tjekan

BSA: Certify

Proposal: The Paper dragon gets a BSA to Certify the results of the other BSA's you've used on your hatchling (namely, Influence and Precog.) This then appears as a tiny scroll symbol on the hatchling's page, which a viewer can click to see the certified results.

Reason: I'm so sick of getting traded non-influenced or mis-influenced hatchlings. There isn't even space in the tiny trading box to ASK for correctly influenced things, and there certainly is no way to inform anyone you're trading TO that you've influenced something properly. The more trade shifts off the forums and onto the site, the less information anybody has or can ask for or volunteer, and it's annoying.

And what's the point of having a paper dragon if you can't scribble notes on its scales like a flying post-it dispensary, right? 😉

I'm so sick of getting traded non-influenced or mis-influenced hatchlings.

From what I've read Influence's will go away if you trade the egg.

I want this as a QoL improvement, not a BSA attached to a fairly rare, non-breedable dragon. Honestly rather than a marker it should be simple enough to say on the hatchie's page "this dragon was influenced as an egg to be X/Y" or "a look into this dragon's future showed it would be male" or similar. I don't MIND markers, they just might be bulkier to squeeze in.

@Kazmirl he's saying if you trade for a hatchie that was influenced, it'll have a marker showing it was influenced as an egg.

Support from me as well, sound like a good idea, but i would not make the Paper Dragon do it, they are still a very rare breed.

How about the Script Dragon? It sounds logical for a dragon that has markings on its body to learn to write? Also, like most BSA dragons, able to be found by everyone (and who says they dont use your local paper dragon as supply? XD )

We have enough parchment for a potentially infinite scroll, so why can't we attach a little note onto a dragon's info ourselves, no BSA needed? :P

If it does have to be a BSA, Script would make sense though.

The big issue with this is that paper dragons are pretty rare, they're not gold-rare due to the sheer demand for golds but you're not exactly gonna catch one every day without some serious time on your hands and you can't just pick up a messy one off the AP. And then with a new BSA that would be crucial for trading the demand for a dragon that's already seemingly coded to drop less often than gold dragons would skyrocket.

Perhaps a new dragon could be added with this BSA that drops at a more reasonable rate for a BSA dragon or it could just be another basic scroll action, we probably don't need a dragon to write stuff down for us.

Edited by blockEdragon

I agree with @angelicdragonpuppy. I like the idea, but not as a BSA. It wouldn't be very fair to players who cannot catch/trade for Papers to suddenly give them a very helpful BSA like this. All of the existing BSA dragons (except Aeons) are fairly common.

Edited by The Dragoness

While the idea is good, paper is not a good choice for a BSA dragon. Especially not if the BSA is actually useful and needed often. Unlike things like Summon...

If it has to be a BSA instead of a regular feature, I'd prefer Scripts as the breed that performs it, to be honest.

I actually think @blockEdragon makes a great point—writing stuff down on scrolls is the one talent we mighty dragon keepers DO have. I really don’t think a BSA, for any dragon, is needed for this. It should be an automatic feature.

Most dragons probably can't even hold a pen, and even those that could would probably have trouble writing small enough to work well on human sized implements.

Lol, maybe a Pipio pygmy could do it, plenty of quills!

Also while scripts have writing-like markings on their scales they don't actually have anything to do with writing; you could stick it on a Bunta at that point and it would be almost as justified.

Edited by blockEdragon

I would be equally happy with it as a simple game improvement. There is no logical reason why a dragon's lineage should be correctly noted in its file but not its influence or precog history. I liked the idea of using paper scales as posties, but it's really the hatchling's gendering I want to be able to see.

36 minutes ago, olympe said:

If it has to be a BSA instead of a regular feature, I'd prefer Scripts as the breed that performs it, to be honest.

Same. If you aren't exactly hoarding them then Paper dragons usually aren't a breed you have a lot of (or can accumulate without much trouble).

1 hour ago, blockEdragon said:

Most dragons probably can't even hold a pen, and even those that could would probably have trouble writing small enough to work well on human sized implements.

Lol, maybe a Pipio pygmy could do it, plenty of quills!

Now, if that isn't an excellent idea... Now I have this picture in my head where the pipios rip out their own feathers...

13 minutes ago, olympe said:

Now, if that isn't an excellent idea... Now I have this picture in my head where the pipios rip out their own feathers...

Yes, send a dragon described as "not very intelligent" to do the writing! What could go wrong?

"Dis Hatching iz inflooencd mail"

Edited by blockEdragon

“For every 20$ donation, a Pipio hatchling gets the chance to receive an education...”

Haha. But yah I’d prefer a QoL change. I’m pretty sure Aeon and Bolt BSAs show up in the egg’s description, just add influence and make the text stay through hatchling stage.

Love this idea - even as a BSA, honestly. (And I don't have adult paper dragons, and it'd be a pain to get one. XD But I'd be okay with this chore.)

Nonetheless, I agree with people that it'd probably be better as a small tweak of the existing infrastructure.

(What is "QoL"? "Quality of life" doesn't make much sense to me in this context - does the abbreviation mean something else as well, or am I just confused about what contexts the term makes sense in?)

Personally I'd rather just do away with the fail-chance on Influence, rather then make a whole new BSA just to double-check the success of one BSA. (Has it ever actually been confirmed that Precog can fail? Every single instance I've seen of someone mentioning that, it turned out to be some mistake on their part.) Or maybe Influence could have like two options, the regular way and then a 'guaranteed' Influence that would have a longer cooldown. 

As far as trading goes, though, I'm unclear how this suggestion would really help at all. You still won't know for certain if the gender is what you want until it is on your scroll and you use this 'certify' or whatever. You still can't ask the other person for any sort of confirmation of correct gender. Unless you can use this action on *other* people's dragons (I believe there is a suggestion about that somewhere), it won't actually help with trading at all.

25 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

As far as trading goes, though, I'm unclear how this suggestion would really help at all. You still won't know for certain if the gender is what you want until it is on your scroll and you use this 'certify' or whatever. You still can't ask the other person for any sort of confirmation of correct gender.

If I've not misunderstood this, the idea would be to have the option to make BSAs used on a dragon public. This helps for trading in that you can decline people's offers if they haven't used the BSA on their dragon, and/or preferentially trade with people who have, and where the public information coincides with what you're looking for.

(Edit:) Being a site feature, this even guards against fraud or mistakes (e.g. someone didn't influence a hatchling, but claims they did to raise their trading chances -- doesn't work if they Certify... or someone thinks they influenced a hatchling male and says so, but actually influenced it female -- doesn't work if they Certify).

Edited by pinkgothic

Hmm. As long as it was *optional* I guess that'd be a nice thing to have. I personally don't want the site broadcasting every single BSA I've used (or 'certified' or whatever) on a dragon. That info is for my Action Log only. Then again, I very rarely ever trade hatchlings, so I have no reason to want people to know BSA results.

10 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Love this idea - even as a BSA, honestly. (And I don't have adult paper dragons, and it'd be a pain to get one. XD But I'd be okay with this chore.)

Nonetheless, I agree with people that it'd probably be better as a small tweak of the existing infrastructure.

(What is "QoL"? "Quality of life" doesn't make much sense to me in this context - does the abbreviation mean something else as well, or am I just confused about what contexts the term makes sense in?)

Quality of life makes sense here; it would take a lot of guessing out of hatchling trades, and that's something that would make an aspect of the game less frustrating.

It would make sense to just attach an influence or precog note with a hatchling in a teleport. After all, you also attach the hatchling's whole lineage "papers," if it has any.

Thing is that influence CAN fail.... I'd buy showing what the Aeon said, though.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Thing is that influence CAN fail.... I'd buy showing what the Aeon said, though.

It succeeds often enough that it would help tremendously if that information could simply be tacked onto each hatchling trade.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It succeeds often enough that it would help tremendously if that information could simply be tacked onto each hatchling trade.

But then we'd get people complaining that the site gave misleading information, or that the trader was being misleading, or simply 'why did it say that and then gender like this??'... The 'note' or whatever would have to make it clear that Influence *can* fail, that an Influenced gender is not 100%.