TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Well, I know that I picked up a couple of hatchies that I then abandoned for more eggspace.  We won't be completely safe until they've all grown up.

There is probably going to be a secondary flood of hatchies once the low-time ones we picked up start gendering wrong. I know I have at least 4 marked to dump if they don't gender right.

Wonderful! I'm glad to see this year's Halloween release. Eager to see the adults! Thanks to TJ and all the spriters who worked on this release, as well as all the parts of the Halloween event. You are awesome!!!

Love waking up to see all the excited talk from the hatchie wall (that I missed)! So glad people posted screenshots. Really, half the fun for me in these events is reading everyone's excitement and reactions. 11-hour eggs in the AP now, that's pretty cool!

Edited by HeatherMarie

Aww. I missed the hatchie wall.

And LOOK AT ALL THESE LOW TIME EGGS.

Including a buch of celestials.

ND experimenters will have a field day.

Sneaking in at the last minute to say how much I enjoyed sharing my Halloween birthday with the Cave this year! I do every year, but this one was more special because we were given some fabulously colorful dragons and a re-start on that tricky, but funny, special event. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you, Cavers! 🎃🍰💀🎊

20 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

Hey um, thanks for the really quick addition of the Arcana encyclopedia entry, but why is it titled Arcana Dragons? Every other breed is singular (Albino Dragon, etc...) so it would be nice if it fit into the general template! (Nitpick over).

Bringing this back bc it's bothering me so much ><

I have to admit I wasn't too excited about the event this year, I don't really care much for text adventures in general... But the hilarious jokes made it much much better!! The 'running water', the potatoes.... I'll definitely remember that for a long time. :lol: 

Thank you to everyone who helped make this Halloween so awesome! 

What a lovely release - the Arcanae are fantastic :-). Thanks to all involved - including for all the pretties in the AP (and the Trololomens) - it's been a fun one, hasn't it 🙂 

I managed to grab a couple of lovely hatchies during that wall. Now to try and catch some lowtime normal eggs, hehe.

But damn, that lag monster game is strong. I barely can load the AP page 😕

I ultimately decided to name my Arcana Puremancer.  Sure, it might not be all that great, but trying to come up with a name that contains the word 'Pure' is quite hard.

The lag is so horrible right now. and I pass out at my desk before the hatchie wall appeared which made me sad. Also I'm blaming the lag for me missing two silvers, a golden Floret a blusang and two last Cavern Lurker hatchies. I has fast internet. that shouldn't be a problem. also the random error didn't help. *grumbles and kicks bad luck* lol, xD Nah, seriously, I'm good. I had some excellent luck with the gender lotto and whatever gendered wrong was easily frozen. I tossed a bunch of stuff back too so hopefully the many 2G's I threw back got picked up. 

I'm really happy that my lineage project goal was met. I didn't catch as many 2G Caligene x male Golden Florets, but I did catch plenty of CB's to widened the bloodline and help it grow that way, :D

I ended up with anywhere between 61-67 new Halloween dragons this year that I kept. all the others got tossed back. :wub:

This year was amazing! Thank you everyone who took part in it! Now, time to let my Halloween babies grow up and get ready for the Christmas season! 

ETA: @Data_Girl_3 I LOVE that name! Puremancer sounds so cool! To me, it tells me that your dragon's magic is pure, unquestionable and comes from within, which naturally born with magic is much more powerful than someone who picked it up through learning. 

Edited by Syiren

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one experiencing the lag. I recently upgraded my comp to a new operating system and was starting to think that was causing the slowness.

*provides coffee and cookies to help wait out the lag*

I got two CB eggs thinking Halloween was egg locked to 2 eggs per scroll and only now realised I was mistaking Christmas with Halloween and missed out on 4 more eggs.. I feel so damn stupid rn

Edited by Shinigami_Ryuuka

It has been a great Halloween so thank you TJ and Spriter’s!  I have filled up on Halloween treats and messy omens and am now looking forward to Christmas. 

Eee, this has been such a fun Halloween~ I'm trying to trade for one last Arcana and then I'll be done for the year.

Thank you TJ, spriters, and event writers for a wonderful Halloween and Halloween dragons.

And ALL THE POTATOES!

Spoiler
On 10/31/2018 at 11:18 PM, Shokomon said:

Thank you TJ, spriters, and event writers for the wonder event and eggs!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

And also, because I was bored and POTATOES:

1zybypl.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zybypl.jpg

axzqd2.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/axzqd2.jpg

(Forgive my really quicky potatoes.]

*blatant self promotion* 

I can only do spoilers on my computer it seems.

Now we just gotta see the alts.

I wonder if we'll ever see the other spriter's, since her scroll is private 

Aw, I missed the hatchie wall... Not that it would have made much of a difference, I'm pretty much scrollocked :P

So hyped to see the alts!

37 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Thank you TJ, spriters, and event writers for a wonderful Halloween and Halloween dragons.

And ALL THE POTATOES!

Reveal hidden contents

*blatant self promotion* 

I can only do spoilers on my computer it seems.

Oh I missed these the first time around! Awesome!

These are my favorite Halloween dragons to date! The colors! The pose! I want to collect an army and send them out next year to collect candy for me!!

Where was the first spriter alt posted? I missed it!

8 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

No alts have been revealed yet. I can't wait to see them though!

Didn't the Omen spriters have alt hatchlings last year? It seems like most holiday alts grow from alted hatchlings, so it's kind of strange that the Arcanae don't. 

10 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

These are my favorite Halloween dragons to date! The colors! The pose! I want to collect an army and send them out next year to collect candy for me!!

Right! This is definitely my favorite halloween, and a contender for overall fav.

The first set of alts have not been revealed yet, TCA's arcanas wont change until they all are either grown or frozen (I think lololol??). She is still collecting them for the year so we wont see the alts for at least another two days.

I am not sure on the status of the other spriter. I am very excited to see them!