Jump to content
TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Recommended Posts

Oh no. The AP is no longer influenceable which is sad. I'm scroll locked too, but when I'm not it looks like I [and everyone else] will have to play the gender lottery.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, bonvoyage said:

Oh no. The AP is no longer influenceable which is sad. I'm scroll locked too, but when I'm not it looks like I [and everyone else] will have to play the gender lottery.

 

Aeons! I stocked up on a bunch after the AP went below ER the year before last. And hopefully once people grab the lowest time ones, times will actually increase for a while--remember that the highest time Halloweens in the AP are still going to have 6 days as of midnight tonight. That's 3 days of non-ER stuff, if we can dig down to it!

 

It is odd that it hit such a low time so quickly, though. I don't remember it ever doing so before. Lots of people focused on CBs instead of lineages, maybe, since they were counting on it this time? Hopefully it fixes itself next year as people meet their goals.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

It is odd that it hit such a low time so quickly, though. I don't remember it ever doing so before. Lots of people focused on CBs instead of lineages, maybe, since they were counting on it this time? Hopefully it fixes itself next year as people meet their goals.

That caught my eye too! Yep, maybe people just focused on CB's instead of lineages, or breeding their current dragons. Anyway I focused on CB's but bred many of my dragons anyway, so yeah, it's odd...

 

I was hoping for another week of AP Halloween stuff like last year :P but we'll see!

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@skauble if I remember right... when the Halloween biome was first introduced, people were complaining because it was a lot of the newest dragons and not many of the old, so supply wasn't meeting demand. It was even WORSE during Christmas / Valentines, because people couldn't even pick up the breeds they already had! So I'm pretty sure at one point TJ announced he'd fiddled with the ratios to make more of the older breeds drop (Hollies in particular were chaos to get, for obvious reasons). Maybe that's carried over to this year.

Thanks. :)  I wasn't playing regularly for a few years, so I missed pretty much all the info about the holiday dedicated biomes. And I can definitely see how it would make sense to change them a bit, and since they'll be there every year it's probably a good idea to make the older ones easy to get. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm just having fun using up all my remaining freeze slots on AP babies. Catch, hatch, freeze, repeat. A lot of ugly-cute stage one hatchies. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Crystals said:

I'm just having fun using up all my remaining freeze slots on AP babies. Catch, hatch, freeze, repeat. A lot of ugly-cute stage one hatchies. :)

Ooh, I'm doing a lot of that too. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

In the meantime, has anyone noticed how awesome this year's eggs' hatching sequence is!?

Thanks~

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

In the meantime, has anyone noticed how awesome this year's eggs' hatching sequence is!?

Yes! It's beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post

I missed TJ's eggs hatching, but the hatcheries have a lot of close-to-hatching eggs right now. The sequence is definitely awesome, it really looks cool for Halloween.

 

I stupidly reflex-clicked a Chicken and I'm now locked, but the second I get unlocked I'll be diving into that low-time AP!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

I missed TJ's eggs hatching, but the hatcheries have a lot of close-to-hatching eggs right now. The sequence is definitely awesome, it really looks cool for Halloween.

 

I stupidly reflex-clicked a Chicken and I'm now locked, but the second I get unlocked I'll be diving into that low-time AP!

Don't look now, but a lot of what's going through right now is kinda messy...:P

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

Don't look now, but a lot of what's going through right now is kinda messy...:P

 

It always happens like that! I hunt for hours and only find even-gens and stairsteps, then the second I get locked I see someone posting about messies in the AP. 

Share this post


Link to post

Definitely think more people ignored the AP this time around. Usually my first breedings on the 25th and 26th go quickly, but they sat around for a surprisingly long time. A number of my first breedings ended up ER/frozen too when usually it's the eggs from the 30th and 31st that become freezing fodder. Curious to see the changes taking place and what's going to happen with this severely ER AP.

 

I wonder if next year, when more and more people like myself become satisfied with their CB collections, we'll see a return to hunting the AP instead of the biome. Then again there's always going to be a new breed to hoard CBs of. Here's hoping pretty holiday lineages never fall completely out of style, they're some of my favorites =o

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly I wish any egg dumped by over 10 different unique users would be auto killed... When I was AP hunting earlier this week I saw some messies sit for close to an hour, just blocking everything. 😕 I realize tastes vary, but if TEN PEOPLE throw the fish back, it’s probably not a very good fish.

Share this post


Link to post

There's definitely some pretty lineages floating around in there. Fingers crossed for the ones that gender right. Definitely picking up more aeons before next Halloween even though I love alternating checkers with flipped genders.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Honestly I wish any egg dumped by over 10 different unique users would be auto killed... When I was AP hunting earlier this week I saw some messies sit for close to an hour, just blocking everything. 😕 I realize tastes vary, but if TEN PEOPLE throw the fish back, it’s probably not a very good fish.

 

I also wish that if you dump one egg, that you can no longer pic up any egg from the same clutch-lol!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Honestly I wish any egg dumped by over 10 different unique users would be auto killed... When I was AP hunting earlier this week I saw some messies sit for close to an hour, just blocking everything. 😕 I realize tastes vary, but if TEN PEOPLE throw the fish back, it’s probably not a very good fish.

 

Imo this isn't a bad idea! But my mind went 'poor fish' XD

Share this post


Link to post

Aah, my eggs have holes in them ❤️

I can't wait for them to hatch and for my hatchies to grow so I can hatch-abandon a bunch of the AP babies.

Share this post


Link to post

I think it'd be nice if we had reserve egg slots for bred things. You could fill up on your 8 CBs and still have 3 or 4 spaces for hunting the AP. I'm going to be freezing a lot of messies I find (Marrow S1s yes plz) or tossing hatchlings back once I've got space, but it'd be nice to keep the AP moving throughout the whole holiday and not just when CBs stop dropping. It'd be great for trading too, while not feeling like you're holding up precious egg space waiting on swaps.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, tiny_gremlin said:

In the meantime, has anyone noticed how awesome this year's eggs' hatching sequence is!?

It's  gorgeous  Nice work, TCA

Edited by Imzadi

Share this post


Link to post

Only just now seeing the S1 hatchie, I like it a lot more than the S2. Also, the hatching sequence is really nice. I hope the adults involve green fire somehow too.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Nine said:

I think it'd be nice if we had reserve egg slots for bred things. You could fill up on your 8 CBs and still have 3 or 4 spaces for hunting the AP. I'm going to be freezing a lot of messies I find (Marrow S1s yes plz) or tossing hatchlings back once I've got space, but it'd be nice to keep the AP moving throughout the whole holiday and not just when CBs stop dropping. It'd be great for trading too, while not feeling like you're holding up precious egg space waiting on swaps.

 

To be fair, this is the first holiday in 10+ years I can remember being like this. Usually the AP gets a lot of love.

 

And as opposed to auto kill... maybe every five unique users dumping an egg = 1 hour removed from it? 5 hours? Makes it more desirable and if like an absurd amount of people don’t want it it could even die then, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.