Naruhina_94

ANSWERED:Play Haunted Forest event mutliple times

I totally agree with you! It’s not fair that there is no warning telling us it can only be played once, and those who play later can get more just because so many previous players miss a lot of images and warn them.

Well, honestly I like the food images a lot but I only collect the other things and it makes me feel bad,,,

yes,  i'd love the chance to play again, and get the things i missed. i wantz potatoes! and the other food, and whatever else i'm missing. 

i was really hoping that it would continue today, or at least reset so that it could be played again. i never would have rushed through it so fast if i'd realised we couldn't play again. i did think i'd tried all the options, apart from not going back to the house at the beginning. maybe i just did things in the wrong order. sigh.

Edited by greycat

Wasn't aware I had skipped any options… But I only got 15 objects, so wouldn't mind a chance to get the rest.

I would definetly like to hear from a mod or an event organizer if it's the game already scheduled to be re-played later this week or not.

I hope we are not making an unnecessary topic and the Haunted Forest was already planned to be played again in the next days. XD

Edited by Naruhina_94

I was really hoping it would reset at midnight and let us play again. I missed the potatoes and apparently a lot of other stuff and would like to be able to try again and explore the areas that I missed.

I want to play again too - for the items but also to read/discover the paths not taken by chance I took the 'right' path right at the beginning and couldn't go back :(

I hope we at least get a replay on Halloween itself if we can't get a daily replay...

Yes, please! I thought I did very well, I certainly tried to explore the options that were presented to me, but then I saw that I'd apparently missed a heap of stuff after all. I always try to collect all the things, so it frustrates me very much to know that this collection is incomplete, and to have no option of going back even though there's masses of time left in the event. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to find the rest of the things.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:12 AM, Naruhina_94 said:

The items you collect in this minigame will most likely be displayed in your collection if you click over the final badge of the event. Therefore I wish to fully complete them.

There are no plans at this time to show event inventory after the end of the event.

3 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

There are no plans at this time to show event inventory after the end of the event.

Okay, but can we still go back and play it again to finish collecting what we missed, please?

WB

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

That really doesn't bother me, but I would still like to be able to go back into the game so that I could figure out how to see the parts I missed. The creators took a lot of time to create all the options -- I would at least like to see them all.

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

I must admit this relieves me. I said that because I thought it would have been like the older events. :)

However has others have said the game is enjoiable and definetly worth be played multiple times. It would be nice to be able to play it again, but now that I know that the inventory won't be displayed after the event I totally feel it can be a less essential thing.

Now I am totally confused as to the reasoning for the game to be only played once if the inventory wouldn't be displayed after end of event.  What harm is there in letting people entertain themselves while waiting for eggs to hatch?  Is it really better for them to be bored and look for entertainment at other locations to preserve whatever it is that the game is restricted to one run through?

As far as I know and experienced, every telltale genre game HAD a restart option, at least after the story has been completed. I fail to see why this one has to be be any different. More people care about taking different routes throughout the story than collecting all the achievements - even if they are not bound to stay, players can take screenshots if they want, until the event is over. 

Full support. 

21 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Ehhh?? The other choose your own adventures let us show our inventory, why not this one? Seems a waste of the effort the creators put in. :(

I too am in full support of enabling people to re-play the adventure, preferably in the exact same way that they have been able to re-play adventures in the past 8 (!!!) years. Frankly, what with the adventures always having been replayable in the past 8 years, it would have been courteous of those in charge to give people fair warning about this adventure being different, because people have logically come to expect the adventure being replayable. If people had known in advance, they would have been much more cautious or waited until the spoilers were released on the DC Wiki in order to ensure that they would be able to collect everything. But no warning was given, which essentially indicated that this adventure would be no different from those in previous years, so I kind of feel like people were misled - which is not okay in my book.

Another thing to consider, is this: Halloween has always been about grabbing all you can. It's the one event on DC where people don't have to worry about any limits, save for the one on their scroll (i.e. the egg limit). To suddenly arbitrarily impose a limit (in this case on the text adventure), goes against the spirit of the Halloween event on DC. It makes no sense to be able to grab all you can egg-wise on Halloween, but not event-wise. It's one thing if people fail to collect everything because they don't invest enough time in it, but it's another if DC actually puts restrictions on that. Halloween should be open to all, not (partially) closed off or available to a select few - so to speak.

Ehhh?? The other choose your own adventures let us show our inventory, why not this one? Seems a waste of the effort the creators put in. :(

I think TJ might have meant that there are no plans to make your inventory visible to others - it will be visible to you, but not to others. It would be nice if it were visible to others, though - just like with the 2011 Haunted House, the 2012 Haunting in Aliset and the 2014 Carnival. All of those were text adventures, of which the inventory is visible to both oneself and others. But well, I can live with it if the inventory is only visible to myself this time around - it's much more important to me that my inventory is complete, which can only be achieved if this year's adventure becomes replayable.

^This.  Every single holiday adventure has been re-doable.  (with the minor exception of the April fools mint, but that is also a joke and not a quest).  There was no warning given that the adventure was re-playable and having HALF of the items be things you could only if you "returned to your house" instead of proceeding with the adventure is majorly deceitful, because very few players would have made that choice without knowing about it.  (I would have, but I would have missed at least one other item due to necessary back-tracking even though I always try to do every option before moving forward.)

I'm not at all happy with the choice that was made to set everyone up to fail this year. 

I'd love to replay again and get all the items. I actually immediately went back outside once I got to my house, because I thought it was where I needed to go to progress, and I didn't want to miss anything... turns out I probably missed a lot by going back into the forest.