Naruhina_94

ANSWERED:Play Haunted Forest event mutliple times

Hi guys, I just finished the small event trought the Haunted Forest. I quite enjoyed it, read descriptions and stuff but I still missed some items to collect.

The items you collect in this minigame will most likely be displayed in your collection if you click over the final badge of the event. Therefore I wish to fully complete them.

Another point is that I would sincerely love to play the game and see what would have happened if I followed different paths. I thought I would have been able to play it multiple times since there was none warning about the game being playable only one time.

TJ wrote:

I have 24 objects in the master list... 🙃

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Wait, there were 24 items to collect in the event? I finished it with far less than that...I guess I didn't look around enough. Darn.

It's okay; everyone's journey will be different. There's a part where you literally can only experience one of two mutually-exclusive choices, I believe.

------------------------------------------

If there are mutually exclusive choices I would still like to redo the game to at least pick one of the alternatives AND enjoy the story a second time :)

Please consider this suggestion, afterall giving the option to replay the game would influence only this single-week event and wouldn't alter other's gameplay.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I am definitely in support of this. I too didn't realise I would only be able to play through the story once, as I didn't see any warning regarding this... I am missing quite a few items(I collected 15/24), so there were obviously some plot lines I've missed and I'd definitely love to be able to explore it all once again!

I finished with 12 items, so I would love to have another chance at collecting those items. And who wouldn't want to play through that great event again? I won't be too upset if it's not possible though, as I rarely do manage to collect all of the items in these events and I'm used to that.

Edited by The Dragoness

This would be the first time after 8 years that I miss something so it would be quite upsetting XD I hope I am not the only one to think like that. I still feel bad about my very first trick or treath collection, it was my first event ever and I was on a trip so I collected few items. After that I always collected everything, it would be a shame to stop now

I fully support this too! It is going to drive me nuts knowing there is 24 and I only got 14!

WB

I haven't played yet, but I will be very upset if this is the first event I can't fully complete.  It's one thing if its my fault it's another thing entirely if the site limits my ability to play.

Me too!! I actually came to the Suggestions page to suggest the exact same thing! I knew I didn't take all the paths available and was so excited to be able to play it again and pick up all the things I missed but was bummed to see that I couldn't... :( So yes please let it be replayable @TJ09!!

Oh wow, 24? And I thought the story had already been longer than I expected when I finished with 14 items 😮

(Tbh, I also didn't know you could only play it once.. had planned to back through at the end of the event even if I had gotten everything the first time)

Support! I wouldn't mind being able to explore further and see if I can find the stuff I missed.

16 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Support! I wouldn't mind being able to explore further and see if I can find the stuff I missed.

Same for me!

I am glad we are getting only positive response for now.

This could be implemented in different ways that is up to TJ to choose since he knows which one is easier to code:

-keep everything already collected and start the mission over (optimal choice)

- reset everything everytime you re-start the game 

- give only one second chance towards the end of the week

- give a daily chance to play the game (it resets everytime) if you collect everything you can't play it again

- if it is impossible to reset the RPG release the missing trinkets as collectable items alongside the trick or treat ones. The RPG items will still be placed with those of their kind.

Edited by Naruhina_94

32 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

- if it is impossible to reset the RPG release the missing trinkets as collectible items alongside the trick or treat ones. The RPG items will still be placed with those of their kind.

I am all for that option!

WB

I would love a daily reset for the game and the chance to do the game all over again.

Whether we keep what we collected before or lose it once we start a new game, I don't care but being able to test it out a few times would.be.AWESOME!

The game is very much fun and it would be a shame if we couldn't exploit.. ehm explore it to the fullest. :D

Edited by Belisar

Definitely support anything to get to redo it and find the rest I missed! Now need to go find the trick or treats!

every other text adventure we've had was re-playable to get the missed items.  I don't really understand why this one isn't.

Also was wondering where do I go look for the trick or treats? I haven't found those yet at all.. and have been wandering all over like a lost puppy.... LOL

Yes please! Every other adventure let us collect all sprites, I’d like to be able to do that here too :)

(I got 23 items, so apparently only missed the mutually exclusive one haha!)

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I won't mind doing it again. :D

1 hour ago, madameM said:

Also was wondering where do I go look for the trick or treats? I haven't found those yet at all.. and have been wandering all over like a lost puppy.... LOL

It just on the dragon cave pages itself, like click on one of your dragons and look around the page for something to click on.

And its like...ever 15 mins or so.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Thanks for the info~ Finally got 4 things now to sit and watch..... with finger ready to click,  hahahahahaa :lol:

I would absolutely love to do this again. To make different choices and find missing items. It was fun the first time and sure will be fun the next time(s) :D