TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

@HeatherMarie not arguing that—just saying that many people do see low gens as things to share rather than just “muahahaha mine, MINE, ALL THE PRETTY THINGS ARE MINEEE!”

We are on the same page. :D 

42 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@KrazyKarp while I understand what you’re saying—they are indeed a gift to the spriters, and we’re not owed their offspring—I’d like to say that many people view babies as things to gift, rather than use as currency and nothing else. Do I sometimes trade the 3g offspring I produce? Oh, absolutely—but for other pretty things so that I can then share more pretties in return. My lists are open free or very cheap in charge to anyone who wants them. And the lineage breeders here are the most generous and helpful users I know—one peek into the gifting and lineage threads and you’ll see people offering up all sorts of treasures. So people don’t just covet low gens as greed, they see them as things to share. This is one of the prettiest SA lines I can breed https://dragcave.net/lineage/TizpX and it wouldn’t have been makeable from messies. :) 

Oh, yes, when I say "trading power", it doesn't necessarily mean they're always used as trades. Whether you gift or trade they still hold the same amount of trading power, it's just in one situation it's being used and the other it isn't, and either one is perfectly ok! And I do agree many people like to have, gift, trade, breed, etc. nice SA lines, because that's also a part of SAs along with them being gifts to the spriters. So I definitely agree with everything you've said, I just meant that sometimes we forget about how they're also really intended for the spriters as thanks for their sprites (especially when people PM them about 2g trades when they don't want PMs about trades, which is a big DC pet peeve of mine to see that happening). Sorry if my post seemed to disagree with everything you've said!

To go along with this, I am excited to see the SA Arcana!

i can't help wondering about the SA arcanas. wondering if they might be the opposite of all the bright colours and be black and white :D

For those who are curious when the last of the 31st eggs will roll by I can give some insight.  I bred a pair in the last 5 minutes before breeding was turned off and kept one of the clutch.  The clutchmates of the one I kept are at 2d 4h currently.  Vs the AP at 2d 1h.  And it's always been a bit of a tradition since I've played that people like to save their breedings for a 31st time stamp.  Your guess is as good as mine as how many real hours that 3 hours difference in egg times will turn out to be. :D

Edited by Dracaena

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I've gotten a lot of wonderful babies as gifts, very messy babies that I love very much. Someone even gifted me a few of those messy Omens! Low-gens and 'clean' lineages are not the only things giftable, or appreciated as gifts. I understand what you are saying, pretty lineage gifts are often very appreciated and fun to give and receive, but so are messies for some people. You wouldn't want to see the AP filled with all messies (I'm assuming), and I wouldn't want to see it filled with all 'pretty' stairsteps and such. Something for everyone is the best way to do it, imo, and there *were* some nice-lineaged SA offspring in the AP, I saw those.

Absolutely this- I actually find low gens and clean lineages pretty boring, and since the vast majority of the eggs in the AP at the moment are either 2nd gen this or that, or some sort of 'step' lineage, I've just been hatching and releasing. I love walking back through long, messy lineages, there's so much history there!

I loved the messy breeding this year, it was an excellent trick/treat, just a shame to see sour grapes about it- oh well. More cuties for me! xD

42 minutes ago, greycat said:

i can't help wondering about the SA arcanas. wondering if they might be the opposite of all the bright colours and be black and white :D

I think the spriters have private scrolls, so we probably wont be able to see them for a while unless they post them here or describe it to us or something

TCAs haven't alted yet I can tell you that much, not sure on the coding side what it takes but they're just not in yet.

2 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

TCAs haven't alted yet I can tell you that much, not sure on the coding side what it takes but they're just not in yet.

I think all her hatchlings need to be either grown or frozen in order for them to alt, like there can't be any transferable dragons on the scroll or they wont alt. I could be wrong tho but thats my best guess based on what I've gathered. 

11 minutes ago, bones17601 said:

I think the spriters have private scrolls, so we probably wont be able to see them for a while unless they post them here or describe it to us or something

TCA's scroll is private but there's an Arcana group highlighted.

And yeah, I think they all have to grow to alt, too.

I truly do not believe people will 'self limit'. People like you and me who only breed our nice things will, but as anyone can see, picking through the AP, many many people don't just breed the 'nice' things. I expect this will be just as bad, if not worse next year, because every year the number of dragons grows. More dragons to breed = more offspring, so..

Whether less eggs in a clutch, or a separate AP/a line of non holiday eggs, whatever. Something should be done.

Just saw a random marrow hatchie peep in--showed up a bit too early to the party! :P

I've seen a lot of people hatching things and throwing them back this year, so I hope there's a huge hatchie wall!

Aaand I'm scroll-locked once more. These will be the last Halloween dragons until next year for me!

I'm hoping next year Omens won't be so hard to come by ;;

i've been hatching and throwing them back for the last couple of days. i'm looking forward to seeing a hatchie wall :)

there have been a lot of really nice things in the ap this year (for me that means pretty checkers, and spriter's alts), and i haven't seen many messies or stairs (which i dislike) , so i think more people have been breeding their nicer dragons. 

i've been sending some especially pretty hatchies to the departures thread, so that the hatchies don't get lost at the end.

Edited by greycat

I've been hatching eggs and tossing the babies back too. Some are nice clean lineages (boring? I guess -  but clean lineages are my preference). I ran out of precogs or I might keep more of them.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Oh they ALL have to be grown before things will alt? I thought it was like a dragon by dragon basis. In which case we have awhile to wait to see them, I'm never this excited to see alts but I really wanna see these ones.

i've kept a handful of hatchies to see if i win the gender lotto, but i don't have room for everything, so keep sending batches out to the ap. it doesn't seem to have made any difference to the times, eggs have now gone down to 2 days. next year i'll make sure i have at least 100 aeons :D . 

I would totally love a separate AP for holiday eggs during these times. I'm against limiting multi-clutches down to only 2 eggs. There is always someone out there who will take a en egg, especially if you hatch it first and abandon the hatchling to the AP. I've been doing it since Halloween, and I get enjoyment out of it knowing someone is loving and appreciating the multitude of hatchlings. Will be sad to see the massive Halloween wall come to an end.

I'm only seeing 2nd-gens and even-gens in the AP right now, I wanted to get one or two more messies before the wall broke now that I'm unlocked... I have my scroll-goals of all old breeds but the Caligenes are *right* at the scroll-goal number (20) and all others are over by a few, so I wanted to get one or two more of those.

edit: I did it, I got two more messy Caligenes!! I think I'm totally done with the Halloween wall now, lol.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Do you guys think the eggs in the AP will run so low on time that they'll die? I've never seen them so low before and I'm not gonna lie it's kinda making me a little stressed because I'd hate to see all of those Halloween eggs go to waste haha. 

The AP's officially past the 2 day mark! Didn't that happen last year too? I love it, unfortunate for all those misgendered hatchies though. I ran out of Aeons, so I'm just keeping ones I'm interested in until they gender and then I'll assess the damage. XD

Remember to do your civic duty and catch, hatch, release!

I have no idea how there are STILL Halloween eggs in the AP after my work shift, but I am happy! Now if I can just grab one of those pesky elusive Omen Wyrms that keep flying by I'll be good. I just want one more. I only grabbed 4 this year and they were a lot harder to grab than others in past years. goodness. 

ETA: YES! Nabbed one! and it's a pretty 2G too! Woot! :D

Edited by Syiren

Hmm I don't think they're quite hitting the AP yet, they seem to be at 2 days still and the ap is under that.