Wmctalon

No eggs on 11pm drops?

Been checking on the 5 minute drops and have not seen any since before 11pm in the Halloween biome, any idea what’s going on?

It seems the hour drop didn't spawn. It happens every so often, but TJ doesn't think it's a big deal so it keep happening. @LadyLyzar @purpledragonclaw Can someone maybe poke TJ? It's annoying enough when this happens during regular drops, but very limited holiday drops... Ugh.

Edit: Adding @Infinis 'cause I think they are actually online?

Edited by HeatherMarie

It usually rights itself on the next hour, so let's hope everything returns to normal in... 8 minutes.

Just now, anetofstars said:

Started at 11 PM EDT in Halloween biome. During a holiday event, this is rather annoying.

Yes, the title says that.  If the eggs are not generated on the hour there won't be any for the full hour.  More will hopefully show at midnight.  This happens all the time, but somehow it's not a big deal according to TJ despite happening off and on for over a year now.

I remember this happening last year during a holiday release (Halloween or Christmas), where people couldn't collect the new eggs for the last hour or so. I'm disappointed to hear this is still an issue and maybe even getting worse.

Sorry, just saw this. Glad it's been fixed. Nine, I remember that last year too. Unfortunately, no matter how much TJ prepares, these glitches can happen. The Steam Summer Sale has glitches every single year, despite Valve's efforts to counteract their avid fanbase once the sale starts.

The hourly drop for 8 am did not go through either, nor did the 08:05 one.

Just now, Cinspawn said:

The hourly drop for 8 am did not go through either, nor did the 08:05 one.

Just wanted to say the same :o pity because there weren't all that many people there for the hour drop and grabbing stuff would have been a lot easier than most of the last days.

The problem is that this is a year-round issue, not just a holiday one. Looking at all the previous threads on this, HeatherMarie and DragonLady86 are right, TJ doesn't think of this as an issue so I don't know if it'll get fixed even though it needs to be fixed.

Chiming in to say nope, no Halloween biome drop on the :35 or :40 either 😞

You don't have to report 5 min drops within the hour.  If it doesn't spawn at the top of the hour, it will not drop for the full hour.  It works that way every time.  The only "good" thing is thus far, it has never happened two hours in a row, so the next hour always fixes it.  but it would still be nice if whatever bug causes it would be tracked down and killed.

4 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

The problem is that this is a year-round issue, not just a holiday one. Looking at all the previous threads on this, HeatherMarie and DragonLady86 are right, TJ doesn't think of this as an issue so I don't know if it'll get fixed even though it needs to be fixed.

Yeah, that's the thing. This can't just be chalked up to holiday overload, more traffic then usual due to the holiday, some bug from the game code, anything like that. Because it happens at non-holiday times as well. This is not just a holiday bug, it's just more *frustrating* when it's during the holidays because of the very limited time we get to hunt holidays.

This is a reminder of how important it will be to make sure you catch your new Halloweens as early as possible!  If you are catching and releasing to the AP for people who missed coming on Halloween day to catch, don't abandon any until you know the biomes are still dropping eggs! 

Last Halloween there were a lot of people were expecting to be able to catch eggs in the last hour before Halloween ended, and there ended up being no drops.  Anyone who was waiting to the last minute to get eggs missed out.  A lot of people abandoned their eggs before checking to see if eggs were still dropping.  I almost did.  (That's probably at least partly why so many people are desperate to get omens this year; they abandoned their eggs for other people to catch, and then ended up with few or none themselves).

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Another hourly without eggs?

yup looks like it-- may be for the whole hour as there is nothing at the 5 either

Edited by dragonpuck

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Another hourly without eggs?

phew just back for the holiday and i thought DC changed the eggs timing. 

and nothing on the 5 minutes... ^^"

There I go, having abandoned my first batch to the AP xD

Yup, another hour without eggs! But this is not a long-standing issue, according to TJ........

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yup, another hour without eggs! But this is not a long-standing issue, according to TJ........

maybe not long standing , but  problematic just the same