TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I've snagged all the AP eggs I can manage - and have now run out of Aeons....

10 hours ago, Crystals said:

I'm just having fun using up all my remaining freeze slots on AP babies. Catch, hatch, freeze, repeat. A lot of ugly-cute stage one hatchies. :)

DAMN why didn't I think of that, instead of throwing back what I couldn't use. Now I am locked with things I actually want to grow up....

Right now I'm grabbing eggs, hatchings and dumping everything back into the AP. There will be a flood of hatchlings once we clear eggs out. I plan a nab a few for freezing then.

My eggs have hatched! The pose of the hatchlings is such a cute one, next year I might breed the new dragons just to get some hatchlings to freeze.

My spuds hatched, now it's time to stock up on ap eggs. Managed to grab an offspring from a spriter's alt \o\ That counts two this year.

OMG I FORGOT TO INFLUENCE MINE

Phew.  <1 hour left on most of them, but I got it done.  I can't believe I was that much of an idiot.  Thankfully I got out of work on time to get home.

Edit:  Yikes.  Three just hatched.  I cut that really close.

Edited by Gryphonic

Seeing my own babies hatch I came to think of something about the hatching sequence:

From stage 2-3 the green is clearly cracking though the shell, but seemingly behind the "gems".

The from stage 4-5 there is clearly a hole and flames, the "gems" are disappearing.

Then once we've got a hatchling, it looks like one of the "gems" is attached to its forehead. 

Just pondering about that for a bit. 🤔

I'll say it again, I wish TJ's hatchlings started with lower time the way his eggs do. Maybe not *that* low timed, but this wait is killing me! I want to see the adults now! 

My two new-halloween eggs hatched after I went to bed (okay technically I was still awake, in bed, unable to fall asleep, so I was able to fog them when they hatched). I'm about to start poking through the AP, looks like a lot of variety breed-wise right now, hopefully some variety in lineages too.

Every holiday I question why we have a hatching limit. 

And of course the site is still laggy- been doing this for years now and can't be bothered to fix it. Flight Rising doesn't lag during their events, so what's your issue, DC? (DC lags even when it's not an event, every single top of the hour).

8 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Every holiday I question why we have a hatching limit. 

And of course the site is still laggy- been doing this for years now and can't be bothered to fix it. Flight Rising doesn't lag during their events, so what's your issue, DC? (DC lags even when it's not an event, every single top of the hour). 

TJ's got a job and a life outside of DC, y'know. It's natural to have occasional bits of lag, that's how computers work. We just had a pretty major event, the AP is still chock-full of low-time Halloween eggs, and there's a bunch of people looking for nice stuff there. Go back to your "better" game if you think DC is trash because of some lag.

1 minute ago, Sazandora said:

TJ's got a job and a life outside of DC, y'know. It's natural to have occasional bits of lag, that's how computers work. We just had a pretty major event, the AP is still chock-full of low-time Halloween eggs, and there's a bunch of people looking for nice stuff there. Go back to your "better" game if you think DC is trash because of some lag.

DC has existed for 10 years. This has been an issue every single year. I think it's pretty obvious TJ does the bare minimum to update this site's coding. I keep saying if he's so 'busy' and he doesn't actually want to take care of the game, give or sell it to someone who does.

10 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

DC has existed for 10 years. This has been an issue every single year. I think it's pretty obvious TJ does the bare minimum to update this site's coding. I keep saying if he's so 'busy' and he doesn't actually want to take care of the game, give or sell it to someone who does.

I respectfully disagree with you here.

TJ has implement any NUMBER of things int he last few years ( allowing old Hallows to be caught in their own biome to name just one... OR the marketplace!) That are DEFINITELY above and beyond the 'bare minimum' of keeping the code updated.

Omens are heckle hard to get from the AP. They get snapped up real quick.

There always seems to be a lot of Marrows, Lurkers, and Walkers though.

14 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

TJ has implement any NUMBER of things int he last few years ( allowing old Hallows to be caught in their own biome to name just one... OR the marketplace!) That are DEFINITELY above and beyond the 'bare minimum' of keeping the code updated.

Rereleasing old dragons doesn't require much if any new code- just modification of existing code. It's something he could have done at any time and the fact that is took this long is not something I'll praise him for. There were even very obvious glitches and oversites with the whole thing, such as coppers producing glitches when breeding with the holiday biome dragons, eggs not generating at all (which is a glitch that happens all the time and still happens- you mean to tell me one of the site's most basic features doesn't work right?), and eggs people already are at their limit for blocking the whole biome.

The shop is really the only new thing he's added, and even then it's not what people wanted exactly. It's a half baked attempt that misses most of the reason why people wanted it in the first place (tinsels ans shimmers), with prices of several things like commons not making much sense, and feels like he only did it so people would shut up about it. (actually now that I look why on earth are magmas worth more than golds??)

Same with the raffle- he made new requirements, but that's not what people wanted. People wanted the chance to get more than one ticket, or larger pools of winners. Not a few new requirements that are no harder to do than the previous one.

I feel if he's going to take donations and offer ad subscriptions for people's money, then it's fair to hold him accountable when things simply do not work.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

26 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

29 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

16 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

TJ has implement any NUMBER of things in the last few years ( allowing old Hallows to be caught in their own biome to name just one... OR the marketplace!) That are DEFINITELY above and beyond the 'bare minimum' of keeping the code updated.

I disrespectfully disagree. TJ does more than most people would bother to, to keep this excellent free site going. Those who don't like it know where the door is. I would rather have him run it than someone who would probably change loads of  the things that make this site the only game I like to play on line.

6 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Rereleasing old dragons doesn't require much if any new code- just modification of existing code. It's something he could have done at any time and the fact that is took this long is not something I'll praise him for. There were even very obvious glitches and oversites with the whole thing, such as coppers producing glitches when breeding with the holiday biome dragons, eggs not generating at all (which is a glitch that happens all the time and still happens- you mean to tell me one of the site's most basic features doesn't work right?), and eggs people already are at their limit for blocking the whole biome.

The shop is really the only new thing he's added, and even then it's not what people wanted exactly. It's a half baked attempt that misses most of the reason why people wanted it in the first place (tinsels ans shimmers), with prices of several things like commons not making much sense, and feels like he only did it so people would shut up about it. (actually now that I look why on earth are magmas worth more than golds??)

Same with the raffle- he made new requirements, but that's not what people wanted. People wanted the chance to get more than one ticket, or larger pools of winners. Not a few new requirements that are no harder to do than the previous one.

I feel if he's going to take donations and offer ad subscriptions for people's money, then it's fair to hold him accountable when things simply do not work.

You really seem to dislike this place,. Have you considered simply starting your own game and see how many users you can attract, while managing a full time job on the side ? TJ has often put his hands up when thing go pearshaped. In what way has he not been accountable ?

As to people wanting "more raffle tickets" - I think the majority in the threads discussing that have said no thanks.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

@Fuzzbucket You know, why do I bother. You can like the site, but don't ignore when I point out obvious flaws that are inexcusable to exist. Glitches where no eggs spawn at the top of the hour should not happen.  If your game doesn't work, don't even offer to take people's money, even if optional.

I am on topic. The game is laggy because of the release- this isn't the first release, it's not even the 20th. It's a problem that could be fixed but he doesn't care to. I don't really know what to expect anymore. I've been playing on another site that actually, oh, I don't know, tries to fix their stuff and it's so strange having things work right. but I guess that's optional to TJ.

The AP is also full of holiday eggs. We've asked him before about making a separate AP for holidays and normal eggs, but he doesn't really care. Christmas is gonna be fun again when the AP is full of new eggs that people grabbed an abandoned so nobody can even pick them up. Abandoned limited CBs should not go to the AP.

I didn't realize how these new eggs hatch before. It's like they ooze green slime! That is so flipping awesome! And it shows really well against the purple shell of the egg! Kudos to the clever mind that came up with that! :wub:

11 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I didn't realize how these new eggs hatch before. It's like they ooze green slime! That is so flipping awesome! And it shows really well against the purple shell of the egg! Kudos to the clever mind that came up with that! :wub:

I thought it was green flame, but YES, creepily cool, either way!

ETA... maybe we can pitch the question of WHICH it is at the spriter after the big reveal of the adults!

Edited by JavaTigress

23 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

I thought it was green flame, but YES, creepily cool, either way!

ETA... maybe we can pitch the question of WHICH it is at the spriter after the big reveal of the adults!

Oh I'm totally up for that. :D Either way its amazing and it's helped me think of clever names for my cuties when they hatch. 

Quick shoutout to all the cute treats we got this year! There were a lot of good ones but my favorites are the Chocobo, the squirrel who looks ready to kill a fool (so much detail in so little space, you go Mewtie!), the horse, the origami looking dragon (wish OUR papers looked like that... :P Glad to see Nakase still around, too!) and the Pumpkaboo.

Also wondering if the gold watch/compass thing is a Golden Compass reference...

I admit that all of the trick and treat references went right over my head but I still enjoy them a lot.

I also managed to snag some great potato names for my Halloween hatches... I can't wait for TJ's to grow up!

The ToT's were really awesome this year! I have a lot more favs than I can name for those, so that's always a win! :D I also just got my first hatchie! I wish we didn't have to wait 16 more hours to find out what the adults look like, but patience is a virtue an' all that. also I'm finally hatchie-locked after hatching and retossing to the AP which is fun, my reds got a good workout this year.