the necessity.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:00 AM, HeatherMarie said:

I wouldn't mind the ability to buy 'perks' that are already available, like BSA-type stuff. Maybe you could buy something that would temporarily extend Ward past 6 hours or something. Stuff like that isn't disadvantaging other users and isn't actually a huge deal in general. But yeah, stuff like auto-refreshing and extra slots, no thanks.

This'd be my take on it. I can sort of see the REASONING behind 'hiring' a BSA, even!