TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

6 minutes ago, SamuelMaybird said:

I think my eggs are hitting the AP but I can't find them. I need to head to bed, if anyone finds an egg from Rain Ladened Honeysuckle or Snowsquall Tundra I'd be so happy. I've given up on the others, omens and pretty lines

what lovely names :)

i'll look out for them. i've been clicking on all the witchlights anyway. trying to hatch a couple more. 

i can't believe it's under two hours now. (((((eggies))))

I wish I could've done more, but this will have to be my last hatch-and-AP set. Got to go to bed soon.

"Can Stephen King's new novel possibly be more suspenseful than waiting for all this stuff to gender"

"Let's play 'is the stuff I have now the BEST stuff I could have, or should I dump it to see if the AP has even BESTER stuff????'"

"Whereee or where have my preeecogs gone, oh where or where could they beeeeeee"

"Why can't I toss back this random 4g spiral?! Why is it so appealing... so... SQUISHY?!?"

"Has anyone seen the hatchies? WHERE ARE THE HATCHIES?!?"

The new guys are really pretty! I'm a smidge disappointed that they aren't spiders, though. I was expecting spiders from the multiple "eyes" thing. Maybe next year! 

I like that they have a slightly more festive coloration to them, and the color scheme is gorgeous.

Gonna hit my silver trophy in a couple days at this rate, but, ugh, I'm out of freezes and all my slots are full of hatchies! I need an Incubate for hatchies. I have a bunch of Reds sitting idle because Incubate doesn't do me any good right now. 

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

OMG thanks for the laugh @angelicdragonpuppy! That's awesome. 

*Clings to the hem of your sorcererly vestments* take your messies... and e-escape this place... it's too late for me... but for you, there's still... time...!

*gasps dramatically,

THEN DIES!!!!!!!!?!?!?

2 minutes ago, Fishkeeper said:

The new guys are really pretty! I'm a smidge disappointed that they aren't spiders, though. I was expecting spiders from the multiple "eyes" thing. Maybe next year! 

I like that they have a slightly more festive coloration to them, and the color scheme is gorgeous.

Oh, multi-eyed spider dragons would be beautiful. *__* I thought they'd have multiple eyes too... I wonder what the egg description was about? Referencing observation -> learning, maybe?

9 minutes ago, Fishkeeper said:

The new guys are really pretty! I'm a smidge disappointed that they aren't spiders, though.

Me all the way. I always hope for new dragons that don't look exactly like dragons.

I'm so thankful they're not spiders. The description did say reminded you of gems first, and thats what it was referencing.

8 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:
@Marrionetta by a statement to the contrary do you mean my wish that they’d done a 2g mass breed? Well, of course I wish they had—I collect 2gs. But my personal desires don’t mean I can’t be sincere in apologizing. 
(Rest removed for length)

Bringing up an old post, but I gotta say, I’m pretty much right with you!

My experience went entirely like this:

I’m a collector with very strict limits. 35 of each dragon, ten nicely lineaged (usually checkers). 15 messies per breed get frozen. It’s to keep certain frustrations my dumb brain will have in check.

So I was out of freeze slots and decided to try and find a CB Omen on the AP. I don’t do 2gs so well... unless they’re ‘special’. I like to breed and gift the offspring of those. As far as I know, I’ve never asked any Important People for offspring, so if I get lucky or gifted something, share the love!

I caught an Omen. Saw it was lineaged. Decided to check. Messy. Can’t freeze, about to toss it back in—

And I saw the alt. The wave of disappointment was crushing. But I kept it, for a moment. Maybe a freeze slot would come back.

Checked the news thread. The memes immediately struck me as mean-spirited. I’m assuming that’s because I mostly see such memes surrounding mean-spirited things, plus I’d just had experienced a disappointment related to it.

To the discord! It was absolutely wild in there. In good fun, too, I quickly found out. It was my own fault for having a specific playstyle. Little sad from not being able to join in fully, though.

Freeze slot came back. My Omen hadn’t hatched then, so I was watching the chaos and an offer for a messy lil egg from a blue alt came up! A friend for my pink alt child! I didn’t turn it down.

I still only had one freeze slot available, but I planned to hold on for a second and freeze them both as S2s.

...Then I decided, what if I bred them to each other next year?

So I precogged and named them and they’re going to make the messiest children. They’re so far the only messy adults I’ll allow on my scroll, and I love them. And that’s how you convert someone to the dark side.

Edited by RWyvern

If anyone was wondering, this was my note to myself on the hatchling wall from last year -

November 5: Almost 3 hours of hatchling wall this time around ^_^
Started ~6:10pm - ended ~8:40pm EST/DCtime

Somehow methinks we're a wee bit past that this year, :P.  Imma gonna give up & head to bed soon, as well.  Keep truckin', y'all!

Eggs are dropping even still?! O_O; wow. Not complaining though! :D *low-key urges some of her dragon babies to grow up faster so she can grab more*

31 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

So I precogged and named them and they’re going to make the messiest children. They’re so far the only messy adults I’ll allow on my scroll, and I love them. And that’s how you convert someone to the dark side.

One of us.

In 5 hours i'll have a lot more room and then through the day a few more things will grow depending on how long the hatchie wall is.

I keep unlocking and then locking myself up with AP things. I still really wonder if we'll get to <2h eggs or if this wonderful madness will end before that.

I'd bred some eggs 10 minutes before the end of the breeding window, and they're sitting at 1d 23hrs, so we've got a bit to get through before a hatchie wall!

Holy Mudkipz, the wall is still going!  I was sure it would be gone by the time I got home.  I had grabbed a last batch of messies for freezing because I thought that would be it, but now I wish I'd taken more time choosing lineages.  

I do like that the AP is still a nice mix of breeds, instead  of a wall of SWs or Lurkers.  Some stuff grew up/was frozen, so now I have 4 slots back to play gender lottery with.

29 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I'd bred some eggs 10 minutes before the end of the breeding window, and they're sitting at 1d 23hrs, so we've got a bit to get through before a hatchie wall!

An hour of breedings remain wow this is going to go down in history lol

I don't think the hatchie wall is going to break before I go to bed. 4 hours? It doesn't look like it. I've been trying to save slots but I might just load up!

I've got a fair few gender lotteries I'm waiting on!

Anyway have an estimate of when they think that wall will break?

1 hour ago, RWyvern said:

i too have found myself drawn to the dark side. i had the same idea, breed my two trolomens, but mine are both going to be boys, so i'm having to get another messy to breed with one to make a girl, and then breed them. what on earth is happening to me? i find myself wishing they were messier...

42 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Same here, I bred some eggs in the last minutes too and I think they haven't reached the wall yet. Just checked on them and they're 0-0-0

@Sunrunner I think I'll miss the hatchie wall -again- I'll have space for an egg in 1 hour and then for another in 15 hours and then one more in 19 hours from the time of this post, after that time I'll have space for other 2 or 3 in 4 hours and then multiple spaces 2 days after that...

I need a miracle! :P 

I can't believe the wall is still going strong. I'm totally scroll-locked (I feel this statement has been true continuously for the past 2 weeks lol). I managed to snatch 10 pretty Omens yesterday (well, 2 are PB and I don't know if I'll keep them yet because I'm not really interested in PB). I hadn't planned to add to my collection of Omens this Halloween, but there you go :P 

I wish the hatchies would gender faster so I could know if I keep them or not. Sadly, I only have 3 Aeons (I actually didn't really see the point of their BSA until this holiday, lol) and they are all loooong used. So here I am, wondering impatiently x) So far I've been pretty lucky in that regard and most eggs I've snatched ended up gendering correctly!

Anyway, I think we are getting to the end... Maybe tomorrow we won't see any more Halloween on the AP?

Edit: On another note I started the event with 61 Halloweens in total and now have 131. I now have at least one CB pair of each breed, and I also doubled my Witchlight collection (which, in case I haven't said it enough, is my favorite breed :P ) . 

I need to up my game for Christmas, hehe!

Edited by relaks

I want to be here for the wall break so bad! But it's after midnight here. .... Technically I don't have to get up early though.... I managed to find another messy Cavern Lurker *and* a messy Grave in the past hour or so. Probably tossed back over 100 though, lol!

Dang, I don't think the egg wall has ever lasted this long. we are in the homestretch however. One of my last hour dragon's eggs have been picked up. One has hatched and the other two aren't far behind. I'm glad I kept one to check. https://dragcave.net/lineage/LOQEh