Fishkeeper

Click sites- what counts as a view?

If I go to AOND, hit "show all" on everything, and don't wait for the page to load all the dragons, does that count as views for all of them? 

What about if I wait for all of them to load, but don't scroll down? 

In other words, do I have to load and scroll over all the images to give them views? 

What if the images don't load and are just the little folder icon with the code next to them? Does looking at that do any good? 

This should probably go in the Help section, since it's not really a discussion. 

Views are basically loading the image. Not loading the page will not give views, the image needs to load. But it doesn't matter if you personally *view* the image, just that it loads, so you don't have to scroll down or make sure you see every image. I often have hatcheries refreshing while doing things in different tabs, so I don't even have the hatchery showing on the screen, but it's loading the images in a different tab so it still counts as 'views'. (The folder icon thing, I'm not sure about.)

If the images don't load it does not result in a "view". For a hatchery the size of AoND I would never set it to show all, as it is unlikely that the images will all load. It is much better to select a lower number and set the views to refresh regularly. As HeatherMarie says, you can run that page in the background while you are working on something else in another tab. I usually set to view 75 to 150 eggs and hatchlings, depending on the number of creatures on the site at the time. Then I set it to refresh every 0.25 minutes, which on my computer gives plenty of time for all those babies to load. Then I go off and tend my scroll or read my news feed or email or play an online game in another tab, while all those dragons get views.